What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Badge Removal

travelswithanrcz

Reaction score
Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread a bit, but is there a definitive guide or video anywhere for removing the front badge on a MK1 (just the badge, not the chrome or the black bit).

I'd quite like to replace mine with the new Peugeot badge.

Kash2001

Reaction score
Hi everyone we just got the car back from the body shop, had to drive down a dusty lane but I've taken photos below of badge and other bits. I'll add some of the photos on other threads as to interior sat nav etc.

It looks better in the flesh but we can't wash the badge area for a week as it's still hardening 🤞

Not that I'm great on bodywork terminology if you have any questions in all ears 😂

Attachments

• IMG_20230301_171831.jpg
    IMG_20230301_171831.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20230301_171854.jpg
    IMG_20230301_171854.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20230301_171841.jpg
    IMG_20230301_171841.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20230301_172716.jpg
    IMG_20230301_172716.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 19

travelswithanrcz

Reaction score
That looks great. Do you know how easy it was to remove the old Peugeot badge at the front? I pretty much want to do exactly this with mine, except I'll be keeping the silver chrome.

Do you know how the new badge was fixed in? Is it glued?

Cheers

Kash2001

Reaction score
Hi the badge was easy to fix as I understand as it's just glued like the back rcz badges, the link to the badge is as follows...

It's made of metal and fits over the lion plug holes holding the original badge, so works well 😁

Yes we were between painting the u shape as it cant easily be removed, filming it was another option, but the guy had the paint sprayer out and said no problem. If it marks badly we'll get it screen filmed as we have a relative who is great at detailing.

Hope it helps 👍

travelswithanrcz

Reaction score
Hi the badge was easy to fix as I understand as it's just glued like the back rcz badges, the link to the badge is as follows...

It's made of metal and fits over the lion plug holes holding the original badge, so works well 😁

Yes we were between painting the u shape as it cant easily be removed, filming it was another option, but the guy had the paint sprayer out and said no problem. If it marks badly we'll get it screen filmed as we have a relative who is great at detailing.

Hope it helps 👍
Dude, super thanks for that answer as I didn't want to go removing the front badge and then finding that I'd actually just f**ked the front completely 😆

Kash2001

Reaction score
No, you should be good 🤔 if its just the lion being removed, it's clipped in and I think they got to it partly from the underside to pop it out I believe most use a heat gun on low setting or hairdryer 😏

But the badge is quite durable, but only time will tell as to stone chips etc.

Just make sure its dead central 🙄 as it could look a little odd if off slightly. Good luck with it 🤞

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
The best way to get the badge off is with a piece of fishing line or fine thread and work back and forth around the badge to cut the adhesive tape.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone we just got the car back from the body shop, had to drive down a dusty lane but I've taken photos below of badge and other bits. I'll add some of the photos on other threads as to interior sat nav etc.

It looks better in the flesh but we can't wash the badge area for a week as it's still hardening 🤞

Not that I'm great on bodywork terminology if you have any questions in all ears 😂
That nose looks mikes better 👌🏻