What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Audio display not working ??

A

Anonymous

Hi all

Real head scratcher today. Got into Amber this morning and the audio display was in darkness despite the radio being on. I checked through the handbook which referred to the 'dark' button as a possible cause. I pressed this several times and nothings happening despite the radio continuing to work (still in darkness) ?

Anyone out there got any clues ??

Richard

p.s it was fine yesterday :?

RCZ1

Reaction score
In the Personalisation Configuration menu, are you using the both the brightness buttons + / - ?

Sounds like you've probably caught something by mistake.

A

Anonymous

Not sure that's the answer RCZ1, as I wonder how he can see to get to the config screen to adjust those controls if his screen is black.
Though I applaud your suggestion.

A

Anonymous

It's a real puzzler ain't it. If the fuse had gone then the radio wouldn't work would it. I washed and waxed the car yesterday but ran out of time to clean the inside so not sure if I,ve touched something by mistake

A

Anonymous

Here's something you can try ......if you do a long press of the volume button it will reinitialise the system.

A

Anonymous

gadgetpuk said:
Here's something you can try ......if you do a long press of the volume button it will reinitialise the system.
Not heard of that one before :clap: :clap:

RCZ1

Reaction score
gadgetpuk said:
Not sure that's the answer RCZ1, as I wonder how he can see to get to the config screen to adjust those controls if his screen is black.
Though I applaud your suggestion.

Good point, Gadget :)

Ok, removing the simple things first, have you tried doing this? (left hand side of the instructions)

A

Anonymous

Yeah I've already thought of that but it's not the speedo and rev counter illumination that's the problem . It's the audio display above the radio/cd player that's not working

A

Anonymous

Tried a long press of the off/on button and still no joy ?

A

Anonymous

using a small torch, in the dark, shine it from one side, you should be able to see the active LEDs (whilst not lit they are active) then you may be able to navigate to the setting to turn them up in brightness.

A

Anonymous

reddizat24 said:
Peter said volume button, not on/off button, so I'm assuming by that he meant the volume control on the steering wheel stalk.

A

Anonymous

Tried looking for any active LED's with mobile phone torch (Paul141) but nothing visible and also did a long press of the volume button (Gadgetpuk) without any luck.
Thanks for all your suggestions !

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
reddizat24 said:
Peter said volume button, not on/off button, so I'm assuming by that he meant the volume control on the steering wheel stalk.

No Ron it's the on off button you should hold down I got the info from the manual.

A

Anonymous

I'm guessing the LCD backlight has gone I'm afraid it may be a trip to the dealers.

A

Anonymous

I've rang dealers in Sheffield who suggested pressing in button on end of wiper stalk for several seconds. Failing that I've got to take Amber to them.
So I've just nipped to car park at work and pressed the aforementioned button and still no joy :cry:

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

A

Anonymous

So I've taken Amber to dealers cos she's caught a cold in her audio display so check out the courtesy car they've given me

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362677157467.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362677157467.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 2,641
A

Anonymous

reddizat24 said:
So I've taken Amber to dealers cos she's caught a cold in her audio display so check out the courtesy car they've given me

You serious rich!? They gave you a chrome z? Its not to everyone's taste but I kind of like it :shock:

A

Anonymous

Chuzzbutt said:
reddizat24 said:

You serious rich!? They gave you a chrome z? Its not to everyone's taste but I kind of like it :shock:
I don't :thumbdown: Yuk

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Chuzzbutt said:
reddizat24 said:

I don't :thumbdown: Yuk
How do I put this politely Ron........your just old :lol:

As I say it is very much person dependant if they like it or not so I don't blame you for not liking it :wink:

A

Anonymous

Taste aside (but personally I do like it!) that's a pretty special car to be given as a courtesy car! Anyone who's had 207's or what have you will probably feel hard done by!

Sent from my hot tub using Tapatalk 2