What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Airbags or pre-tensioners

A

Anonymous

Hi nicpy,

I have the same problem in my Z since yesterday. Can you tell me how you fixed this issue (did you do it yourself or had to have it fixed at a repair shop)?

Thanks mate

nicpy

Reaction score
I did the fix myself. Access to the connector isn`t that easy, but is doable, from underneath is the easiest but done more by feel than sight. You will need to remove the front part of the under shield, on the driver’s side behind the grill about half way up there is the connector for the pedestrian impact ribbon sensor, which was my problem, and this had become partially disconnected. Not the easiest thing to do because of the angle but it needed a good push on so that it clicks securely in to place. That did the trick for me. :beer:

Helmski

Reaction score
nicpy said:
I did the fix myself. Access to the connector isn`t that easy, but is doable, from underneath is the easiest but done more by feel than sight. You will need to remove the front part of the under shield, on the driver’s side behind the grill about half way up there is the connector for the pedestrian impact ribbon sensor, which was my problem, and this had become partially disconnected. Not the easiest thing to do because of the angle but it needed a good push on so that it clicks securely in to place. That did the trick for me. :beer:

nicpy, Is this strip attached to the bumper or the actual car chassis?

MaccaManus

Reaction score
Have same issue at moment! Looked at my airbag switch and a little blade of metal fell out! How do I replace the switch? How to get it out!?!

paulfarley

Reaction score
Another problem nailed!! This one turned out to be a faulty connection at the pedestrian impact ribbon behind the front bumper. Fault sign on ignition on gone. 👏 👏
Thank you so much for the report as after much messing about with the seat connectors to no avail I read this and then remembered I had a new air con condenser fitted a few months ago. I did not consider that the ribbon would have give this fault tbh. Anyway long story short I undid the bumper and checked the connector and it was NOT fully seated. I removed and re seated and annoying intermittent fault (mostly on) has gone. As many have reported I took it to the local garage and their brand new Snap-on diagnostic could not read the fault (reset yes but not read it) !!!

Dima

Reaction score
Hi, RCZ gang,

Is it possible to to get to this connector without taking the bumper off?

paulfarley

Reaction score
Hi, RCZ gang,

Is it possible to to get to this connector without taking the bumper off?
I did remove all the fixings so I could pull the bumper forward to get to the connector but it only took 40mins(thanks to YouTube). I suspect you could get to it from underneath if you remove the under tray.

Dima

Reaction score
Yes, I dont have this plastic under tray, so managed for see the connector and plug it in:)
Not complicated procedure overall if u manage to stick your head through the ground clearence.

Cheers,