What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Anyone's wing-mirror folding button failed?

A

Anonymous

The one in the driver's door control panel? Only since the snow/frost, mine won't work at all. The mirrors still fold when you lock the car, but not when you use the button whilst sat in the car. Just one more thing to add to a growing list of niggles. I presume it should be covered on the warranty? :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Perhaps you operated it whilst it was frozen or had snow on it?

A

Anonymous

That should be covered by the warranty - that's the only negative thing I've ready about the RCZ, and to be fair it was a more general comment about Peugeots, the interior build quality doesn't have the best of reputations. So far though no problems for me although I have only had the car for just over a week.

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much for ther replies...and having been snowed in for four days (I live in the Peak District) I only used it for the first time since Monday yesterday afternoon and even then, I only noticed it when I came to retract them before backing onto my drive. Pah. More hassle.

A

Anonymous

i know it mat sound silly but did you slide the button over to the side you want the mirror to retract ?

A

Anonymous

Woolly said:
The one in the driver's door control panel? Only since the snow/frost, mine won't work at all. The mirrors still fold when you lock the car, but not when you use the button whilst sat in the car. Just one more thing to add to a growing list of niggles. I presume it should be covered on the warranty? :thumbdown:

Please let us know what the other niggles are...it might be useful for your fellow forum members to know?

A

Anonymous

The left or right mirror dips when you reverse, if the switch is in the left or right position (GT only, I think).

The same switch has a rearwards position, which allows the mirrors to be manually retracted (into the same position as when the car is locked).

Haven't tried the manual retract on mine since the cold snap, but it was certainly working beforehand.

A

Anonymous

It's -6 deg and my mirrors have frozen in the retracted position. Not much fun driving without them. The handbook says this system can only be turned off by Peugeot. Not much use at 6pm when you need to drive home!

A

Anonymous

Brooktop said:
It's -6 deg and my mirrors have frozen in the retracted position. Not much fun driving without them. The handbook says this system can only be turned off by Peugeot. Not much use at 6pm when you need to drive home!

And quite dangerous driving with neither side mirror available to you - especially as it's dark early too. :thumbdown:

This car does have a lot of moving parts i.e. Wing Mirrors, Rear Spoiler and the Windows which don't seem to have really been thought about in a Country like ours with its (very) varying weather.

You'd think that they'd have little "heater" mechanisms in place to ensure that a little bit of British weather wouldn't "wipe them out" at the first sign of frost / ice.

I'm lucky so far. Garage at home and Multi-Storey at work so hasn't been an issue for me.
Tis only a matter of time though before I'm out in the frost / ice overnight :cry:

Didn't think I'd purchased a car where it couldn't be used in a bit of frost / ice.
Novel excuse for work though: "I can't come in today, my Wing Mirrors are frozen" :eusa-think:

Reminder to Self: Only sell the car in the Summer so the Punters won't realise the impact of a little bit of frost :Moony:

RCZ1

Reaction score
I think temperatures down to -12, -16, -20+ is more than just a little frost for most things to have to cope with, let alone a car and its mechanisms. Peugeot is not the only car with moving parts and I know they are not the only ones experiencing problems in this exceptionally cold spell we are having. Lets remain realistic :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I think temperatures down to -12, -16, -20+ is more than just a little frost for most things to have to cope with, let alone a car and its mechanisms. Peugeot is not the only car with moving parts and I know they are not the only ones experiencing problems in this exceptionally cold spell we are having. Lets remain realistic :thumbup:
Totally agree. Someone I work with drives a Renault and on several occasions he couldn't engage gear because the system had frozen. He's not sure if it's the break/clutch fluid that's freezing or what exactly but not too reliable! And we're not having anything like the sub zero temps you're getting in mainland UK. Only gone as low as -2 with me and that's quite cold enough.

A

Anonymous

Didn't have any issues with the mirrors when I dug the car out at the eekdn after being under snow for a week without moving.

I did have an issue the previous week with frozen screenwash however and it wasn't much fun driving with limited visibility for 35 miles before it unfroze. When I purchased the car would it have been filled with anti-freeze screenwash or normal water?

A

Anonymous

Sounds like a fuse has blown over-revving the motor in the ice. Take it to a dealer - very quick fix if that's the case.

A

Anonymous

Has the frozen mirror happened to anyone else? This morning, I poured a load of warm water over them but then realised that I must have hit the retract buttom anyway when trying to get them to come out last night. I've put some bags over them today to try and insulate them. Does the heating element in the mirrors only cover the glass?

I've also put a call in to the local dealer to see what they recommend, but service dept is extremely busy (for some bizarre reason :eek: ).

I wish you could decide whether to have them in or out, like other cars.

A

Anonymous

It was -8 here this morning after a -7 yesterday. Mirrors opened and shut fine.

FGRob

Reaction score
I had no problem with the mirrors the other morning at -10C, I would certainly not recommend pouring warm water over them, think about it where is the water going to go - inside the mirror housing which is already freezing so what's your water going to do - freeze.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

-7 here this morning. I left a bottle of water in the car overnight and it was frozen solid - never seen that before! Cambridge was like a picture postcard today with a heavy frost on the trees and brilliant blue skies (eventually!). No problems with the car in the cold - had heater on at 25 and was toasty warm!!! :)

A

Anonymous

FGRob said:
I had no problem with the mirrors the other morning at -10C, I would certainly not recommend pouring warm water over them, think about it where is the water going to go - inside the mirror housing which is already freezing so what's your water going to do - freeze.

Rob.
I'd just figured that it was no different to heavy rain. Will see what happens tomorrow as it will be -10c again :(

A

Anonymous

For Valle Norte:
Other niggles have been the analogue clock not being in sync with the digital one...when you se the digital one the analogue one always stays 2 hours 45 minues faster. Then there's the noise in the clutch when that's pressed in and the spoiler not going down. Maybe not the biggest gripes you can have but when you've paid what to me at least, is a lot of money for a car you'd looked forward to owning, it's a bit of a disappointment all-round.