What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

156thp front brakes upgrade

Flanners

Reaction score
Yep designed to fail and be replaced. Was talking to a local car enthusiast who has his own garage as well, owns a lot of classics and a few modern classics, his take was he would not have anything after 2002 as he felt that is when things went South.

People in the UK are obsessed by car badge snobbery, even if they don't have a pot to piss in many seem to have to be seen to 'have made it' by owning a prestige brand; fair play each to their own but given the reliability surveys as you say the Mercs, Range Rovers, Audi, Porsche, BMW's don't do that well anymore.

Pedro

Reaction score
I have a mate who works for Jaguar Landrover & he said carmakers are only concerned with new models for around 3-5 yrs that is why the aftermarket parts system exploded across the world as the car manufacturers didn't want to have warehouses full of parts from models that were in their eyes in the History books

Ian J.

Reaction score
Profit its all it counts, one of Mercedes mechanic said no difference between quality of different car brands, all are made for 10 years 😁
Pug is not bad car, far from it, I have company car VW and can tell a lot about quality and durability
I say buy what you like visually outside and inside, not badge
Totally agree with this
The build quality on my wife's 2020 208 GT line is every bit as good as some of the German stuff kicking about these days.