What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Advice needed on buying the diesel version

A

Anonymous

Hi

This is my first post so be gentle :)

I have booked a test drive for the below car (Peugeot RCZ 2.0 HDi GT 2dr - £10676) and if everything goes well I will buy the car tonight.
http://www.carshop.co.uk/used-car/PEUGEOT/RCZ/BF11BYD

I will be doing lots of miles (around 18K-20K miles - all motor way) every year so decided on the diesel version rather than Petrol 200bhp version though the 200bhp sounds very tempting. Please let me know if you have any advice on the price. Is the price okay for the car as it has already done around 63K miles. Do these cars develop any problems after doing so many miles? Also I'm a bit sceptical about the colour of the car as the blue colour looks a bit girly (No offence to girls :) I'm Male, 34.

My main points in choosing this car:
1. Sports car looks
2. Good performance (For my style of driving I guess 163bhp is enough)
3. All usual toys (leather seats, cruise control, speed limiter, bluetooth phone and music streaming, rear and front parking sensors etc.)
4. Acceptable mpg (I'm hoping 45 mpg for my motorway driving)

Also we have a son aged 5, can he sit comfortably in the rear seat or the rear seats are practically useless even for small kids?

Any other advice or feedback, please welcome.

Cheers
Harish

A

Anonymous

i have a 61 plate 2.0 diesel GT and i love it.

1, i do around 550 miles a week in mine mainly dual carriageway but i still have ton's of fun down the backroads.

2, im getting around 48-49 mpg and i like having fun in mine :thumbup:

3, my son is five and he sits in the back with loads of room behind the wife, hell even ive been in the back and im 6 foot 1.

4, if you are still reading this stop and go and buy her and remember she chose you :clap:

A

Anonymous

Thank you lee055 for the info, cant wait to test drive it :)

Reaction score
I have the dolphine blue 2ltr 2010 i've owned it for 18months & i love it, i also have to grandchildren ( i am a young nan lol) 6 & 4 they sit in the back quite nicely & if your son his like my two he will love it. i don't think you will be dissapointed in the diesel version a very good reliable engine, all the best & welcome to the forum :thumbup:

hanswuk

Reaction score
Others may think differently but in my opinion Dolphin Blue with silver arches and wheels make it a 'pretty' car which is not at all the same as 'girly'. There are quite a few second hand RCZ's around nowadays so you can be choosy but if you like this one, go for it!

A

Anonymous

pulimiharish said:
Thank you lee055 for the info, cant wait to test drive it :)

i got mine with 8k on the clock and she is now at 33k im not a betting man but once you have that test drive you will be hooked. ive had the wifes 3008 for three days whiles my alloys were getting redone and i missed my RCZ sooooooo much

A

Anonymous

Forget all of your questions. If after the test drive you are fortunate enough to be chosen then it's a done deal. For the record the engine is nie on bullet proof. Frugal and powerful, loads of torque so you will not be changing gears on the motorway. Kids will love it, you will love it, the wife will love you for buying such a practical car. She will have so much room in that boot for her shopping :lol:

Just hope the RCZ choses you :beer:

A

Anonymous

Yay, paid the deposit for the Dolphin Blue version :) will be getting the car tomorrow.

Attachments

• PEUGEOT__RCZ__HDI_GT__COUPE__DIESEL__BLUE__2011__BF11BYD-c-01_zoom.jpg
    PEUGEOT__RCZ__HDI_GT__COUPE__DIESEL__BLUE__2011__BF11BYD-c-01_zoom.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,199
A

Anonymous

You should have shopped around and got a Derv with Xenon lights....By far the best option on a RCZ

A

Anonymous

Engine is great tons of torque you will enjoy ,xenons ok but not a negative at all .Bloody expensive when they fail

A

Anonymous

Dolphin Blue is by far the best colour in the range - well done on your choice :clap:

With the planned miles, you should see a good MPG return.

Only two things to be aware of with HDi:

1) Front end heavy - EATS tyres.

2) DPF Activation - again with your planned driving (motorway) you shouldn't encounter this.
Relatively straight-forward to self-correct if you do though.

Apart from that, you should enjoy.

Welcome :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Hello pulimiharish and hello to everybody else too ( my first post.) I bought a diesel version of this model and can say without a doubt it is a very well sorted car. Best of all is the fuel consumption which over 3000 miles I've averaged 58 mpg and that includes lots of hills ( think North Yorkshire Moors , Staxton hill, etc. ) Easily see 60 and above on the motorway if smooth non revvy driving is your style. Only downside for me is that the car attracts plenty of attention and I'd rather go from A to B unnoticed. I like the car you chose, that colour blue is gorgeous in the flesh and sets off the aluminium roof rails and glass roof. I do like all rcz colour versions but that blue when polished and buffed is absolutely superb. Enjoy and many happy miles of motoring to everybody.

A

Anonymous

Thank you guys.
When I was taking delivery on Saturday I noticed that the rear parking sensors were not working and they displayed "Parking system failure" or some error message, so Car Shop told me that they will fix the sensors and deliver the vehicle by Tuesday/Wednesday so few more days of waiting.

BTW my current vehicle is Citroen C3 Airdream 2010 model and I noticed that all the controls / display / Bluetooth / parking sensors are looking exactly the same with the RCZ. And in fact I had the same problem with the rear parking sensors in my C3 and got them repaired through warranty. I guess all these French OEMs are getting the Infotainment and other systems from the same supplier :)

Any other issues that I should be aware of? Its a shame that I couldn't get the car on Saturday, anyways its only couple more days of waiting.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Peugeot and Ciroen are part of the same company (PSA). Some of their models are almost identicle. For example the C1 and 107.

frankvdb

Reaction score
Abzynthe said:
Peugeot and Ciroen are part of the same company (PSA). Some of their models are almost identicle. For example the C1 and 107.

Well yes but this is a bad example because the technology in those is mostly Toyota...