What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Another post about arches!

A

Anonymous

So my arches are water marked badly

Read so many posts on the forum about it.

So decided to purchase some DoDo juice and tried this.

Hasn't seem to make a blind bit of difference.

Any other suggestion from the gurus

or do i get them wrapped. Issue is its a dolphin blue so suits the chromed arches

Cheers

Oli

jr4070

Reaction score
Try Duraglit or Silvo. They are silver polish's that come on a pre oiled wadding. Its not abrasive. Worked on my GTs..silver arches..

A

Anonymous

jr4070 said:
Try Duraglit or Silvo. They are silver polish's that come on a pre oiled wadding. Its not abrasive. Worked on my GTs..silver arches..

I'll give it a go thanks for getting back to me

Reaction score
Is it the Dodo Juice Supernatural Fine Cut Metal Polish you tried ?

That's always worked fine on ours.

howardf

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I've seen a dolphin blue with wrapped arches on here,.......and it did look good, gave it a more modern lift (in my opinion that is!)

A

Anonymous

howardf said:
I'm pretty sure I've seen a dolphin blue with wrapped arches on here,.......and it did look good, gave it a more modern lift (in my opinion that is!)

Can't make my mind up what colour to wrap if I do?

A

Anonymous

Cuore Sportivo said:
Is it the Dodo Juice Supernatural Fine Cut Metal Polish you tried ?

That's always worked fine on ours.

It was the pre-wax one

A

Anonymous

My aluminium arches have had something sprayed on them by the local Peugeot dealer, leaving spray patches that can’t be removed. As new arches cost well over £1,000, they are trying some special polish from Peugeot France. I see a post suggesting Silvo metal polish wadding will clean the arches. Has anyone any experience on the sucess or otherwise, on using Silvo

Plecodoras

Reaction score
I would use AutoSol,

Always have used this on my bikes and exhausts, there even is a stainless steel version. Is very very good.

Worked on my silver arches on my gt200 Dolphin Blue just don't let it dry out - rub clean polish in one go. :thumbup:

:beer:

ianGT156

Reaction score
What are the arches made of?

It looks to me like plastic wrapped aluminium. Mine are originals, well as far as I know. I almost feel like peeling the "film" off but is it actually a coat at all?

Thanks.

renegade79

Reaction score
I loved my silver arches but For an experiment I got my arches wrapped in gloss black and I think they looked pretty good!

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Yep, sprayed mine with plasti-dip. Transformed the car I rekon. Can peel it off easily if I ever wanted to go back to silver.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
ianGT156 said:

It looks to me like plastic wrapped aluminium. Mine are originals, well as far as I know. I almost feel like peeling the "film" off but is it actually a coat at all?

Thanks.

I would tend to agree Ian, I thought the same and I am sure there were signs of peeling or fatigue which led me to think they had a film on top. And I do believe they are aluminium. Quiet surprised at how much someone said they are to replace, so not sure that I would attempt to remove the film.

Just remembered, it wasn't peeling but looked more like water had got underneath and started to corrode?

I think if mine weren't already black, that I would maybe wrap them, ideal part for wrapping. Never used plastidip so cant comment, but knowing me I'd get it everywhere ! :D

A

Anonymous

I had the same issue with my arches, I did try the Silvo like people recommended and found it didn't seem to do much for me, so I simply just tried some Autoglym super resin polish on them and they came out beautifully and they haven't got any water marks anymore :)

RCZ1

Reaction score
Lightspeed_1992 said:
I had the same issue with my arches, I did try the Silvo like people recommended and found it didn't seem to do much for me, so I simply just tried some Autoglym super resin polish on them and they came out beautifully and they haven't got any water marks anymore :)

SRP is full of fillers so will be masking the marks however if it’s working for you that’s all that matters.

D

Deleted User

rather than add another thread I thought I'd bump this one up...

has anyone got a latest and greatest product to tackle the arches? to me, looks like Dodo Juice Supernatural Fine Cut Metal Polish is the favourite?

what kind of cloth is best used to apply this? small circular motions?

thanks,

ian b

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
ianGT156 said:

Thanks.

I would tend to agree Ian, I thought the same and I am sure there were signs of peeling or fatigue which led me to think they had a film on top. And I do believe they are aluminium. Quiet surprised at how much someone said they are to replace, so not sure that I would attempt to remove the film.

Just remembered, it wasn't peeling but looked more like water had got underneath and started to corrode?

I think if mine weren't already black, that I would maybe wrap them, ideal part for wrapping. Never used plastidip so cant comment, but knowing me I'd get it everywhere ! :D

This is what I think the problem is, especially with mine. I have read they are anodised, and it seems the corrosion is happening under this hard coat.

I know that sounds impossible, but I have tried various methods, even used Autosol with a buffing pad on a drill to try and remove the marks but nothing changes. Here is a close up pic to show what I mean.

I think I have 4 options;

1) replace, 2) remove hard coat & polish them for the rest of my life, 3) wrap, 4) Ignore

Attachments

• closeup.jpg
    closeup.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 5,526