What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Carbon Wrap

VASS

Reaction score
I have orderd Carbon wrap for the arches, comes Saturday.

It'll either look awesome, or horrible, I can remove it and return to silver arches, so for £ 50 its worth a try

pics to follow this weekend :)

A

Anonymous

Are you wrapping them yourself? Have a good look at the wrap. You might be able to wrap the foil when wet. In that case just apply water with some washing up liquid on to the arches and the sticky side of the wrap. After the wrap is in place, warm it up with a hair dryer. Not to hot, but hot enough to make the foil slightly flexible. This will also make sure there are no water pockets left behind. Good luck!

A

Anonymous

Mmmmm sounds nice - I'm betting the arches will look great in Carbon

VASS

Reaction score
lots of eBay listings selling the 3M DI-NOC wrap

I just made an equiry to one of them with the dimensions of the arch (2 lengths, 2.4mtr x 16cm)

£ 50 delivered

A

Anonymous

Only a 4 year life when used outside? You'd need to keep replacing it to keep it looking fresh.

A

Anonymous

id probably get bored and replace it before the 4 years anyway :lol:

FGRob

Reaction score
RCZooM said:
Only a 4 year life when used outside? You'd need to keep replacing it to keep it looking fresh.
I think there's more chance of it washing off then fading here in the UK. :lol: :lol:

VASS

Reaction score
well that was a waste of cash

the wrap while superb looking is very easily torn due to the breather channels underneath that allow the air to escape while fitting it.

I used a test peice to check I could remove it at a later date and pulling it off, it split into tiny 4mm diamonds, I had to peel each one off by hand,

Hate to think what I'd have had to go through to take it off the whole arch.

Scrapped that idea. my recommendation, ... dont!

A

Anonymous

the bad part of the carbon wrap is the mat finish..let's compare to the genuine SHINY carbon pieces by Peugeot...way better

lionhart

Reaction score
true lolli.it would be nice if peugeot would do the part at the back were the exhaust is in shiny carbon as well :D

lionhart

Reaction score
today's job.not real carbon but it split's up the all plastic centre console for me :thumbup: