What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

156thp front brakes upgrade

A

Anonymous

hi, have anyone tried to upgrade 156thp front brakes to 200thp brakes?
156thp has 302mm disks as 200thp has 340mm disks. i got 200thp calipers, but it seems i need to mashine a plate to install them instead of 156thp calipers. i got them for less than 150£, that's why it's not brembo kit etc

tianorth

Reaction score
I think as standard the 200 and the diesel have 19 inch wheels, which allow for the bigger discs.

A

Anonymous

briefly it's not possible to mount calipers from sport brakes on standart car without big modifications.

A

Anonymous

My 13 plate "Sport" 200 has 18 inch wheels so don't think the 19s have been standard on all since face lift

A

Anonymous

the problem is that sport brake caliper is much bigger than standart and has different mountings, so you should either make a custom adapter plate or change wheel hub carrier + driveshats+hubs+hub bearings.
18 wheels are minimum for sport brakes (340mm)

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Correct in that there are two different brake systems that come with the RCZ:

Standard (302mm)
Sport (340mm)

Rear are all the same.

Having 19 inch wheels does not mean you have Sport brakes, and having 18 inch wheels does not mean you do not have Sport brakes...if that makes sense. Basically you can order an RCZ that come with Standard brakes but upgrade to 19 inch wheels, and you can order an RCZ with Sport brakes. Yes 18's will fit over the 340's but not sold this way usually.

We have done a lot of research on brakes and have detailed information about them here on our site:

http://www.rczperformance.com/BrakesandSuspension.html

We are about to add Tarox to our line-up of brake offerings starting with upgrades for Standard systems.

You cannot install Sport brake discs and calipers on a Standard brake system.

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys not that we would ever doubt the good words of RCZ Performance but I can confirm having just been sad enough to go out to the car tape measure in hand that I have the larger 340mm discs on my 13 plate Sport complete with its 18 inch "Classic" wheels I would presume this was another option (along with the leather heated seats) put on the car by the Pug Manager to get it closer to the £30k limit they have or else get hit with more tax

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
stingray_dave said:
Hi Guys not that we would ever doubt the good words of RCZ Performance but I can confirm having just been sad enough to go out to the car tape measure in hand that I have the larger 340mm discs on my 13 plate Sport complete with its 18 inch "Classic" wheels I would presume this was another option (along with the leather heated seats) put on the car by the Pug Manager to get it closer to the £30k limit they have or else get hit with more tax

As I said you can have 18 inch wheels with Sport discs, but this is not a common configuration.

and having 18 inch wheels does not mean you do not have Sport brakes.

No need to measure either. If the front discs have a dust shield/backing plate (similar to what you find on the rears) then you have 340mm discs (Sport), the Standard brakes do not have this, but measuring is always confirmation :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

most of this are due to the same reason why THP156 cant fit a brembo BBK. <-- the adapter.

Solutions
unless you custom mod the adapter. or
as quoted by Bromotyxa - change wheel hub carrier + driveshats+hubs+hub bearings.

Steve, are you getting Tarox in soon? cause i am going to order my replacement brake disc and also brake pads. front and rear... :p

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
After a little research I found some options for big brake kits for standard brakes (156)
Companies like tarox brembo ceika d2 ksport luften
Some of these kits are too much like the 10plot caliper from tarox but some of them have a very good price (ceika)
Is anyone interested for a group buy so we can achieve even better prices?
Can a moderator organize this?

Last edited:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
We would have to see how many members would be interested do you have any links to each manufacturer and their kit?
I’ve seen the Ksport kit which looks super another is pug1off they’re probably cheaper and better quality.

2retro

Reaction score
What's the point though? The standard brakes are supreme already. I guess it would only be for cars with extra tuning/bhp?

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
D2 racing (but it needs 19" rims)

Brembo

Luften

K sport

Tarox

Ceika

Ceika and luften have the better prices but I don't know how good they are

I am the first candidate for a group buy if the price is right

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
What's the point though? The standard brakes are supreme already. I guess it would only be for cars with extra tuning/bhp?

It is for track day cars, for those who want better performance and for the looks!

Goodbye

Reaction score
difference in weight between 302 and 340 discs and calipers is 5 kg per wheel, so 10 kg for both wheels, 340 discs are powerful enough even for R, Peugeot sport knew why they put light brakes on R, 302 are powerful enough even for 200, 340 discs add weight where it matters most, just like heavy wheels, size isnt everything ;)

Pedro

Reaction score
My 200GT came with 19" wheels with BIG front calipers its currently running on Delphi pads & discs & stops on a sixpence so does me fine as for the 156 upgrade I believe from older posts there are mechanical mods involved & speaking of factory fitted components the wiring in my car is all labelled Bosch so not too bad for a French car built in Germany?

Goodbye

Reaction score
Parts that are fitted in Peugeot factory are same quality as on you will find on BMW
its just myth that german cars are superior, they were but a long time ago ;)

Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
Parts that are fitted in factory are same quality as on BMW even on 308 ...
Yea its a funny old world I think I have the video somewhere of them building the Zs it 2 guys to build the body ! 😄

Flanners

Reaction score
Bigger brakes give bigger surface area (larger pads and discs) so shorter stopping distances and greater heat dispersal. Using brakes on the road and then on track is chalk and cheese.

Guess they're both shite then as the quality/longevity of some of the components on the RCZ is truly shocking, I have cars from the late 90s/2000's and the quality is far superior and have caused less issues combined in comparison to the RCZ.

Modern cars are truly shockingly bad, hardly anyone owns their new car anyway; seems they only have to last 3-5 years to the end of the PCP deal.

Last edited:

Goodbye

Reaction score
Profit its all it counts, one of Mercedes mechanic said no difference between quality of different car brands, all are made for 10 years 😁
Pug is not bad car, far from it, I have company car VW and can tell a lot about quality and durability
I say buy what you like visually outside and inside, not badge