What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Car On e-Bay

A

Anonymous

Thanks :thumbup: , it's getting a fair bit of interest and i've had quite a few offers, i think it's priced pretty well ??

A

Anonymous

alymac said:
Thanks :thumbup: , it's getting a fair bit of interest and i've had quite a few offers, i think it's priced pretty well ??

Yup, I think so too. You have obviously used eBay quite a bit looking at your account rating but I'd be very wary of the selling fees on something costing this much money. Your "profit" is going to take quite a hit is it not by the time that they take a cut and then PayPal hit you for handling fees. Have you tried advertising it through Pistonheads and autotrader? I don't know exactly how these work but, as the sale is carried out privately, I think you only pay for advertising. Just a thought but I am sure you have already thought about these things.

A

Anonymous

Ebay will charge you £10 for listing then £35 final fee if over £3400, Paypal will take 5% of your payment, but you only use them for deposit.
Autotrader want £45 for 3 weeks, did you know more cars are now sold on Ebay than through Autotrader, why do think that dealers now advertise on there?

A

Anonymous

mikeyv60 said:
Ebay will charge you £10 for listing then £35 final fee if over £3400, Paypal will take 5% of your payment, but you only use them for deposit.
Autotrader want £45 for 3 weeks, did you know more cars are now sold on Ebay than through Autotrader, why do think that dealers now advertise on there?

That is very interesting!

A

Anonymous

I did try it on Autotrader but had absolutely no response, and it wasn't cheap !

Since listing it on eBay, I'm constantly replying to enquiries , just hoping that one of them turns into a sale :beer:

cheers :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

My friend had exactly the same issue, advertised his Navara on Autotrader for 6 weeks nothing , placed on Ebay and sold within the week.

A

Anonymous

Saw this a month or so ago and would have had it if you weren't so far away from me :eusa-think:

Bought a very similar one (no sports/vision pack but has sat Nav/DVD and solstice alloys) last weekend (from ebay) for £15.5k, so I think jassy is right with his estimate.

Hope all goes well with the sale.

Dan.

A

Anonymous

Forgot to add you only pay the final fee on Ebay if the deal goes through them.
If you do a deal face to face then you have sold your car for a £10-£15.

A

Anonymous

sold it :dance: , i'll direct the new owner to the forums once he comes to collect.

Cheers :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

alymac said:
sold it :dance: , i'll direct the new owner to the forums once he comes to collect.

Good work!! So what's it to be replaced by?!

RCZ1

Reaction score
alymac said:

Great news for you :)

So how does this work on EBay? Did the person with the winning bid, actually view the car before placing their bid or have they just gone by the photos and the info you supplied. I'm just curious as to how the process of selling a car on eBay works. I've never sold anything on eBay only bought things, and not many at that. Do they pay you a deposit and then pay the remainder by a bank transfer for example?

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
alymac said:

Good work!! So what's it to be replaced by?!

Unfortunately nothing as sporty.....yet :eusa-whistle: we bought a Qashqai+2 new back in November as we did need the space for grandkids but hopefully once we get organised we will also get something nice for when its just us :mrgreen:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
alymac said:

So how does this work on EBay? Did the person with the winning bid, actually view the car before placing their bid or have they just gone by the photos and the info you supplied. I'm just curious as to how the process of selling a car on eBay works. I've never sold anything on eBay only bought things, and not many at that. Do they pay you a deposit and then pay the remainder by a bank transfer for example?

The winning bidder was one of three users that i was in almost daily e-mail contact with regarding the car, going over the finer details if you like but they buy on their gut instinct i suppose. I supplied him with all paperwork to do the necessary checks so he can be confident that he is buying a genuine car.

I've sold vehicles on e-bay in the past and it has always went smoothly, i don't doubt there are a few dodgy dealers or whatever on there but in my experience so far it has always been good. The buyer has already paid me a good sized deposit via paypal and the balance will be by bankers draft which we will deposit prior to the car leaving, this way the buyer isn't worried by carrying a large sum of cash to meet someone he doesn't know and i know when we deposit the draft into my bank i'm paid and everyone is happy. :mrgreen:

RCZ1

Reaction score
alymac said:
RCZ1 said:
alymac said:

The winning bidder was one of three users that i was in almost daily e-mail contact with regarding the car, going over the finer details if you like but they buy on their gut instinct i suppose. I supplied him with all paperwork to do the necessary checks so he can be confident that he is buying a genuine car.

I've sold vehicles on e-bay in the past and it has always went smoothly, i don't doubt there are a few dodgy dealers or whatever on there but in my experience so far it has always been good. The buyer has already paid me a good sized deposit via paypal and the balance will be by bankers draft which we will deposit prior to the car leaving, this way the buyer isn't worried by carrying a large sum of cash to meet someone he doesn't know and i know when we deposit the draft into my bank i'm paid and everyone is happy. :mrgreen:

Thanks for that information. Sounds like you have it covered having sold cars previously on eBay. Seems like a secure process :)