What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

AC problem Is there a solution please

athir1972

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have the RCZ 1.6T. There is a strange problem is the air conditioner works but there is no cooler there is no leakage of gas everything is fine but there is no power up to the compressor we connect the compressor directly to the battery works well but the car started smoke from the exhaust ?? Is there a solution to this problem??

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Silly question, have you set the climate control to minimum temperature?

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

DKZ5745

Reaction score
If the compressor works connected directly to the battery, have you checked the fuse for the A/C ?

athir1972

Reaction score
RCZIain said:
Silly question, have you set the climate control to minimum temperature?

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Dear RCZIain, I'm talking about a big problem. Not to a Simple check like a temperature and fuse for the A/C we go to connect the compressor directly to the battery and you tell me to check the temperature of the inside :wave: , When I press the button A/C the light open and the temperature 16 and we check the volts going to compressor just 4 volts not 12 volts..yes we check everything and All good put the compressor not working I need big Experience. thank you

athir1972

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
If the compressor works connected directly to the battery, have you checked the fuse for the A/C ?

Dear DKZ5745, I check all the fuse all good but maybe there other fuse Hidden not check it Could you send me a picture of the place exactly where find the A/C fuse .thank you

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
athir1972 said:
DKZ5745 said:

Dear DKZ5745, I check all the fuse all good but maybe there other fuse Hidden not check it Could you send me a picture of the place exactly where find the A/C fuse .thank you
snapped from the manual -

Attachments

• fuses5.jpg
    fuses5.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 8,290
  • fuses4.jpg
    fuses4.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 8,289
  • fuses3.jpg
    fuses3.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 8,283
  • fuses2.jpg
    fuses2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 8,277
  • fuses1.jpg
    fuses1.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 8,286

athir1972

Reaction score
stewartwillsher said:
athir1972 said:
DKZ5745 said:

snapped from the manual -

Thanks dear I checked all that in the picture,There is no damage, I checked the gas sensor working well, There is something else that is not logical about the problem? Maybe the battery to be the reason I replaced it a month ago? or the Oxygen sensor? or BSI Control? The strange thing is that everything in the car works well except the compressor? very complex car is not like other cars

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I had just scanned the same fuse location pages from my manual :D

You could try a bsi reset, but no idea if that would make any difference for your issue. I would imagine a main dealers response would be 1. full diagnostic check then depending on results 2. Replace various parts culminating in the compressor.

When my previous car had similar issues (Renault Megan CC) that’s what the dealership tried after several re-gassing didn’t help, and eventually a new compressor sorted the problem.

If you want to try a BSI reset :-

Put the driver’s window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all
equipment is switched off.
Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the
ignition.
Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait
15 seconds.
Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do
not open doors.)
Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
Switch on the ignition and check system’s functionality.
Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
remove key open & close door test central locking system
Start the engine and complete the system’s check.
Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many
BSI related items.

Let’s hope something works rather than having to replace the compressor :eusa-think:

athir1972

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
I had just scanned the same fuse location pages from my manual :D

You could try a bsi reset, but no idea if that would make any difference for your issue. I would imagine a main dealers response would be 1. full diagnostic check then depending on results 2. Replace various parts culminating in the compressor.

When my previous car had similar issues (Renault Megan CC) that’s what the dealership tried after several re-gassing didn’t help, and eventually a new compressor sorted the problem.

If you want to try a BSI reset :-

Put the driver’s window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all
equipment is switched off.
Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the
ignition.
Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait
15 seconds.
Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do
not open doors.)
Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
Switch on the ignition and check system’s functionality.
Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
remove key open & close door test central locking system
Start the engine and complete the system’s check.
Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many
BSI related items.

Let’s hope something works rather than having to replace the compressor :eusa-think:

thanks. I try a BSI reset but there is no evidence or sign to BSI reset Such as resetting the meter or clock or radio to the factory settings how I know that the reset Succeeded?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQwhzngHQw4

DKZ5745

Reaction score
If you complete the procedure correctly, the bsi reset will have worked. There will not be any indication of this, other than (hopefully) your problem will be resolved.

If your A/C problems persist, the the bsi reset didn’t help, but at least it’s one more thing that you have tried, and it doesn’t cost anything.

athir1972

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
If you complete the procedure correctly, the bsi reset will have worked. There will not be any indication of this, other than (hopefully) your problem will be resolved.

If your A/C problems persist, the the bsi reset didn’t help, but at least it’s one more thing that you have tried, and it doesn’t cost anything.

thank you, I think tried everything and did not work. So today I changed the gas and recharged it by connecting the compressor directly to the battery and did not solve the problem? :cry:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I can’t think of anything else to try other than another compressor.

I’m assuming that when you turn the fan up you get an increase in airflow, and that the heater works. This would indicate that there are no blockages anywhere in the system and that the fans are doing their job.

If you have recharged the system with gas, and you have connected the compressor directly to the battery but you still don’t have any cold air blowing then I would have thought this must indicate a faulty compressor.

athir1972

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
I can’t think of anything else to try other than another compressor.

I’m assuming that when you turn the fan up you get an increase in airflow, and that the heater works. This would indicate that there are no blockages anywhere in the system and that the fans are doing their job.

If you have recharged the system with gas, and you have connected the compressor directly to the battery but you still don’t have any cold air blowing then I would have thought this must indicate a faulty compressor.

Just find the problem by the maintenance company they want $ 200 and then do not know how much it cost to solve the problem. some time a checker machine gives several problems and one of them is responsible for the problem after we lose $ 1000.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
You could tell them everything you have tried, that should eliminate a good few of the things they might suggest. Or you could just ask them to change the compressor & hope that works, but it could be an expensive error if it doesn’t solve the issue

drdino

Reaction score
Has the vehicle been connected to Diagbox? If so, oes the HVAC ECU have any DTCs stored? What about the value readout regarding pressures, temperatures etc?

athir1972

Reaction score
drdino said:
Has the vehicle been connected to Diagbox? If so, oes the HVAC ECU have any DTCs stored? What about the value readout regarding pressures, temperatures etc?

The problem is complicated because everything is fine but there is no power up to the compressor without a reason. I'll do a separate circuit that works the same as the original circuit to run the compressor. It's cheap and does not cost anything big just $ 50

drdino

Reaction score
It's a complicated system but diagnostics can help. If the HVAC module sees something wrong with its inputs, it will not engage the compressor.

Rather than stabbing in the dark, just go to a garage that has proper diagnostic equipment and can read the HVAC DTCs out. The unit itself is carryover from the 308, same with the airbox compressor etc. It's not something rare.

athir1972

Reaction score
drdino said:
It's a complicated system but diagnostics can help. If the HVAC module sees something wrong with its inputs, it will not engage the compressor.

Rather than stabbing in the dark, just go to a garage that has proper diagnostic equipment and can read the HVAC DTCs out. The unit itself is carryover from the 308, same with the airbox compressor etc. It's not something rare.

I went to check the car and he told me there are a few mistakes but it can not guarantee if the parts are replaced the compressor will work. You can replace a piece of piece, for example it will replace BSI Control and Heating / AC controller for $350 If not solved we go to other things.the Diagnostic Scan Tool Did not give exactly where the problem

The strange thing I searched many sites I did not find a solution to a similar problem, would end for nothing.