What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Advance notice of RCZ R For Sale

RCZ1

Reaction score
ADVANCE NOTICE OF RCZ R COMING UP FOR SALE !

It is with a sad heart that I'm going to be putting my RCZ R up for sale in the next few weeks. Before I advertise it elsewhere, I wanted to give members here advance notice of its forthcoming sale as I would like it to go to someone within the RCZ community, who would cherish Daisy as much as I have.

I have owned RCZs for the last 7 years and loved every single minute. The RCZ R is without doubt the best car I ever owned. I may well come to severely regret this decision but I feel the time is right for a change.

FULL SPECIFICATION:

My R is mechanically sound. I've not had any problems with it (only those mentioned further down). No engine problems.

Opal White
Automatic Dual Zone Air Conditioning,
Rear Parking Aid,
Cruise Control and Speed Limiter,
Peugeot Connect USB (with Handsfree Bluetooth Kit),
Electric Front Windows and heated with Anti Pinch Feature,
Tyre Pressure Sensors and Tyre Pressure kit,
Rear Tinted Window - Venus Grey 40 Perc.,
Branded Leather/Alcantara Seats, Automatic Windscreen Wipers,
19in R Alloy Wheels - Onyx Matt Black with Locking Wheel Bolts,
Peugeot Connect RD45 Stereo - Radio/CD Player with MP3 Playback (CD never been used),
Peugeot Connect Navigation RT6 Sat Nav system
Ultrasonic Alarm (Thatcham Approved - Cat 1)
Electrically Operated Folding and Heated Door Mirrors (in black)
Roof Arches in Matt Black
Automatic Zenon Headlights (Vision Pack) and light washers,
Interior Sports Kit includes smaller sports steering wheel,
Aluminium foot pedals incl. foot rest

Road tax £145 per annum
0-62 - 5.9 seconds !!!!
Log book and full Peugeot service history provided
Had 51.5mpg out of the R - the most economical of the petrol engines

Last serviced in November 2016 (service interval every 12,500 or 1 year), new spark plugs fitted as per servicing instructions to replace every year.

Front brake discs have been replaced under warranty due to a common fault in the earlier Rs causing squealing, which is now fully resolved.

New GPS aerial and a new radio aerial fitted under warranty when the Sat Nav became confused. All now working as it should.

Door mirrors wrapped gloss black
Rear spoiler part wrapped gloss black
Lower side skirts wrapped gloss black
Top bars of front grill wrapped gloss black
(All wrapping done professionally to a very high standard and has a 8-10 year guarantee)
Lower front valance painted gloss black (done professionally)
Rexspeed front splitter fitted
Rexspeed rear extensions fitted
RCZ R interior dash plaque

K&N Air filter fitted which provides smoother acceleration

Only ever used Shell V Power.

The car has been detailed since day one and lovingly cherished. Paintwork is in excellent condition as are the alloys. Interior is unmarked. Stunning looking car.

Interior mats - front and rear.

A Peugeot RCZ plastic boot liner.

One of only 298 R models registered in the UK. Very rare car in stunning condition !

PRICE £16,800
MILEAGE: 24,000 (car used everyday so will increase)
WARRANTY UNTIL 31st OCTOBER 2017 (car registered 31st October 2014)

Private plate not included. Will revert to original number on 64 plate.

[DOUBLE EXCLAMATION MARK]️A review that sums up the R perfectly:

Compare the standard RCZ next to the RCZ-R, and you’ll immediately notice it’s more aggressive stance. The ride height has been lowered by 10mm, and there are wider R-specific 19″ alloy wheels with sticky Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric 235/40 tyres, which fill the arches with very little room to spare.
R badges are placed subtly at on the front grille, rear boot and wheels, but if you know what it means, you’ll realise that particular RCZ is a bit more special than the others. Other differences include a large fixed rear spoiler, a rear diffuser housing two huge exhaust tailpipes, red-painted four-piston brake callipers and 380mm brake discs.

black roof, ‘limo’ tinted rear double-bubble-shaped glass, and the matt black roof arches looks fantastic

The fact that the RCZ-R pulls much attention as cars as Jaguar’s XKR-S and F-Type show that the Peugeot’s designers have clearly done something right – the RCZ is a genuinely desirable object!

Nappa leather and Alcantara front seats, which look like they’ve been taken directly from a fighter jet. Huge side and leg bolsters will hug your shoulders, hips and thighs keeping you in place for when the RCZ-R is pushed hard on corners, and really rather comfortable too, with good support for the back.

Red contrast stitching and and large R emblem finishes the design off nicely, and that theme also runs throughout the cabin, which the same red stitching across the dash, instrument cluster, around the centre console, on the door cards, steering wheel and centre armrest. Even the rear ‘occasional’ seats get the treatment to maintain the sports theme through to the rear.

There’s also a metal plaque on the centre console with the ‘R Peugeot Sport’ emblazoned on it, which is bolted down, and actually looks very cool rather than being tacky.

Another distinction of the RCZ-R is the shorter gear stick and metal gear knob. There’s also the small, flat-bottomed steering wheel.

Amenities include a Peugeot Connect Navigation system, which raises up automatically and is controlled via either buttons on the centre console or steering wheel.

There’s a USB port, Bluetooth for phone and music, CD player.

Also standard on the RCZ-R are automatic wipers, power-adjustable and heated door mirrors, electric windows, an acoustic windscreen to help lower wind noise, a rear parking aid, automatic, directional and self-levelling headlights, cruise control with limiter, automatic dual-zone air conditioning. Safety kit includes driver and passenger front and side airbags, plus two isofix points with top tethers for the rear seats.
With 384 litres of space, turning into 760 litre with the rear seats dropped, the boot is surprisingly wide, deep, roomy and practical.

There’s a lot to like about the RCZ-R interior: it has individuality, a superb design, well chosen materials for the trim, comfortable and supportive front seats. The large(ish) boot makes it more practical than you might expect too.

Engine & gearbox
According to Peugeot the new ‘EP6CDTR’ motor has “numerous parts [which have been] modified or entirely re-engineered’ to extract this amount of power from such a small engine.”
The engine block is reinforced using a special heat treatment before machining, to make it more durable, there are new pistons developed with MAHLE Motorsport which are forged and use the same aluminium that goes into Formula 1 cars, and these are cooled by two jets.

The conn rods are modified to withstand faster engine speeds, and the big end shells can withstand “the highest cylinder pressures”. The Twin-Scroll turbo is designed specifically for the RCZ R, and there’s also a steel exhaust manifold to permit operating temperatures to be kept higher.

The 1.6 litre, 4-cylinder 16-valve engine kicks out an impressive 270 bhp at 6,000 rpm, with 243 lb ft (330Nm) of torque starting at 1,900 rpm all the way up to 5,500 rpm. With a kerb weight of 1,355 kilograms (2,987 lbs), that’s 170 bhp per litre which – according to Peugeot – “is [currently] among the best in the world for a production vehicle.”
0 – 60 mph is done in 5.9 seconds and it’ll go on to 155 mph at the top end. Official UK mpg is: urban: 33.6, extra urban: 55.4, combined: 44.8, with emissions of 145 g/km.

Acceleration in the R is energetic and lively. The revs spin up quickly. In first gear, and with a reasonable amount of push on the accelerator, the rev counter climbs ridiculously quickly towards the limiter, and I found myself quickly shifting into second, where the same thing happens again. Third was my favourite gear, as it gives plenty of speed and thrust range from low in the rpm to high up in the red.
Whichever gear you’re in though, there’s always a whopping surge of power kicking in between 3,500 to 4,500 rpm, and there’s an almost old-school turbo-lag feel. Don’t think that below those revs there’s no power, because there is and plenty of it too.

It’s an absolutely joyous turn of speed though, and it never once got boring pushing hard through the gears with the accelerator firmly down.
As the rpms rise, the exhaust tone changes to a more aggressive one and the low-down rasping becomes more of growl.

The RCZ R gives a 10/10 grin factor as it sticks to the road unbelievably well, and sits firmly planted even when on tight bends it’s going from aggressive acceleration to a forceful push of the brake pedal and then back on the gas again – a test which’d normally unsettle a car without a decent chassis/suspension setup.
The large brakes easily cope with constant forceful pushes of the pedal, and there’s nothing but positivity
The steering is super-positive, with even a slight adjustment to the wheel showing feedback.

It’d be easy to mistake the RCZ R for simply sporting more power – it’s way beyond that. This is really Peugeots first go at making a full-on focussed sports coupe, and it’s their most powerful production car to date too. They’ve not simply applied a bit of engine fettling, but have gone to great lengths to make sure this is genuinely a car you could enjoy on the track, as well as the street.
The engine uses special MAHLE pistons and a heat-treated engine block, the enlarged brakes are built to cope with regular hard use, and the twin-scroll turbo is made specifically for the R. The suspension has been lowered and tuned for the R, and the wheels and tyres are also designed for the track.
So, it’s a very quick car and it handles brilliantly too.

Specs

ENGINE
PETROL, 1.6 LITRE, 4-CYLINDER, 16-VALVE, TWIN-SCROLL TURBOCHARGER
POWER, TORQUE
POWER: 270 BHP @ 6,000 RPM | TORQUE: 243 LB FT (330NM) BETWEEN 1,900 – 5,500 RPM
DRIVE, GEARS (AS TESTED)
FRONT WHEEL DRIVE | 6-SPEED MANUAL
TOP SPEED, 0 – 60 MPH, EURO NCAP
MAX SPEED: 155 MPH | 0 – 60 MPH: 5.9 SECONDS
FUEL ECONOMY (UK MPG), CO2
URBAN: 33.6, EXTRA URBAN: 55.4, COMBINED: 44.8 | CO2: 145 G/KM
BOOT SIZE, WEIGHT
BOOT (LITRES): REAR SEATS UP: 384, SEATS FOLDED: 760 | WEIGHT (KERB): 1,355 KILOGRAMS (2,987 LBS)

Plecodoras

Reaction score
So, question is RCZ1..

Are you adding a new RCZ to your stable or going off brand all together? :thumbdown:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
So, question is RCZ1..

Are you adding a new RCZ to your stable or going off brand all together? :thumbdown:

No it's the end of RCZ ownership for me. Having owned 3 in the past 7 years I think the time has come for a change. The best 7 years of driving I've ever had I hasten to add, particularly the RCZ R ! I'm sure I'm going to regret it but at least I can say I owned a beauty of a car

t110jim

Reaction score
car looks stunning if I had not bought the 308 I would be first in the queue. You will be missed in RCZ land all the best for the future .

Plecodoras

Reaction score
I have been a dormant user on this forum, but after just upgrading to an R from my GT 200 Dolphin, it has spurned my interest again.

I have only just and I mean Friday 24th just.. bought the R otherwise I would have been interested.

Good Luck with your sale of a future classic.. :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
t110jim said:
car looks stunning if I had not bought the 308 I would be first in the queue. You will be missed in RCZ land all the best for the future .

Thanks Jim, although I'm still going to be around running the FB group and organising meets. I think the RCZ will always be within me - I couldn't just walk away I don't think [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

RCZ1

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
I have been a dormant user on this forum, but after just upgrading to an R from my GT 200 Dolphin, it has spurned my interest again.

I have only just and I mean Friday 24th just.. bought the R otherwise I would have been interested.

You will love the R. It's a fabulous car and sooo much fun to drive. The best car I've ever owned

Plecodoras

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
Plecodoras said:

You will love the R. It's a fabulous car and sooo much fun to drive. The best car I've ever owned

Thanks for that RCZ1, I really loved my GT 200 Blue Dolphin and for the little time I have had in the R, it IS a whole new BEAST ! just gotta watch my licence ! :crazy:

2retro

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
Plecodoras said:
So, question is RCZ1..

No it's the end of RCZ ownership for me. Having owned 3 in the past 7 years I think the time has come for a change. The best 7 years of driving I've ever had I hasten to add, particularly the RCZ R ! I'm sure I'm going to regret it but at least I can say I owned a beauty of a car

It's a beautiful car and one that is only going to get rarer as you know so why would you want to let it go? :wtf:

RCZ1

Reaction score
2retro said:
RCZ1 said:
Plecodoras said:
So, question is RCZ1..

It's a beautiful car and one that is only going to get rarer as you know so why would you want to let it go? :wtf:

I just had a great yearning to get back into a convertible again. RCZ ownership had to come to an end sooner or later and I was lured by a car that made me grin when driving it and was great fun too. No other car has done that since I've had RCZs.

2retro

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
I was lured by a car that made me grin when driving it and was great fun too. No other car has done that since I've had RCZs.
You can't leave us hanging like that! And that car is...?

I only ask because I was speaking to somebody the other day and saying when it's time to sell mine (hopefully not for a long time yet) what en earth could I get in the same price bracket with the same level of fun/style/equipment/etc?

RCZ1

Reaction score
2retro said:
RCZ1 said:
I was lured by a car that made me grin when driving it and was great fun too. No other car has done that since I've had RCZs.

I only ask because I was speaking to somebody the other day and saying when it's time to sell mine (hopefully not for a long time yet) what en earth could I get in the same price bracket with the same level of fun/style/equipment/etc?

Hahaha :)

I've ordered the newly released Mazda MX5 RF (Retractable Fastback). Great little car packed with equipment and technology.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Wow, that's uncanny....

My major hold up about buying the R was that it wasn't a convertible.

Don't get to confused I've had a RCZ for over two years, but have the fortune to have a work car and a weekend car.

I had a Merc SLK 3500 V6 and loved it... that went and I got the RCZ, but then no convertible, so the work car had to go and I got a nice little 307cc diesel pug :dance: .... sorted !

Then work moved further away and the 307 went in place of a LEAF. yes I know ..... :sleeping-yellow:

and now just got the R in place of the GT 200, but it was sooo near to being a Porsche Carrera 4S :twisted:

That will have to wait a while longer. Petrolhead --- I am. !

Friends got a new Mazda MX5 in artic white, it does look veerrryy nice.

Give you a race !! :D

2retro

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
2retro said:
RCZ1 said:

I've ordered the newly released Mazda MX5 RF (Retractable Fastback). Great little car packed with equipment and technology.
Sweet looking car but it's 110bhp less than you're used to - won't you miss all that R power?

RCZ1

Reaction score
2retro said:
RCZ1 said:
2retro said:
RCZ1 said:

Sweet looking car but it's 110bhp less than you're used to - won't you miss all that R power?

No the RF is not slow - it's so lightweight. But the main thing is convertibles aren't about speed. For me, it's about taking in the scenery with the wind in your hair and feeling at one with the world. Besides I would like to keep my driving licence. The R just encourages you to drive fast. I've done that now I want something different.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
Wow, that's uncanny....

My major hold up about buying the R was that it wasn't a convertible.

Don't get to confused I've had a RCZ for over two years, but have the fortune to have a work car and a weekend car.

I had a Merc SLK 3500 V6 and loved it... that went and I got the RCZ, but then no convertible, so the work car had to go and I got a nice little 307cc diesel pug :dance: .... sorted !

Then work moved further away and the 307 went in place of a LEAF. yes I know ..... :sleeping-yellow:

and now just got the R in place of the GT 200, but it was sooo near to being a Porsche Carrera 4S :twisted:

That will have to wait a while longer. Petrolhead --- I am. !

Friends got a new Mazda MX5 in artic white, it does look veerrryy nice.

Give you a race !! :D

Mine is going to be Arctic White.

Wow you have had a range of cars.

Look forward to seeing the Porsche :)

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Hi Kerry,

It's interesting to see what you have managed to find to replace the RCZ. I truly am at a loss to find a car that I actually want instead of my Z. (Except an R :lol: )

I too love convertibles, and had one as my car just before the Z, but it was a Megane CC, which is just slightly heavier than a Cheiftain Tank, so combine that with a non turbo 1.6 petrol engine, and I got used to waving at cyclists overtaking me :helpme: :shock:

The Z was therefore a revelation, both in looks and performance. I too like the Mazda, and there is one on my street in Blue.

I am glad that you have managed to resolve any mental torment you may have had, and that you have found a replacement that you can be happy with.

I would love to buy your car, but my OH is determined to have more room in our next car, so another Z is out of the question. :cry:

I don't think I can get to this years Yorkshire meet, various complicated reasons, although I personally would love to come.

I wish you good luck with your new car, I know you will have it looking better than new once you have chance to work your "magic" , and who knows, if I am out towards the East Coast and see a Shiny White MX5 with the top down, I'll give you a wave. :wave:

tianorth

Reaction score
Pete have you thought about doing a swap with Kerry?
I know it doesn't have quads but. ..........

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have a feeling that one of us would be happier with that arrangement than the other :eusa-think: