What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Central locking annoying problem

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone, i have been having a trouble in the last 10 days with my car's central locking system.
It all started one morning when i went to get in my car to go to work. I pressed the unlock button on my key to unlock the doors as i usually do.
The driver's door opened as fine. When i try to open the passenger's door from the outside i surprisingly realised that it was still locked.
Then i started to be suspicious. Why is this happening?
After a couple of days the drivers door wasn't unlocking either and i had to unlock the door manual (that goes the same for the passenger's door as well).
On the car's screen it doesn't show any mulfunction display which is weird. So i decided to contact the local Peugeot Garage in my home town but because
it seems to be closed due to summer holidays. So i have no choise but to wait until the next week that it will be open again.
And then in top of that came the worst of all. Like a virus spread, the fuel lid got stucked and it won't open too.
So i can't use my car because i can't put gas in it. But thank god, by bootlid can still works properly so i can reach the interior. :dance:
Has this problem happened to anyone else or am i the first to experience such a weird situation with the central locking system?

A

Anonymous

i would appreciate some help here guys....i am in a serious problem, could you please give me a piece of advice?

RCZ1

Reaction score
You need to contact your dealer. Others have had similar problems with electrics on here but yours sounds a bit extreme.

A

Anonymous

yes true, some had probs with the boot and others with the passenger door. never heard of the fuel lid but

A

Anonymous

Never heard of such an extreme lock system issue. I'm afraid that I genuinely do not think there's anything that you can do ahead of having the dealership look at it. Do you have any idea how long it'll be before they reopen? Is there another dealer relatively close by that you can visit?

A

Anonymous

have you tried something as simple as replacing the battery on the keyfob?

A

Anonymous

xzibit206 said:
have you tried something as simple as replacing the battery on the keyfob?
I didn't change the battery but i did check with my extra car key and i have the same problem so...

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Never heard of such an extreme lock system issue. I'm afraid that I genuinely do not think there's anything that you can do ahead of having the dealership look at it. Do you have any idea how long it'll be before they reopen? Is there another dealer relatively close by that you can visit?
Yes! Thankfully, the garage is about 5 minutes from my house and i know that they are coming back next week
so i guess that i just have to be patient until next week..

A

Anonymous

anferni said:
mrizzle said:
Yes! Thankfully, the garage is about 5 minutes from my house and i know that they are coming back next week
so i guess that i just have to be patient until next week..

What a bl**dy nuisance!! :thumbdown: :( Keep us updated when you get a chance to get it looked at! Hopefully it's fairly easily rectified!!

A

Anonymous

Try this :-
Turn on ignition and then hold lock button for 10 seconds.
Then let go and turn off ignition.
Wait 20 sec.
Try key fob again.

A

Anonymous

paul141 said:
Wait 20 sec.
Try key fob again.

You think this will work?
Im gonna give it a shot first thing in the morning...

A

Anonymous

I asked a Tech, and this was the 1st step the dealer will take, and charge you for. Past this its replace the battery in the fobs, then same again on the recode (thats what the 1st bit is)
then its plug it in to the OBD.

Hatman

Reaction score
Is this "OBD" the Peugeot Rolls Royce edition, hence well not extortionate, but rather expensive for highlighting a fault charged to a customer to rectify their manufacture.

A

Anonymous

Hatman said:
Is this "OBD" the Peugeot Rolls Royce edition, hence well not extortionate, but rather expensive for highlighting a fault charged to a customer to rectify their manufacture.
I think that it is one of those gadgets that Dealers invested in after making their mechanics redundant, Even a schoolboy can use one and the cost to us punters is the loss of any knowledgeable mechanics. :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

I had problems with my central locking.
It was all down to a faulty boot lid switch, the one built into the bumper.
Basicaly it was letting in water and causing everything to go into melt down.
It just messed up with the whole central locking and electrics.
I could be driving along and the boot lid would spring open or if I pressed the fob to unlock the doors then boot would open, even pulling on the internal door handle would pop the boot, the fuel cap would stay locked even though everything else was unlocked, it was even messing with the parking sensors, I was getting a collision warnings when I would be sitting in an empty car park like Billy No Mates :? .
There is a dealer fix, but the whole rear bumper has to be removed to change the boot lid catch.

Its an annoying fault because it is intermittent, as soon as the switch dries out everything is fine.
Apparantly my local dealer has had a number of RCZ's in for the same fault.
I would definitely get your dealer to check out the boot lid switch. :!:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Hatman said:
I think that it is one of those gadgets that Dealers invested in after making their mechanics redundant, Even a schoolboy can use one and the cost to us punters is the loss of any knowledgeable mechanics. :thumbdown:

I have a Tech that would disagree with that, the OBD and laptop are just tools, you need to know what to do with the tools and how to understand what a code or a reading actualy means. Like the AA plug in and clear all the fault codes for you, that does NOT fix the problem.

Opal white

Reaction score
jactac said:
I had problems with my central locking.
It was all down to a faulty boot lid switch, the one built into the bumper.
Basicaly it was letting in water and causing everything to go into melt down.
It just messed up with the whole central locking and electrics.
I could be driving along and the boot lid would spring open or if I pressed the fob to unlock the doors then boot would open, even pulling on the internal door handle would pop the boot, the fuel cap would stay locked even though everything else was unlocked, it was even messing with the parking sensors, I was getting a collision warnings when I would be sitting in an empty car park like Billy No Mates :? .
There is a dealer fix, but the whole rear bumper has to be removed to change the boot lid catch.

Its an annoying fault because it is intermittent, as soon as the switch dries out everything is fine.
Apparantly my local dealer has had a number of RCZ's in for the same fault.
I would definitely get your dealer to check out the boot lid switch. :!:

Oh dear, sounds like I have the same problem . . . . My boot is opening every time I open the doors with my key fob & when the drivers door is opened manually from inside . . . . Sounds like a trip to the dealer soon :(

Thanks for the help in identifying the route cause of the problem :thumbup:

renegade79

Reaction score
paul141 said:
Wait 20 sec.
Try key fob again.

Some more good advice there that I didn't know! Thanks for that Paul.

Opal: hope you get the mystery locking/electrics fixed. It sure does sound similar to jactacs issue! Let us know in any case!!

Opal white

Reaction score
[/quote] Some more good advice there that I didn't know! Thanks for that Paul.

Opal: hope you get the mystery locking/electrics fixed. It sure does sound similar to jactacs issue! Let us know in any case!![/quote]

Yes I can confirm it appears exactly the same fault as 'jactacs', the fault was still apparent this morning & repeatable. I pressed the manual boot release button several times & the fault has now gone away, I am sure it will be back though :(

I somehow think there are a number of issues around the boot lid & water ingress, it is quite common for water to run into the boot from the lid/spoiler, when the lid is opened after a rain shower. The water run off ducts around the boot compartment also drain into quite small orifices, in the same area as the boot manual release button?

I will still get it checked out/replaced when I get chance to book it it at a dealers.

A

Anonymous

How did you get on with your central locking problem :?:

Was it water getting into the boot switch :eusa-think: