What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

anyone with a dashcam?

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Ive just put my new dashcam in the car.
Its prety neat. It has a screen so you can see what it sees and also it can take photos and playback any saved videos.

Maybe ill be able to make my own car crash tv programs :lol:

Attachments

• 20150221_171211.jpg
    20150221_171211.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 10,494

renegade79

Reaction score
get yourself over to Russia and you'll see plenty of action at intersections :lol:

A

Anonymous

Check YouTube u'll see Russians shot each over getting cut up

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Theres a program on channel five on a monday evening thats all russian dash cam videos lol

A

Anonymous

Are you allowed a screen showing moving footage to be within view of the driver?
I have a feeling I overheard a while ago something along those lines & thinking it made sense.

SEVEN7SEV3N

Reaction score
What system are you using ?
I've wanted one of them to film the other IDIOTS on the roads thinking I want to race them !!!!!

A

Anonymous

Be interested to see how you've run the cable from the camera down to your charger! :eusa-think:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Im not sure Kroy, but if it gets annoying for me, then I'll move it.

Its called a GS8000L. Thats one of the reasons I got one, but also because my philosophy is to assume no-one else on the road knows how to drive. So this is is handy if im unable to avoid their stupidity lol.

You cant see how Ive run the cable ;)
Its tucked into the headliner and runs down the pillar behind the trim into the back of the dash and behind the fusebox panel. The only bits you can see are the plug going into the camera, and the but going into the 12v socket in the glovebox. :)

stagger321

Reaction score
Here's my mini 0801 setup.
Cost - £34.99 delivered

All wires hidden aside from bit shown below - will hide all this in fusebox

Have bought bits'n'bobs to hardwire to fusebox so you won't see that cable. Only thing I am currently struggling with is where to find a suit earthing point near the fusebox. So any suggestions would be most welcome.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Ive used the wiring for the glovebox light. Bit of a bodge but i hardly use the glovebox.
I think any exposed metal on the body of the car is earthed but im not sure where is best.

Attachments

• 20150221_170015.jpg
    20150221_170015.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10,419

2retro

Reaction score
I just use mine to film a greatest hits of me overtaking slow moving traffic! :D

DKZ5745

Reaction score
stagger321 said:
Cost - £34.99 delivered

I am looking to buy one of these Stagger, could you tell me where you got yours from, seems like a good price :eusa-think:

stagger321

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
stagger321 said:
Cost - £34.99 delivered

I am looking to buy one of these Stagger, could you tell me where you got yours from, seems like a good price :eusa-think:
From Amazon mate.
Buy direct from E-Prance (search "E-PRANCE New Mini 0801" on Amazon) - to ensure you don't get a rip-off clone.
As I say my model is the Mini 0801, but there are also the more expensive Mini 0803 and Mini 0805 which are newer improved iterations on the mini 0801. Mine works fine, but some have complained about issues. As long as you use the supplied firmware it seems to work fine.
The seller will give you options on included mini CD cards to go with it, and also an optional GPS logger should you so desire.
Price is about 43 quid now for what I got.
PM sent with amazon link

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Thanks for that Stagger, looking into the 0801/03/05 thing you mentioned. Also from the link, I have found one called A118 which is interesting.

If I get one I will try to post some pictures, although they may look exactly like yours :lol:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So after researching various review sites, I have ordered a Viofo A118 dashcam, a 32gb class 10 TF Micro SD card and a hardwire kit.
Grand total from three different suppliers in a land far far away £48 :thumbup:

Now all I have to do is break it to the wife :eusa-think:

Once they finally arrive (estimated 1st MARCH latest) :eek: I will bang it in (if it works) and take a few piccies

Thought I would try to connect the hardwire supply to the spare fuse slot at the bottom of the fuse box in the glove box, but need to find out if it's ignition controlled first.

If there are any English instructions with the kit, I might even read them :geek: (that would be a first).

If you hear about a car fire in the Royston area, I probably got it wrong! :wtf:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, this is what the A118 is supposed to look like when fitted. Time will tell once mine arrives............. :sleeping-yellow:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 10,310

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Not sure that they speak English :eusa-think: and my Mandarin is pretty useless too :crazy:

tianorth

Reaction score
When I've contacted a seller in tiawan or China they have responded in English probably through a translator but when read you get the jist.
Worst that can happen is you get a load of Chinese characters.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Will see what it comes with, fingers crossed :eusa-whistle: