What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

20 inch wheels

DanRo

Reaction score
If you choose the right tyres the total diameter don't change.

235/35/20 is only 2mm bigger diameter then the original 235/40/19

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Most speedos are out by a few mph anyway. So as long as you dont go crazy it shouldnt matter on the MOT as they dont do a speed check.

The Guardian

Reaction score
What is the original offset for the 19" wheels on the RCZ? ET..?

I'm looking for some new alloys for wintertires but I don't know what the original ET is and so don't know if the new alloys will need spacers.
Thanks.

A

Anonymous

The Guardian said:
What is the original offset for the 19" wheels on the RCZ? ET..?

I'm looking for some new alloys for wintertires but I don't know what the original ET is and so don't know if the new alloys will need spacers.
Thanks.

The Guardian

Reaction score
Do I have to buy new tyre pressure sensors for the new set of winterwheels+tires?
Are these expensive?

What happens if you don't install these sensors? I pressume the warning light will be on all the time? Can they turn the pressure check off in the software?

DanRo

Reaction score
To be honnest I dind't thing about the sensors when a changed the wheels, but you only get a warning just after you have started the car and it's only for a few second. So it's not really a problem :)

DanRo

Reaction score
Yes the original ET is 27 but you have ca 7mm in the front and ca 13mm in the rear.
So if you want you can use ET20 in the front and ET15 in the back or buy 9" wheels in the front and 9,5" in the back

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
For the TPS, we replaced just the valves and moved the sensors to the new wheels. We can get you the valves if you contact us. This way you still have the TPS active. We recommend replacing the valves any time you change wheels whether you use TPS or not.

Factory offset is 27. So if you buy wheels with a different offset you will need to use spacers. Hub-centric spacers are highly recommended and do not use 5mm or less on the front either. But this will depend on the width of the wheels too. Factory 19's are 8.5. If you car is not lowered too much you can get away with 10mm spacers front and 12-15mm spacers rear.

Our new wheels have an offset of 38, so we added 15mm spacer to the front (23 total) and 20mm to the rear (18 total). With our car being very low it looks the best and does not rub (except at full lock in parking situations).

We sell all of the spacers too:

http://shop.rczperformance.com/HR_c32.htm

20's are nice but I couldn't find any wheel that I liked in that size except for the wheels I did get, but the manufacturer of the wheels did not have 20's in stock and no plans to make any more with our bolt pattern, so 19's it is but I'm okay with that as I have more side wall on the tyres for better handling. I am running the same wheel size (diameter and width) but with the change in offset and the spacers bring the wheels out to the edge which is really the look you want.

These are the wheels I got:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...040430.-2207520000.1384347104.&type=3&theater

Any questions about wheels and tyres, do not hesitate to ask me.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
The Guardian said:
Do I have to buy new tyre pressure sensors for the new set of winterwheels+tires?
Are these expensive?

What happens if you don't install these sensors? I pressume the warning light will be on all the time? Can they turn the pressure check off in the software?

See my response above regarding the sensors, I would suggest you keep them and the valves are not too expensive and are Peugeot original. Also I have a set of the 19" wheels that I took off my car for sale now.

These are the wheels for sale:

http://www.rczperformance.com/RCZ.html

They do have some curb damage but if you are looking for some quality wheels that are designed for the RCZ to run in the winter, then I may have the ones you want. PM me for pricing. In fact anyone interested can, eventually I will be selling these on an auction site.

DanRo

Reaction score
Here in Belgium is not allowed to us spacers. The insurrance can make problems also. So that's why I looked for a supplier which could delivery the off set custom made.

http://www.cavaro.be

They have a lot off different wheels and can delivery them in the off set you need.
So this way you don't need to use spacers .

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
DanRo said:
Here in Belgium is not allowed to us spacers. The insurrance can make problems also. So that's why I looked for a supplier which could delivery the off set custom made.

http://www.cavaro.be

They have a lot off different wheels and can delivery them in the off set you need.
So this way you don't need to use spacers .

Yes I heard that about Belgium. I looked at those wheels in the link but none of them were to my liking, but each to their own. Plus I was looking for a forged lightweight wheel too.

DanRo

Reaction score
The weight is only important if you drive it on the track, I was only interested in the look.
That's way I have 9 in front and 9,5 in the back, now the rear looks real mean with to 265 width tyres :p

And for the track then it's better to use 18" forged light weight wheels like they do on the RCZ Racing Cup.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
DanRo said:
The weight is only important if you drive it on the track, I was only interested in the look.
That's way I have 9 in front and 9,5 in the back, now the rear looks real mean with to 265 width tyres :p

And for the track then it's better to use 18" forged light weight wheels like they do on the RCZ Racing Cup.

We will agree to disagree because 19's can be used on the track and lightness is great on the road too. Again I could not find a design of wheel I liked no matter how wide they are, well take that back, I did find some but for £4K not going to pay that much for them on an RCZ.

DanRo

Reaction score
I didn't say you can't use 19" on the track you can use even bigger if you want....
But if you want light wheels the smaller the wheel the lighter the wheel.

And about the look there is now argument there, what you like or not like is personal

DanRo

Reaction score
For me they are a little bit to flashy in that yellow color....
But that's my personal opinion

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
DanRo said:
For me they are a little bit to flashy in that yellow color....
But that's my personal opinion

I agree although they would have fit perfectly with my yellow RCZ, but true too flashy.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
A

Anonymous

Phew!!! Always knew you were a man of good taste!! :thumbup: