What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Black RCZ R Aberdeen

Kerr

Reaction score
Just behind a black R heading into Tesco Danestone. The car has a RCZ registration.

I've seen it before as they stay close to me and I know the people that stay opposite. :D

Johnny7

Reaction score
That was me, RCZ557, unfortunately more WAS than I'd like.
I got written off with a women in an Astra pulling out across Queens Rd at the beginning of this month. Front wheel took most of the impact, car undriveable, they accepted liability, Parts cost alone was £10600, deemed an uneconomic repair.
A SAD END:(
P.S. I do have some genuine front mats and a boot liner if your interested

Kerr

Reaction score
I got written off with a women in an Astra pulling out across Queens Rd at the beginning of this month. Front wheel took most of the impact, car undriveable, they accepted liability, Parts cost alone was £10600, deemed an uneconomic repair.

Sorry to hear that.

The cost of repairs ramp up very quickly. Someone will buy it from the salvage yard and get it back on the road.

What car are you going for next?

I hope the insurance company gave you a good settlement.

Johnny7

Reaction score
I went for Third Party intervention to get it sorted quickly as their insurance offered to handle it plus they provided a Lexus SUV to run about in. My insurers took almost a week to turn up with an Audi A3. First offer was £10500 but I made it pretty clear what my thoughts were on that. I'd already sent them all the current ads for R's on Autotrader. They gave me the usual guff about the market guides they use, I told them they are totally unrealistic at the moment. Anyway they came back with just under £16K after I made it clear I hadn't closed the claim with my own insurers and could easily go back to them to resolve things. So after 22500 miles and 2 1/2 years and loads of epic drives my RCZR is gone. Only thing in all that time was a faulty coil pack and a broken front spring. Front discs were due for replacement at next MOT but it did have recent Michelin Pilot Sport 4's(can recommend). And I got £4K more than I paid for it! (I did get a very good deal when I bought it)
I was going to get another but my girlfriend was keen on a convertible(I can use her 208 when I need to) so I flew down to London last week and came back with a SLK250 (204bhp petrol version) with 33K on the clock.
I have the RCZ plate on retention, RCZ557 if anyone wants to make me an offer.
My RCZR is going to Copart UK Ltd in Bedford, all the documents, service history will be with it and it's back on it's original reg LP63 HSC

Kerr

Reaction score
That's a strong payout. Good to hear they offered a good amount to realistically replace it.

I've had the failed coil pack and the broken springs. I've done the brakes and it looks as if my HPFP is on its last legs.

I've already put the Michelin 4s tyres on too.

I'll keep an eye out for your car. I bet it's not that badly damaged. It'll be back on the road soon.

Johnny7

Reaction score
If my car does get resurrected I have the owners manual/service book and all the receipts/previous MOT's. Copart just want the V5 and the spare key, I won't throw the stuff out just in case. Doesn't look much but like I say, front wheel took most of the impact, bonnet might be repairable.
.IMG_20210903_153058.jpg
"DON'T YOU REAlLISE THERE WERE ONLY 77 OF THESE SOLD IN THE UK! :mad::mad::mad:☹️😢😭

Flanners

Reaction score
That's two black R's written off in Scotland in the last 12 months. Shame, you are right doesn't look that much from the photo. Good to see the Insurance industry keeping up with the values/worth. Losing the car is a bummer but a £4K increase in value/profit is nice! Guess the premiums may well will rise too.......given the rarity of the model and the cost of bespoke parts

Mrrcz

Reaction score
R.I.P

turboguy

Reaction score
The damage doesnt look that bad. At least you earned a decent profit from it..

Mrrcz

Reaction score
don't write it off yet I'm sure someone is probably going fix then re sell.

Mrrcz

Reaction score
I’d put the money towards a GR Yaris 🤔
Never heard of a GR Yaris sounds an old woman's car😂 probably going be difficult to get another R I would invest in a another RCZ. the 2.0 hdi is quite nippy, sluggish in 1st and 2nd but all good 3rd. you can get it chipped to boost power

2retro

Reaction score
£30K for a Toyota Yaris! 🤣🤣🤣

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Well you would be quite surprised how the Hdi pushes you back into the seat for a RCZ that is 80kg heavier than a RCZs... As they say try before you buy...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co