What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Back and forth to the North Cape 2019

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Back and forth to the North Cape

Plecodoras said:
DanRo said:
It's also quiet a trip and the three day through the alps in Austria, Italy and Switzerland. So you can add Italy to your list so with Luxemburg that would be 14 countries :thumbup:

Doh !! I forgot Italy.

To be honest didn't know if we were dipping our tyres in Italy.

Should of know really cos the last time I was in Switzerland I did the Gothard Tunnel which is 19km long ( think it's the third longest in the world ), anyway that goes from Switzerland into Italy, I proceeded to go round the Italian riviera, then back into France to Chamonix.

That trip was in August in this beauty ....

I loved that car..... and yes Neil if you read this - that is a different one to the last ORANGE 307cc I posted - I have had five !!! Just cant get them out of my system...

Another Orange Peugeot! Now I wonder what an orange RCZ R would look like? :eusa-think:

Plecodoras

Reaction score

frankvdb said:
Actually, the Gotthardtunnel is located pretty centrally in Switzerland and 17 km long.
The San Bernardinotunnel (in the west) ends close to the border with Italy but I recommend to avoid it because you have to pay toll and the pass is very nice to drive (if you're not help by a slower vehicle).

Hi Frank !

Yes but it does go into Italy doesn't it?
I thought it was 19km, eh whats 2km between friends ha ha.

Being a British Northerner I bow down to your European knowledge, when I drive in Europe I seldom know where I am going I just go !! All roads get to where I'm going, it's just some are quicker and shorter !!

As for tolls and trolls I avoid them like the plague.

Cheers - you going European meet next May Frank? See you there !

:beer:

Plecodoras

Reaction score

neilgsxr69 said:
Another Orange Peugeot! Now I wonder what an orange RCZ R would look like? :eusa-think:

Hmm Neil Now thats's the million dollar question.

Anyone out there do a photoshop of my Salamanca Orange 307cc to a RCZ R... Pretty please ???

I just wanta see honest.... Abzynthe ??

frankvdb

Reaction score

Plecodoras said:
frankvdb said:
Actually, the Gotthardtunnel is located pretty centrally in Switzerland and 17 km long.
The San Bernardinotunnel (in the west) ends close to the border with Italy but I recommend to avoid it because you have to pay toll and the pass is very nice to drive (if you're not help by a slower vehicle).

Hi Frank !

Yes but it does go into Italy doesn't it?
I thought it was 19km, eh whats 2km between friends ha ha.

Being a British Northerner I bow down to your European knowledge, when I drive in Europe I seldom know where I am going I just go !! All roads get to where I'm going, it's just some are quicker and shorter !!

As for tolls and trolls I avoid them like the plague.

Cheers - you going European meet next May Frank? See you there !

No plans yet. I've been in Italy with the RCZ several times but the last time was in 2011 for vacation in San Remo and the Freddie Mercury days in Montreux which was a memorable vacation. This is when I took the San Bernardinopass on the way south and tunnel on the way back. For Switzerland you have to pay toll for the motorways but you can already buy the vignet at gas stations in Germany just before the border at the A5, so no need to stop at a toll gate. Also Switzerland is the most beautiful country to drive through so well worth it.
I hope to be at the Zeeland meeting again next year, and hopefully my girlfriend will be able to join me then.