What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Black RCZ R Aberdeen

Flanners

Reaction score
GR Yaris is on my list for the future....well if there is any petrol. Like the RCZ it's a halo model car with bespoke engineering and styling, few round my way; looks 👌

Kerr

Reaction score
Someone with the skills will put that back on the road for not much money.

It's a cheap car or good profit if they sell it.

Flanners

Reaction score
or do what Busso did from GTV City in Scotland broke the whole car for parts, reckon you would make a fair old whack. wheel's went for nearly a £1K the seats for about the same!

Aranxim

Reaction score
I went for Third Party intervention to get it sorted quickly as their insurance offered to handle it plus they provided a Lexus SUV to run about in. My insurers took almost a week to turn up with an Audi A3. First offer was £10500 but I made it pretty clear what my thoughts were on that. I'd already sent them all the current ads for R's on Autotrader. They gave me the usual guff about the market guides they use, I told them they are totally unrealistic at the moment. Anyway they came back with just under £16K after I made it clear I hadn't closed the claim with my own insurers and could easily go back to them to resolve things. So after 22500 miles and 2 1/2 years and loads of epic drives my RCZR is gone. Only thing in all that time was a faulty coil pack and a broken front spring. Front discs were due for replacement at next MOT but it did have recent Michelin Pilot Sport 4's(can recommend). And I got £4K more than I paid for it! (I did get a very good deal when I bought it)
I was going to get another but my girlfriend was keen on a convertible(I can use her 208 when I need to) so I flew down to London last week and came back with a SLK250 (204bhp petrol version) with 33K on the clock.
I have the RCZ plate on retention, RCZ557 if anyone wants to make me an offer.
My RCZR is going to Copart UK Ltd in Bedford, all the documents, service history will be with it and it's back on it's original reg LP63 HSC
Hi mate I won the bid for your rcz pal and now putting it back on the road 👍

Aranxim

Reaction score
If my car does get resurrected I have the owners manual/service book and all the receipts/previous MOT's. Copart just want the V5 and the spare key, I won't throw the stuff out just in case. Doesn't look much but like I say, front wheel took most of the impact, bonnet might be repairable.
.View attachment 11951
"DON'T YOU REAlLISE THERE WERE ONLY 77 OF THESE SOLD IN THE UK! :mad::mad::mad:☹️😢😭
Please can I get in touch with receiving the spare key and service history etc thanks pal

Kerr

Reaction score
Hi mate I won the bid for your rcz pal and now putting it back on the road 👍

Welcome along.

What's the plans for the car? Is it for yourself or to fix and sell?

I think it'd be interesting to see a repair thread. It doesn't look bad at all, but the repair costs were huge.

I've don't understand why the insurance company doesn't take the service history and spare keys. I hope Johnny as email reminders set up and sees your posts.

Aranxim

Reaction score
Welcome along.

What's the plans for the car? Is it for yourself or to fix and sell?

I think it'd be interesting to see a repair thread. It doesn't look bad at all, but the repair costs were huge.

I've don't understand why the insurance company doesn't take the service history and spare keys. I hope Johnny as email reminders set up and sees your posts.
Been in touch with Johnny and will be receiving the service book and keys soon.Going to keep it till next year summer and then put up for sale.Parts have been ordered and will hopefully been on the road by the end of the month.only needed shocker, wishbone, track rod end so far

Kerr

Reaction score
Been in touch with Johnny and will be receiving the service book and keys soon.Going to keep it till next year summer and then put up for sale.Parts have been ordered and will hopefully been on the road by the end of the month.only needed shocker, wishbone, track rod end so far

I didn't think it looked bad. I was surprised by the quote to fix.

I guess you're in the trade and this is your profession?

Aranxim

Reaction score
I didn't think it looked bad. I was surprised by the quote to fix.

I guess you're in the trade and this is your profession?
Yep fairly easy to fix to me but will be going up for sale next year some time

Mrrcz

Reaction score
I went for Third Party intervention to get it sorted quickly as their insurance offered to handle it plus they provided a Lexus SUV to run about in. My insurers took almost a week to turn up with an Audi A3. First offer was £10500 but I made it pretty clear what my thoughts were on that. I'd already sent them all the current ads for R's on Autotrader. They gave me the usual guff about the market guides they use, I told them they are totally unrealistic at the moment. Anyway they came back with just under £16K after I made it clear I hadn't closed the claim with my own insurers and could easily go back to them to resolve things. So after 22500 miles and 2 1/2 years and loads of epic drives my RCZR is gone. Only thing in all that time was a faulty coil pack and a broken front spring. Front discs were due for replacement at next MOT but it did have recent Michelin Pilot Sport 4's(can recommend). And I got £4K more than I paid for it! (I did get a very good deal when I bought it)
I was going to get another but my girlfriend was keen on a convertible(I can use her 208 when I need to) so I flew down to London last week and came back with a SLK250 (204bhp petrol version) with 33K on the clock.
I have the RCZ plate on retention, RCZ557 if anyone wants to make me an offer.
My RCZR is going to Copart UK Ltd in Bedford, all the documents, service history will be with it and it's back on it's original reg LP63 HSC
There's two guys on utube that buy, repair and sell on so I'm sure your car could end up being repaired and you can watch your baby being put back together. I can't remember there names if I remember I will add in this thread

Aranxim

Reaction score
There's two guys on utube that buy, repair and sell on so I'm sure your car could end up being repaired and you can watch your baby being put back together. I can't remember there names if I remember I will add in this thread
I was the one who bought and fixed it see pic above

Mrrcz

Reaction score
Nice looks stunning. big fan of red brake calipers if car is black. I tried to find an RCZ R but there ultra rare. diesel is good if u cover a lot of miles but they don't sound good. currently looking for 19 inch alloys for mine.