What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Be careful insuring a car with Feline Pack (when under 25)

A

Anonymous

Re: Be careful insuring a car with Feline Pack (when under 2

These insurance companies are misleading you. I work in insurance underwriting, and as far as I'm concerned, if your car leaves the factory with these parts fitted, it is factory fitted. The only except is if it is a performance enhancement not covered by the model name i.e.: Subaru Pro Drive packs. If you read the policy wording you are not bound to disclose factory extras.

If you're under 25 and trying to insure an RCZ, you'd be naive to use gocompare, confused.com etc. Try the broking route, namely looking at companies like Highway (part of LV) and Markerstudy.

My current car has go faster decals, up-rated sound system and factory-stiffened suspension but I am not bound to disclose this at policy inception, as the car left the factory in this form.

I'd like to think I'm qualified to know - my job is to repudiate (not pay out) claims where the policyholder has not been entirely truthful.