What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Carbon Fibre Roof?

2retro

Reaction score
So I was toying with the idea of having my roof carbon fibre wrapped. I like the idea of the carbon roof that Pug offer (although I've never seen one in person) but that's a rather expensive option. However, the vinyl stuff they use now looks just like real carbon fibre and I can get it professionally done for around £65.

Has anyone gone down this route? If so, how did it turn out?

Should I do it? :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

go for it...a wrap can be removed easily, should you get bored with the look yourself. Post us a pic of the results...

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Haven't seen one myself, but I have some carbon wrap that I have done a few things with and it looks pretty good. Ask to look at the wrap before its done though, cos I heard there is wrap, and there is wrap, if you follow. Make sure it's the good stuff.
Would like to see the pictures if you have it done. I have the brilliant black roof option on mine, so probably wouldn't change that. But interesting to see the results if you go there. :eusa-think:

Reaction score
I have mine done & somewhere on here is mine, I think it went under carbon roof wrap & it shows it just after I had her done. You won't be disappointed.

2retro

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll see if I can find it. :thumbup:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the carbon roof on my Z and with the matching carbon mirror covers looks really well. The genuine carbon fibre has a high gloss finish and as yet I haven't seen a high gloss wrap to get close to it but Hexis do a mat/ satin wrap that is also textured to look like real carbon fibre. I ordered a piece to check it out as I'm thinking of replacing my mat black stripes with it and I am really impressed with the stuff.
A lot cheaper than the £1300 pug want for the real carbon one!

My genuine carbon roof

2retro

Reaction score
Thanks DK, that saved me a job. :)

That does looks really good, mason5465sharon09. How's it looking after a year and a half?

Thanks for posting the pic of your genuine carbon roof neilgsxr69 - that looks great too.

My roof is also brilliant black which looks great so I don't know if I'll be happy with matt carbon fibre. Although I do really like how the textured carbon fibre wrap looks in general... Maybe I should pay more and get the carbon wrap that looks shiny?

Urgh, I'm so indecisive! :crazy:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I used to be indecisive, but I'm not sure if I am now.........

2retro

Reaction score
I used to really like tractors but them I went off them I guess you could say I'm an ex-tractor fan...

renegade79

Reaction score
2retro - i say go for it - you've got nothing to lose :eusa-whistle:

Neil - your car looks the bomb :thumbup:

Reaction score
2retro said:
Thanks DK, that saved me a job. :)

That does looks really good, mason5465sharon09. How's it looking after a year and a half?

Thanks for posting the pic of your genuine carbon roof neilgsxr69 - that looks great too.

My roof is also brilliant black which looks great so I don't know if I'll be happy with matt carbon fibre. Although I do really like how the textured carbon fibre wrap looks in general... Maybe I should pay more and get the carbon wrap that looks shiny?

Urgh, I'm so indecisive! :crazy:

Fantastic no problems just use pledge on it to keep it in good condition, that was recommended by the guy who wrapped it.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
mason5465sharon09 said:
Fantastic no problems just use pledge on it to keep it in good condition, that was recommended by the guy who wrapped it.

RCZ 1 will be turning in her R :lol:

A

Anonymous

I think that wrapping it is a great option and looks superb. The one thing that always bothered me a little about the Pug carbon roof is that I believe that it isn't actually a carbon roof as such but a mould stuck to the original roof. Both options really set the car off though.

2retro

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments everyone. I've been looking into this further and can see that there are 2D, 3D, 4D, 5D & 6D Carbon Fibre vinyl and they go from matt finish to high gloss. I was thinking maybe the 4D one would be best. Think I'm going to go for it anyway. Like the man said - I've got nothing to lose!
:beer:

TAC

Reaction score
Before you go ahead it might be worth Googling carbon fiber vinyl wrap problems :wave:

2retro

Reaction score

Attachments

• arghhh.gif
    arghhh.gif
    35.4 KB · Views: 6,808