What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Central locking annoying problem

Opal white

Reaction score
jactac said:
How did you get on with your central locking problem :?:

Was it water getting into the boot switch :eusa-think:

The problem disappeared as quick as it arrived, sounds like the damp switch has dried out (for now) :eusa-think:

I am hoping the fault does not raise it's head again but I will be reporting it prior to my 2 year service which is due in March & hopefully have the switch unit changed out.

Thanks once again for the info :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Mine was the same,various intermittent problems for a while, that I didnt realise was only happening after rain or washing.

When I took into the dealers it was working ok, but as soon as I mention the symptoms they asked was it playing up after raining or washing, so they already new of this issue with the Z and promptly booked it in to have the switch replaced.

To be honest I wanted it done urgently because on one previous occasion the boot popped open whilst driving along the M4 at high speed, this was on a clear dry day, but 2 or 3 days after I had washed the car .

I was also locked out from the car on a few occasions, locked inside on one occasion, luckily this happened on my drive so I climbed out through the window. :oops:
Even the parking sensors and parking screen display were affected, if I put the car into reverse it sometime showed a warning on the front of the car, or would just throw out a warning when driving along. :crazy:

Anyway hope you get yours sorted soon. :thumbup: