What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Air con gone

Bad Dog

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My A/C has gone too. Had it looked at, checked and rebased but still not working. However turns out the radiator fan has packed up and it won’t chill the A/C. So if you have a problem with the A/C check whether the fan cuts in when the A/C is turned on.

I have ordered a replacement fan and will update you as we go.

Hope this may help some of you diagnose problems with your A/C.

Woodso

Reaction score
Never ever used the air con so actually not arsed if it works or doesn't. Total waste of money sorting a problem on that system, as far as I am concerned.

Mikefranky

Reaction score
Never ever used the air con so actually not arsed if it works or doesn't. Total waste of money sorting a problem on that system, as far as I am concerned.
Seriously?........last weekend was sweltering 26 degrees down my way in a black car with full leather ice cold Aircon is a must have for me...

DKZ5745

Reaction score
When I bought mine 8 years ago, I pushed the auto button & it’s been lit ever since. Choose the temp & let the car sort it out. Air con is permanently on but blows hot when it’s cold & cold when it’s hot. Never had any problems with it.

Petrus Doyle

Reaction score
Turns out there was no prob after all, the car just needed to run for a bit after charging and now is working just right.
Just as much a must on humid rainy days as on baking hot.
Thanks for your comments everyone

Mdonnelly

Reaction score
Just had mine to a garage for this issue. Just thought it needed recharged after not being used since last year. Turns out the air con pump is faulty, and needs replaced. £640 to replace and fit. I’ll stick to driving with the window down.

Mikefranky

Reaction score
Just had mine to a garage for this issue. Just thought it needed recharged after not being used since last year. Turns out the air con pump is faulty, and needs replaced. £640 to replace and fit. I’ll stick to driving with the window down.
They must be sticking a £340 labour charge on that to fit as they roughly around £300 a unit to buy..
If you could manage to take it off yourself a friend of mine roughly paid £60 to have his reconditioned there’s not a lot can go wrong with them ....might be a cheaper solution for you.

Ecrivain

Reaction score
To Gas or not to Gas that is the question 😆
Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous weather,
Or to take arms against the heat of summer
And, by opposing, cool it? 😅

KMG

Reaction score
With recent higher temperatures I found my air conditioning does not chill the air at all. I have booked in for a recharge, garage man says they run dye through to check for leaks, could it be any thing else?
I had a problem last Friday when I came out of work at 12.00. The temperature in the car was around 30 degrees so I hit the Auto button with both temps set to '14'. This normally results in a fast blast of cold air. This time, all I got was warm/hot air. I had to open the windows to get the cabin cooled down.
I found the number of an AirCon guy and on the way next morning tried the Auto setting again and got cool air. He checked the system with gauges attached to the valve and told me the A/C was fine. He told me to touch the little silver metal bottle valve thingy...it was freezing.
He said that it was most likely a temperature sensor that was giving spurious readings and could be a 'blip', but I should keep my eye on it.
Can anyone expand on this....which sensor could cause this to happen resulting in the A/C blowing hot air when the cabin is hot?
On this note, the manual says to use the Auto setting to maintain your 'comfort setting'. Assuming it's cold, and Auto is on, I would expect to system to blow warm/hot air, and the A/C dial light to be off. It appears to be 'on' whenever 'auto' is on. Is this correct....does the A/C led stay on irrespective of whether the system is in heating mode or cooling mode?
Happened again yesterday.
Got cold air for about 3 seconds then just got hot air. Lifted bonnet and the little metal 'bottle' wasn't cold. If I turn the temperature dial up, the air actually gets cooler until at 'HI', it stops blowing all together. Turn dial back down to 18, and the fan speeds up and I get hot air again.
Leave car over night, and A/C works again. Any ideas?
Book into Peugeot dealer next week, hopefully they can find out what's occurring. Hopefully it will be something simple...

Update!
Turns out it was the Slow Speed Relay Module, if that helps anyone...

Last edited:

rcz200it

Reaction score
Hello everyone hope you are having a good summer in the UK,
I found a leak it was a tube blocked replaced at the dealer, there was a leak they said also on the interiori and not exterior air con radiator so after the tracer fluid to no avail i just after the sealer had to recharge again after 9 months here in Spain, i might put a sealer a second time

lfe

Reaction score
The leak detection system based on a luminescent liquid is outdated.

There are now more efficient electronic detectors with a rod that detect leaks without dismantling parts.

They recently used one on my RCZ, found a leak and now the AC works perfect.