What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Build Date - mixed feelings

dpb

Reaction score
Call from Dealers today - got my build date - Aug 22nd ( Sunday ), hopefuly delivery should be mid to end September.
down side - car was originally due 1st week September .

Amber Red GT 156

RCZ1

Reaction score
I know how you feel - I was due to have mine in July. Build date, I was told this morning would be October therefore they have sourced another one which is being built 3rd September so I should have mine by end of September. I think we are all in the same boat really.

A

Anonymous

Yeah, same story for me , when I ordered the car at the end of may I was told delivery early Aug, I was not too bothered because I was going to wait for the 60 plate anyway, got a call from the dealer last week was told the build date was 16 Aug , he called me again this week and told me the build date is now a week later. I am being told the car should be at the dealership between 7-10 Sept albeit the more examples of delay I am seeing on the forum makes me wonder if that will really happen! Getting a little anxious now looks like we are all experiencing the same thing, I dont really understand why the build date cannot be more accurate ? :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

I'm not happy a all my build date was ment to be July the 19th but now it's going to be august the 20th WTF I was hoping to have it for the 1st of September but I don't think that's going go happen now :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

RCZ MATT said:
I'm not happy a all my build date was ment to be July the 19th but now it's going to be august the 20th WTF I was hoping to have it for the 1st of September but I don't think that's going go happen now :thumbdown:
Did they say why a month delay Matt? Ive not got a build dat yet so getting anxious too

A

Anonymous

I have to say, my car arrived at the dealership on the exact day predicted when I ordered it in May. Have you guys asked for an explanation on these repeated delays?

A

Anonymous

deano said:
RCZ MATT said:
Did they say why a month delay Matt? Ive not got a build dat yet so getting anxious too

Hi deano i did ask but the sales guy didnt know he said it was just bad luck :crazy:

A

Anonymous

RCZ MATT said:
deano said:
RCZ MATT said:

Hi deano i did ask but the sales guy didnt know he said it was just bad luck :crazy:

Hi Matt ,

Your sales guy may not be that far wrong !

For example:

I ordered a Pearl White Sport 156 on 17/5/10 . I ordered another Pearl White Sport 156 on 20/5/10. The car from 17/5/10 has been built and is now delivered and with the customer in early July. The same car ordered 3 days later is still not built and showing a build date of 4/9/10. Cant get any logical explanation for that one !!!

Marcus

A

Anonymous

RCZGT200 said:
Hi Matt ,

Your sales guy may not be that far wrong !

For example:

I ordered a Pearl White Sport 156 on 17/5/10 . I ordered another Pearl White Sport 156 on 20/5/10. The car from 17/5/10 has been built and is now delivered and with the customer in early July. The same car ordered 3 days later is still not built and showing a build date of 4/9/10. Cant get any logical explanation for that one !!!
Marcus

May be i can explain that: it´s because of the annual closing of Steyr/Magna in Graz

doc

dpb

Reaction score
I know how you feel Matt, I placed order 5th June and was told confirmed delivery 1st week of September.
If the factory has annual shutdown in August ( and I know a lot of Europe does ! ) then surely this should have been factored in & we wouldnt 'all' be going through the same disappointment now !!!

A

Anonymous

How long is the the annual closing? I'm beginning to think I'm not to see my RCZ until the end of September or mid October :(

A

Anonymous

I am not shure, but I am told it will be closed for 3 weeks!

doc

A

Anonymous

Surely they should have allowed for any factory shutdown times when they've given dates to dealers? They must know when it's going to happen!

dpb

Reaction score
You would have thought they had allowed for shutdown - but its starting to look like they didnt !

A

Anonymous

I ordered mine on 5th June and have still not received a build date yet. Wanted it for 1st Sept but looks very unlikely going off what you guys are saying :(

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know if it is standard practice to be given a build date or just pot luck?

Cheers

RCZ1

Reaction score
You should be given a build date once one has been allocated to you. Not necessarily at the time that you place your order.
You may have to wait a few weeks before you are given one.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
You should be given a build date once one has been allocated to you. Not necessarily at the time that you place your order.
You may have to wait a few weeks before you are given one.
Hi RCZ1, I ordered on 30th June - should I have been given a build date yet do you think? Was orgionally given a delivery date of 30th September. :crazy:

RCZ1

Reaction score
I would have thought you should have a build date by now. I should contact your dealer and ask them to find out for you.

Let us know how you get on.

A

Anonymous

hello all never been giving a build date but then again never sought to ask just got told it wold be here last week in august still on course as of four days ago fingers crossed