What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Badge Removal

A

Anonymous

Hello Folks,
need to remove front badge from my rcz.
please can anyone advise the right way to do it ??
many thanks in advance.
:)

A

Anonymous

it's being replaced with a piece of black perspex and a smaller badge. as it is, it's a bit too big for my liking. hence my request for help on how to remove it the right way.
cheers folks. anyone ?
:D

A

Anonymous

The rear RCZ Badge ? sacrilegious :crazy: :evil: :( :eusa-think:
But if thats what you want, i would slowly warm it with a hair dryer, as its only "stuck" on with a double sided foam tape.

A

Anonymous

no, not the rear badge.
it's the front badge on the bonnet that i wish to remove and replace.
anyone ? please.

A

Anonymous

Hi
My car is debadged all round even the centre caps are painted the same as the wheel colour but the front one will be hard.

My Dealers paint shop had a go but was not happy with look or finish. I had the whole badge and surround painted the same colour as the car and I am really pleased with the out come.

Look under Newbies HELLO by race0360 and you will see pictures of my Black RCZ 200GT debadged.

As to removing it I would ring your local dealers bodyshop.

A

Anonymous

race0360 yep seen it and i love it-dont know if i could do it to my though. i think you should try something with the front badge then its fully sorted

A

Anonymous

I might wait abit longer and a few more stone chips and have the whole badge area smoothed over flush

A

Anonymous

Perhaps Peugeot were worried the badge might be stolen by collectors :D :D

A

Anonymous

All good just bought my RCZ asked them to debadge it and with no cost at all they are doing it
Wilsons of Epsom certainly look after you

DRTDVL

Reaction score
Black out the chrome stripe under the logo in front it makes a Massive difference, I've plasti-dipped ours and did a temp black electrical tape job on the 2 bottom chrome strips.

Seriously improves the front.

Kash2001

Reaction score
Hi all I am looking to remove the bonnet lion badge and replace with a less shiny badge 👍

But its in the body shop and they've said the badge is impressed into the bodywork, therefore if removed and impression of the lion would remain, as the new badge is a slightly different size it'll show the impression of the legs still 🤔

I knew it has plugs to hold it but not impressed as well, mines a 2.0 HDi, has anyone else heard of this as I don't think it's been mentioned before.

Atb

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
If its a mk1 then yes there is holes in the bonnet if it's a MK2 then the badge is just stuck on front and rear

Kash2001

Reaction score
Many thanks for your reply and help, certainly I was expecting holes but not for the chassis to be indented with the lion shape, as that's what the body shop seem to be inferring 🤔 ie if the badge is removed the shape remains on the bonnet area.

I had thought it was just stuck / bolted on to a smooth surface.

Hopefully it'll make sense tomorrow but from what they were saying its indented with the logo shape 🙄

Many thanks

Kash2001

Reaction score
IMG_20230223_115213.jpg
So I popped into the bodyshop to take a Pic, I've seen other rcz with this bonnet type obviously, but can the silver U be removed without holes in the back, if so could the backing be painted with the same paint as the bonnet itself and shown a smooth line between bonnet and logo area.

If not how do others get the smooth dip U shape, just with a logo in the center? Is it a different bonnet type, as at present the bodyshop are going to paint the silver U and backplate like the bonnet black and stick our badge in place of the lion badge.

Any thoughts on the way to get a smooth bonnet shape for the black paintwork would be appreciated.

Atb