What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Australian RCZ's

French Letter

Reaction score
Australian RCZ’s... Aussie, Aussie, Aussie . . . oi, oi, oi.

Peugeot exported only three versions of the RCZ to Australia. (not counting the RCZ-R, of which a few were sold.)

RCZ GT 150THP Auto
RCZ GT Diesel Auto - which didn't sell. Aussies have always been petrol heads. Diesel sales have dramatically declined.
RCZ GT 200THP Manual

All of the RCZ's went for the same price.

They were all optioned to the hilt.
JBL speakers, latest sat-nav, black callipers, bi-xenon's, et. al. Heated seats, leather everywhere, dash, doors. etc. Not as if we need heated seats where I live.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Coast,_Queensland

The only option was paint colour.

I think that Pug sold about 700 RCZ's in Oz. There are only two THP200 Mk II RCZ's for sale at the moment on the Oz internet, one being a RCZ-R. And in the runout year, 2016, Lamborghini sold more cars.

Cheers.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
So looks like you’ve got yourself a real rare car there in oz, hopefully you will still be able to get some good dealer backup when and if you need it :thumbup:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Don't quite get the last bit, only RCZ besides auto is thp 200, and there are two for sale, one being RCZ-R ?
But RCZ-R is not thp200 as all know it's thp270 ?

Anyway nuff stats, the main thing is that you've got yersen a really smart car.

Like Neil says hope you can find a decent pug garage, or maybe start learning yourself pug mechanics!!

Wish I was driving mine on Oz roads, or Yankee roads, show them a nice motor.
Strange that they were sold in Mexico but not USA, I know Peugeot fell out with the yanks, but just saying lol.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

French Letter

Reaction score
Thanks. I stand corrected.

So, only one THP200 Mk II for sale in Oz at the moment. And only one RCZ-R.

I know the Prince engine quite well, having owned and will keep, my 207cc Sport THP150. GTi running gear. And Peugeot did a great job on the new roof, after the 206, and the chassis bracing underneath is solid as.

And I do have a private Pug mechanic that has done great work on the THP150, like cam chain replacement, turbo replacement, various sensor replacements, folding roof problem fixed, ABSCPU pump replacement, (now that's a story to get that part). Pug Oz wanted $4,200 for a new one.

See story:

RE: 207CC Sport ABS Pump & CPU. (note: same as 207 GTi)

Yes and the whole unit spat the dummy. Peugeot Oz wanted $4,200.00 for a new one!

I bought a reconditioned unit from eBay UK. ($950.00) It arrived and I had it fitted to find out it was also faulty. :cry:
So I looked for anyone in Oz to do a rebuild and there is no one who wanted to touch it. However, there was a company in the UK that did recons. So I sent it back to the UK, and they advised me that it was totally stuffed.

Meanwhile I had kept the original seller informed as to what I was doing. He told me to get the recon guys to bin it and he would get me a 'brand new' one from a mate of his. I had been chatting to this seller and he warmed to me and said he didn't want to refund, he would get me a new one for the same amount. I said I'd pay for the freight.

Three days later he got back to me and said he had secured a brand new unit - from a mate of his in Eastern Europe - Ukraine. Off the back of a truck? I didn't ask any questions.

He had to repackage it to make out it was used so I did not incur a tax hit.

Unit arrived, and was fitted. Worked. When I picked up the French Tart, both the Service Manager and mechanic came out to ask me where I got the ABS unit from. They told me that it was brand new but was not sourced from Oz, due to its serial number. I told them the story (loosely) and they wanted to know where they could get a few cheap ones for other clients. They said there are too many 207's driving around with the ABS light on, and owners won't fork out the four grand to fix.

All is well.

Yet another story in the wild international chase for Pug parts. Took about three months all up, but I saved $3,000.00

Attachments

• IMG_0330 copy.jpg
    IMG_0330 copy.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 7,274

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Well my Ozzie mate it looks like you have had quite a lot of fun with the Pugs !

And also share a couple of my own traits....

You certainly do have the weather to enjoy topless driving, something I share with you.

I have had 5 - 307cc 's all diesels though, and have stripped the insides out and swapped them over to give me the one car I liked, but stupidly I traded it in literally weeks after finishing transforming the interior to cream leather. Not content with my stupidity, this time when I swapped interiors out, I went as far as the carpet, only because mine had a slight tare from a stiletto, so you can see - everything had to come out..... and yes you guessed it - I did all that and then sold it for an electric car ( a new leaf ).

Well my insanity has just been restored as you may have seen from one of my posts, that I've just bought another cc this time what the RCZ was derived from.... the 308 cc in Roland Garros special Edition 163bhp weazel engine same as RCZ hdi.

So, in my stable I have the RCZ R my absolute favourite and my newly acquired 308 cc for my work car and summer cruising fun !

A couple of shots whilst enjoying the Italian Alps...

Cheers M.. :beer:

French Letter

Reaction score
You live in the North Yorks? Driven through there whilst visiting Whitby and York. Beautiful countryside. I had fish&chips in Whitby. (when in Rome . . .). I adored the heather moors.

"The road was a ribbon of moonlight, over the purple moor" - Alfred Noyes.

bty - my Dad was born in Glasgow. I was born in Oz and now live here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beechmont,_Queensland

Now, more Aussie updates:

RCZ wins its class, 1st and 2nd at the great Australian race track - Bathurst at Mount Panorama.

http://www.peugeot-parramatta.com.au/ja ... t-12-hour/

I like the Aussie flag on the bonnet.

GREAT FOR PUG OZ.

French Letter

Reaction score
Seeing this is an Aussie thread, I hope ya' all like this. I also am a NISSAN fan, owning a rare Nissan Pulsar (Sunny in the UK) N14 SSS SR20DE engine, and Australian made. Had it since brand new in 1992. 140,000 kilometres thus far in 27 years!

SO:

I actually watched this race live on Channel 7 in 1989… I’ve always remembered five things about watching this race (and the 6-pack I drank during it also)…

1. That beautiful looking NISSAN Skyline HR31 GTS-R, with the magic Nissan RB20DET-R in-line 6 cylinder, wining the race. Those flames shooting out the left hand side. I have a pic of me standing next to it in Perth, Western Australia (Wanneroo Park/Barbagallo Raceway) 1989.

2. The last minute of the race, with Mike Raymond calling out, “George, Hang on to her!"

3. Peter Brock's (all time winner at Bathurst) amazing recovery from a corner 360 degree spin.

4. A Holden VL Commodore SS Group A SV (Walkinshaw), leading a round of the ATCC. (Australian Touring Car Championship)

5. The miserable cold winter’s day at Winton, Victoria.

Bonus with Alan Moffat doing commentary.

Nissan's tour de force, three car assault…

Loved it and have always wanted to see it again somehow.

Cheers…

enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuk0Wz3Zg_E
and, watch at least the first eight minutes...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3rOoTwgRYs

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Those race RCZ’s do look ace! Food for thought for those looking to mimic the rece car look :eusa-think:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Great win for Peugeot and yeah two really nice looking Z's.
I've had my eye on the rally wrap and would love to mimic the look on my white car.
But since it's all wrapped up at the moment, I've got plenty of time to find my next wrapping project.
There's quite a few different rally designs and all of them are sick.
But my pug is sat outside and covered in ash and bird sh*t so it is in dire need of some TLC.

French Letter

Reaction score
Yeah, I had to pause for while to look at those two RCZ's parked in pit lane. Love the livery and the Aussie flag. :clap:

However, I'm pleased with my Opal White (plain) livery. :wave:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
The thing is, when you start with white, you have a blank canvas, and most designs have a white base colour.
For me with a white car, it needs a focal point, ie stripes or decals, just to give it the wow factor !

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
The thing is, when you start with white, you have a blank canvas, and most designs have a white base colour.
For me with a white car, it needs a focal point, ie stripes or decals, just to give it the wow factor !

Hmmmmm!
Don't make LGN cross. :eusa-shhh:

Attachments

• LGNcross.jpg
    LGNcross.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 6,708

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Isn't LGN Black ?

I am talking only about the white Z.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I hate people that cast nasturtiums, lovely flowers them :crazy:

DoubleChevron

Reaction score
I'm in australia, my wife spotted an RCZ in a local carpark and liked it so much she went and asked the owner "what is is"... and came home and said "I want a puegeot rcz". I'd never really heard of them before either. I looked them up and there was actually a couple for sale locally.... one of which was a very rare in australia 6spd manual deisel. Which immediately caught my eye. She also has a 407 HDi 6spd manual that has done over 200,000kms over the last decade .... and just keeps going. it gets rarely serviced and has been pretty much faultlessly reliable.

the diesel rcz goes remarkably well for an "economy car that pretends to be a sports car". I really like the way it drives. It never seems to want for power, regardless of the gear your in it effortlessly accelerates ( 340Nm pushing it along).

Oh, all my other cars are proper cars ... I have an old range rover classic, and old Citroens ... real ones. Old Citroens DS's and CX's ( a rare in australia Citroen CX2500 GTi Turbo). So something like an rcz doesn't really worry me at all after decades of working on and driving proper cars like hydraulic citroens :).

seeya
Shane L.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum, great find looks like that RCZ found you 😀 sounds like a marriage made in heaven 👍
Post us some photos so we can all enjoy your gorgeous car 👍