What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Arches Discoloured

RCZ1

Reaction score
I don't know anything about a recall, I'm afraid.

What have you used on your arches out of interest? Sounds like it could be some kind of overspray ( the White spots)?
Polish or splatter that's not been removed properly perhaps?

I'm not saying it is just some thoughts. Can you post some pics of the roof arches so we can see what it looks like?

A

Anonymous

I not used any polish on car just general wash. They Did put glas coat on it when I picked up I wonder if this has anything to do with it. I will take pics tommrow how do I upload them? I'm new to all this

RCZ1

Reaction score
I'm not sure what glas coat is to be honest. Done a quick google and it looks like a paint protection type of product as far as I can see.

Do you live in a hard water area? Just wondering if water is not dried properly or its drying on the car then that might make your roof arches smearing and cloudy looking. White spots might be shampoo residue maybe?

These links should help you in how to upload pictures.
first-day-pics-t1154.html

A

Anonymous

could bee the so called glass coat thats breaking down-i would let the dealer sort it or remove the coating.the original finish appears to bee quite stable.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I am having the same issue with the arches - they looked initially like frost patches when its really cold in the morning - but as it was indeed cold at the time I let it go and ignored it - now its very warm and has been cleaned numerours times, its still there - so am adding this to the list of things for the dealer to look at (Its currently in for fault finding as the diesel particle filter won't regenerate itself).

The car was supaguarded before I took delivery and I get it cleaned at a hand car wash (Not lazy, I just have no way of doing it myself and it always gleams once they've done it).

Has anyone managed to get theirs sorted out?

Thanks

(RCZ Sport - Shark Grey approx 10months old, done 13,000 miles!)

A

Anonymous

Just washed mine ready for the big day tomorrow. Arches have a watery discolour to them. Only had my car a week but it is ex demo six months old. She beautiful. but stays outside all the time. this is a hardwater area. tried a few thing to remove the marks without any luck. Until I tried KIWI neutral shoe polish. Not sure if I've done the right thing but it seems to have worked on mine. :mrgreen: She's now gleaming and ready to go :dance: Thanks to Peugeot for the meet and making a car to be proud of :clap: See you all tomorrow, safe journey :wave:

A

Anonymous

Not discoloured but:

Just coming up to 11,000 miles ........ noticed today that there is a small "stone chip" in the drivers side roof arch about the size of match-head. Its gone through the "chrome" finish, can see the black underneath. I was tempted to scratch with my fingernail to see if more chrome will come off but I've popped a spot of primer over till I see the dealer next week.