What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Arches Discoloured

VASS

Reaction score
Anyone else finding their silver arches are discolouring?

almost a watery look to them?

no amount of polishing will bring them back

( 12,000 miles)

Warranty issue perhaps?

FGRob

Reaction score
Hi Vass.

Did you put anything on them when you first had the car, I've never put a wax on just cleaned them with soap & water and so far they look good.

It's done 8000 miles and stands outside - no cover

Rob.

A

Anonymous

FGRob said:
Hi Vass.

Did you put anything on them when you first had the car, I've never put a wax on just cleaned them with soap & water and so far they look good.

It's done 8000 miles and stands outside - no cover

Rob.

What Rob said. Water and light soap should do the trick. That is what the dealer told me when I asked about the light arches on the limited edition.

RCZ1

Reaction score
VASS said:
Anyone else finding their silver arches are discolouring?

almost a watery look to them?

no amount of polishing will bring them back

( 12,000 miles)

Warranty issue perhaps?

Do you have any pics so that we can see what you mean?

A

Anonymous

water marks can be removed easily and there are product you can buy to protect such items

VASS

Reaction score
usually water and soap, maybe some windolean while I'm doing the windows
I live on the coast but can't see the salt doing this really

Will take some photos at the weekend

Ta for help folks

FGRob

Reaction score
VASS said:
usually water and soap, maybe some windolean while I'm doing the windows
I live on the coast but can't see the salt doing this really

Will take some photos at the weekend

Ta for help folks
I was going to ask if you live near the coast. It could be salt.

A

Anonymous

windowlean will cause discolouring..normally it has a slight vinegar content (anti smearing)

A

Anonymous

Yes mine ave pitted and Crome as come of on 1 corner . I'm in talks about this with Peugeot . The prob with these arches are they was never coppered before they got zinc plated then chrome . It is a easy prob 2 rectify . And peugeot should sort this out .

A

Anonymous

Don't stand down 2 Peugeot on this problem as the arches was not done proper in the 1st place . The company that did them I was told as gone bump . That says it all . I no all about chrome as I did this for a job for many years . And I will not stand down with this until it as been sorted

FGRob

Reaction score
Parki said:
Don't stand down 2 Peugeot on this problem as the arches was not done proper in the 1st place . The company that did them I was told as gone bump . That says it all . I no all about chrome as I did this for a job for many years . And I will not stand down with this until it as been sorted
This was the very early cars - what age is your car, also have Peugeot confirmed they are chromed, I seem to remember seeing something about the arches being painted.

A

Anonymous

My arches have done the same thing little pitt marks and look clowdy in certain places. Apparently Peugeot are aware there is a problem and a recall will be happening soon

A

Anonymous

as i understand the arches are adonized aluminium,which should weather well. not had any probs yet, it lives outdoors near sea. i polish them with rest of bodywork.

A

Anonymous

had my RCZ 3 weeks and the arches look terrible. smeared and stained with white dots all over them. very disapointed nothing gets it out. Is this true about the recall?? they will have give me curtosy car.

A

Anonymous

chloebo said:
had my RCZ 3 weeks and the arches look terrible. smeared and stained with white dots all over them/quote]

That's really bad news :thumbdown:
You must have a problem, I've had mine for 11 months now and they still look like new.

bradshaw said:
i just use ord car polish on the arches, no problems.
Yep, exactly the same and no problems either :thumbup:

KAYELOSOVIC said:
Apparently Peugeot are aware there is a problem and a recall will be happening soon
Mmmm, would they do a recall for everyone ??
Don't want to end up changing my good Arches for new Arches that may then go pants within 3 weeks :shock: :thumbdown:
I would have thought they would just react to those that had an issue rather than blanket coverage everyone :eusa-think:

RCZ1

Reaction score
chloebo said:
had my RCZ 3 weeks and the arches look terrible. smeared and stained with white dots all over them. very disapointed nothing gets it out. Is this true about the recall?? they will have give me curtosy car.

Is yours a brand new car Chloe? Did the arches look like the same when you bought it?

A

Anonymous

yer brand new 3 weeks old. looked fine when picked up they slowly got worse and worse...:( going take it back to garage sat and the passgenger side wing mirror isnt clipped together properly not a good start.. so do u know about this recall