What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Audi r8 body kit for rcz

A

Anonymous

Doen anyone know how to find a r8 body kit for RCZ?

Attachments

• 5534483.jpg
    5534483.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 6,841
A

Anonymous

The laughable thing looking closely as the picture is that it appears that the rims are burning the rubber INSIDE the tyres (look at where the smoke is coming from on the front wheel). The door line at the back is also going through the air intake.

It does look ghastly

A

Anonymous

There's a TT over here done up 2 look like a R8 and it looks bad enough but this just looks ridiculous and u can here the bitter folks on the TT forums saying see they wanna make there RCZ's even more like an Audi

A

Anonymous

heavens NO!!!!!! I've been a peugeot convert bcoz of the RCZ and all it stands for.. German designed heart,reliabilty of Japanese(gearbox) and above all, FRENCH chic!! do not even think of cosmetic surgery to make it look like chancellor merckel!! Oopsss...:)

A

Anonymous

There's a white A5 coupe with the R8 body kit on it up my way in hamilton its also a got rear arch black band going from the sill up to the and over the rear arch it rediculous looking and expensive as well as both bumpers need replaced :wtf: :wtf:

And there is a certain member on this site who's wife owns a asphalt who could shed more light on this ghastly body kit :wave:

A

Anonymous

I think cars with bodykits made to look like another premium marque is just downright wrong... Aston martin kits, r8 kits etc.. C'mon guys U buy a car for it's look.. Please don't be a Wannabe,might as well go get those Kit car which almost 100% like the real McCoy ('cept for the engine of course) There are of course Kits that enhances the look,keyword 'Enhanced', not copy.. :)

A

Anonymous

I envy you guys in Europe...over here in Singapore i paid like 50,000GBP yes u heard it right 50kGBP for the 156 auto, but strangely enuf, the 200hp is just another 2.5K more, and yes Maybe I should put That R8 kit on *LOL*

A

Anonymous

@snowleopard: Another Singaporean ! Yeah the amount we pay for a piece of stupid paper is insane. Any mods yet ?

A

Anonymous

no mechanical mods.. don't wanna void the warranty, prolly the only pearl white w/19" onyx solstice and custom RCZ stripes at the side,smoked tinted film on the chrome pillars(to protect it more than anything else as they cost 7K to replace if scratched) I like the boy-racer look though.. :) well, some might beg to differ hehe

A

Anonymous

Hahahaha that's the worst looking photoshop hodge I've seen this year

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
There's a white A5 coupe with the R8 body kit on it up my way in hamilton its also a got rear arch black band going from the sill up to the and over the rear arch it rediculous looking and expensive as well as both bumpers need replaced :wtf: :wtf:

And there is a certain member on this site who's wife owns a asphalt who could shed more light on this ghastly body kit :wave:

lol only just seen this. The R8 kit for the A5 has been out for a couple of years, parts of the kit, ie the front and rear grills sort of look OK but adding the R8 blades on the side is wrong in many ways. Those blades were added to the R8 as a visual cue because the distance between the door and rear wheel arch is relatively long, the idea of the blade is that it helps to break up this length, well that's the theory anyway. Quite why you would want to put a full R8 kit on an A5 is beyond me, it sort of makes sense and looks OK'ish on the TT as they are at least similar cars in shape.

Now then, I have seen some chav'd up cars in my time but to even suggest putting an R8 kit on an RCZ is sacrilege in my book, the RCZ simply doesn't need it. OK adding the Feline pack adds a certain vavavoom to the car but that is really the only mods that I would make to the car. You can just hear the comments now, oh look someone who can't afford an R8 and has tarted up their RCZ instead!. In my mind the body panels on the RCZ flow perfectly and to add something like an R8 kit, if it were available in the first place, would be a complete waste of money and I honestly think the car would be unsaleable after being modified in this way. Jese someone will be suggesting creating a stretched RCZ limo next :wtf: , oh and a UK limo builder announced this week that they would be building a new limo based on the V10 R8, crazy idea but it sort of works from a limo point of view,CLICK HERE to see it. As for the RCZ, any additional bodywork is going to look 'tacked on' so to speak and as for that photo chopped image, I have seen some poor photo chops in my time but that takes the biscuit. Having said that as a way of getting the discussion going it certainly helped out, so thanks for posting !