What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

156 or 200. Which to buy?

A

Anonymous

mr shiney said:
There is a massive difference between the 156 and the 200. Don't let those who chosen to get the 156 for whatever reason persuade you otherwise. the 200 handles better, accelerates better and feels all round more sporty. The ride is a little firmer because of the sports suspension set up but not the teeth rattling concrete that some make it out to be. Try driving around the welsh mountains in a Defender 90 and you will start to appreciate the smooth quiet set up of the 200GT.

As you will probably guess, I have the 200GT with every option on the list from Wifi to front skirts and tow bar. The only thing I did not fit was quad exhausts as fake exhausts are bit like ***** on a bull. I don't have 'animal' or adverts fro brake pads, oil or whatever stuck all over the bodywork either. When I drove the 156 I loved the looks but buying one was marginal, when I drove the 200 I bought it on the spot. Don't dismiss the diesel either, if it was not the 200 then it would be the Diesel for me, lovely quiet all rounder with plenty of low down torque. Th 156 is in my opinion is a bit of an orphan, more aimed at those who want to low emissions, cheap lease or a fitting in with a company car policy or just prefer bark over bite.

Who cares about residuals, every car plummets in value the moment you drive out the door. 20% gone in a stroke on VAT and then normal depreciation. If you can't afford it don't buy it, get a push bike as they do tend to hold a little value if the scrotes who nick them all the time are anything to go by.....

You need to go and test drive all 3 and not listen to the rhetoric on here, especially the crew who tell you how crap the whole experience has been. Once you have test drove all of them then decide. As far as real world mpg is concerned mine averages 27mpg. That is over the 2000m I have had it and bought in May. I don't pussy foot around but neither am I a boy racer (hence a clean licence).

Anyway, thats my 2 cents.

" Oh and if you get my drift the Type R is a horrible, rattly plastic boy racer toy that I would not even accept a lift in.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"

A

Anonymous

yeah i know its cheap and nasty looking ;)

Attachments

• rtype.jpg
    rtype.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 784
A

Anonymous

fadr86 said:
Wow thanks guys, great advice there!

I think i'll go for the 156 now. I don't live in an area where there's a lot of fun roads, so wouldn't use the small amount of extra power

A good choice over the 200, IMO
Obviously as you can see the there will be ones from the "200 Crew" that have already spent their money telling you not to be convinced by owners from the "156 Crew" but at the same time they themselves are trying to convince you to go for the 200. :lol:

For me it doesnt matter if you buy the car outright, have a loan, lease it , use it as a company car or won it in a game of cards, i just cant see how any of that can have a bearing on how you rate a car. In fact i would say that a person who has leased a car or has one given as a company car could give a far more unbiased opinion, after all they havent gone and blown their life savings on something, and that they then feel that they need to convince themselves that it was money well spent :eusa-think:

Basicaly though you will get this difference of opinion everytime time, so try out both the 156 and the 200 engines then decide, but the long and the short of it is, the 200 is firmer and a harder drive, even the "200 Crew" admit that, the steering is stiffer, which i guess is a godsend if you do a lot of track type of stuff, but on normal roads and motorways is it really needed ? Yes it has a bit more power, which is obvious as it has more BHP, however IMO that extra bit of power is nothing special, it's definatley not a "bite" though, its more like a showing of the teeth if anything.

The choice is your m8, :crazy:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
jassyo06 said:

Clever lad managed to upload a pic, and its a corker too. :clap:
i am downloading a photoshop as we speak :) :) as to get a photo for my avatar even the photos you kindly uploaded for me are still too large for the avatar photos,by its taking hours to do so :crazy:

A

Anonymous

If i'm having probs with the photo too big i resize it in "paint" then save the new size.
OR try "photobucket", its a bit like photoshop i think ?
my son use's it if he needs to resize pics.

A

Anonymous

mr shiney said:
The only thing I did not fit was quad exhausts as fake exhausts are bit like ***** on a bull.

Ah, but the Quads are not fake exhausts!! They are piped in to the rear box. Makes the car look balanced at the back too.

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:

We could get into a pi**ing contest..... Would you like me to post picture of my 7 current cars, 6 motorbikes and 2 aircraft.....

I bought the RCZ as a cheap toy. No life savings, leases or company car, so not having to justify anything. It has turned it to be quite a joy to own. It does not get the use it should but then I don't live in the same house or Island day in day out so I have to be in the right place at the right time!!

Type R cheap nasty looking boy racer mobile in my humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to an opinion..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

mr shiney said:
jassyo06 said:

We could get into a pi**ing contest..... Would you like me to post picture of my 7 current cars, 6 motorbikes and 2 aircraft.....

I bought the RCZ as a cheap toy. No life savings, leases or company car, so not having to justify anything. It has turned it to be quite a joy to own. It does not get the use it should but then I don't live in the same house or Island day in day out so I have to be in the right place at the right time!!

Type R cheap nasty looking boy racer mobile in my humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to an opinion..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:text-goodpost: :happy-wavemulticolor: :text-bravo:

A

Anonymous

mr shiney said:
jassyo06 said:

your posts say a lot about you................ "the Honda and the RCZ are Cheap Cars in Your Opinion Your Words"i am sure if where a millionaire like you i would have better things to do than go an internet AND Demean Other Peoples cars :thumbdown: laugh out loud,laugh out loud,laugh out loud, :arrow: Here is a door :arrow: ;)

A

Anonymous

Anyone that finds the need to brag about how powerful their car is, how big the bank balance is or how many toys they own, are shallow people and must be worried about how small their actual "toy" is down below.

This goes for anyone that agree's with bragging is a good post too !!

I work in a poxy factory doing 12 hour shifts, not the best of jobs, but its a job, i save for what i need to buy, and it's hard dirty graft, but that doesnt mean people with money are better than me or think they can look down on me, I absolutely hate pathetic people like that, and i would stand up next to any person like that any day of the week and get my "toy" out for a P*****g contest, there would be NO contest. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nobody cares what others own, just dont brag about your belongings, because in the real world it really is cringing and embarrassing to see someone do such a thing, especially if you are putting someone else's belongings down at the same time.

Jassy, If this site is all about bragging and being a shallow person with money and aircrafts ( that bit made me cringe then laugh :lol: ) then we are both obviously in the wrong place m8. I do get that impression on here though that some people just love to brag a bit about their money, car pools, ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ect, yes it's sad and cringy but if it helps them feel more manly then perhaps we should give them encouragement and try to bring them out of their shallow self existence.

Theres really no need for it, but hey it makes us "poor people" laugh :lol:

Ps,
FAO MODS,
I hope the above thread that was edited by a MOD did not contain personal remarks that needed editing, as that would be out of order, it doesnt matter how much money someone has got, more action should be taken if things get on a personal note :evil:
Also perhaps you could open a sub catagory for all the rich and famous on here to visit when they feel the need to pull one off and brag about a new purchase or about all their money ,cars, houses, helecopters ect ect.
Obviously us poor scum with only 3 cars in the family and a bank balance worse than Greece would not be allowed to visit such a glorious place :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

mr shiney said:
jassyo06 said:

Type R cheap nasty looking boy racer mobile in my humble opinion :? thats a humble opinion :crazy: the "RCZ is a CHEAP TOY" Tell that to all that own it,
as for 0058ron he is calling the car model you own a cheap toy and you have applauded him for this :text-blondmoment: must be or what else is it Ron :wave:

enough of this.

A

Anonymous

Maybe this post should be closed now before it does spiral out of control.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Jactac, the edited post did not contain any personal remarks and if personal remarks were posted the appropriate action would be taken, in the interests of the forum.

Now guys can we get thus thread back on topic and have a group hug :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

K thank you for clarifying that, :thumbup:
I would love this to get back on track, and not have to feel that i need to have a good credit rating and my pilot wings just to be a member of this site. :eusa-whistle:

Anyway where were we.
oh yes,
The 200 is a hard stiff drive, 156 is less hard and stiff (could of worded that better :oops: ), Jassy's Type R is awsome, and i think that about sums it all up. :lol:

A

Anonymous

No the 156 gt is a supercar and the 200 gt is a hypercar :) ,this thread is getting boring whats has been said about either model is enough for anyone to make there own mind up. we are not here to change there minds but to encourage them to buy the rcz,

i am away to the drive to finish waxing the car from yesterday anyhow i spent 5 hours doing the doors and the rear and the roof just got do the front now :crazy: :)

A

Anonymous

It's not about bragging or anything else. I have merely made the point that the RCZ is not about the money you have to spend on a car. I clearly do not work in a factory but have not made an demeaning comments about whether some who does is somehow inferior.

What I do take issue with is the endless banging on about how crap and sub standard the RCZ is and how great the Type R is. I could quite happily afford to buy a Type R but to put it bluntly they are horrible. But thats not the point, this forum is about the RCZ and providing support for them. Not for airing time and time and time again your grievances. We all know how wronged a few members feel. Tough, live with it. But don't get aggressive and insulting with everyone who does not agree with you.

A

Anonymous

mr shiney said:
It's not about bragging or anything else. I have merely made the point that the RCZ is not about the money you have to spend on a car. I clearly do not work in a factory but have not made an demeaning comments about whether some who does is somehow inferior.

What I do take issue with is the endless banging on about how crap and sub standard the RCZ is and how great the Type R is. I could quite happily afford to buy a Type R but to put it bluntly they are horrible. But thats not the point, this forum is about the RCZ and providing support for them. Not for airing time and time and time again your grievances. We all know how wronged a few members feel. Tough, live with it. But don't get aggressive and insulting with everyone who does not agree with you.

this has nothing to do with a honda :wtf: your attitude is and you demean other peoples prized possesions in a rather blunt way.if you dont like what is said on a thread be more diplomatic or just ignore it,i for one have never said the rcz is crap or sub standard every car has its short comings and i have mentioned this ie vague steering and a notchy gearbox thats it. its not crap or sub standard but there are a few members on here that gang up together "CLEEK" on other members this thread is typical of it,I DONT COME ON HERE TO ARGUE that just removes all pleasure from the forum,i come on here to be informed,chat and help other members.

in this post you have said the honda is horrible thats acceptable really :) but not the way it was done in prior posts.