What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Another post about arches!

Pedro

Reaction score
Any issues using a pressure washer with Full Dipped arches?

How have they worn since you did them?

Can you wax/seal them like your paintwork?

Tks 👍
Never use a pressure washer on a Z or most other cars for that matter its OK to clean out the crap from underneath & the wheel arches but never on Bodywork Definately a no no see in the handbook if your unsure after reading this ! o_O

tm2204

Reaction score
I've used 'Peek' metal polish on mine since I bought my RCZ in April 👍

So far it's doing a great job keeping the arches clean & shiney :cool:

FREDY36

Reaction score
Eh bien, j'ai enfin réussi à résoudre le problème des arches d'argent une fois pour toutes.

Après que DKZ5745 & 2retro aient mentionné Plasti dip dans le fil "Remplacement du badge frontal mk 1", je suis descendu dans le terrier du lapin !

Je n'ai pas utilisé de plasti dip cependant, mais leur homologue européen qui est censé être une légère amélioration (je ne peux pas commenter ou comparer cette affirmation).

Et les résultats

Voyons comment il résiste aux conditions météorologiques/routes britanniques et au lavage par jet :shock:
Bonjour Okeystokey, Pouvez-vous me faire un retour sur le comportement dans le temps de vos arches en FULLDIP svp, merci. Cordialement Fred

Lanciaman

Reaction score
Just having a look at this. Any advance for 2020 or is it a toss up between the G3 or AutoSol still? Or any other products come up trumps?

Kenneth

Reaction score
Yesterday I decided to give the arches another go.I found that G3 Professional Scratch Remover did a marvellous job in ridding all water marks etc.

It's much kinder than T cut but still does the job without damage and has left a super shiney surface.

How I can keep it like that I don't know ,but it didn't need much elbow grease to clean the surface so not too much a job to do it every time I wash the Z (which admittedly isn't that often!)
I wasn’t that bothered about my arches but after reading this I tried this stuff last week (I had some kicking about here and it’s great for minor paint scuffs) and have it a go. It’s worked well and they are holding up so far 👍🏼 I’ll just do it as needed. It takes 5 mins. It has wax in it so it throws off water but a coat of whatever wax or polish you use won’t do any harm

K.S

Reaction score
Like verminator says this worked best for me...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-29-13-26-38-70_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-29-13-26-38-70_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 3

Kyemin

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this one?

Mothers-Mag-and-Aluminium-5oz-1.jpg

I bough it to polish mine but I still haven't tried.

Kyemin

Reaction score
I guess it will ruin the plastic coat. I searched the forum after this post and found someone saying that works well using it with steel wool and that's how I was going to do mine. Steel wool 0000 and Mother's Mag. I know they will be great but if there's a plastic coating, I don't feel that confident on doing so for the long term.
Guess I'm going to study the problem a little further since what you recommend is not easy to find where I live. 😉

will_berry70

Reaction score
I've tried autoGlym trim/bumper polish which is pretty good for a temporary fix/improvement. It lasts better than WD40, but it's probably lasts no longer than a month.

Kyemin

Reaction score
Don't know about that product hope it is not to abrasive as the RCZ arches are plastic coated
Finally managed to get my hands on a bottle of Autoglym and yes Sir, easy fix and looks like the bottle gonna last forever since very little product was needed. Thank you for the tip, "Obi-Wan" Verminator! ;)