What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

10,000 Mile Service

RCZ1

Reaction score
I had my 10000 / one year service and it was an oil and filter change and cost me £99. Harwood something doesn't seem quite right there. They check levels at the 1000 mile service.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I had my 10000 / one year service and it was an oil and filter change and cost me £99. Harwood something doesn't seem quite right there. They check levels at the 1000 mile service.

What 1000 mile service? Is this in the service book? According to mine the 1st service is due at 20,000/2 years. Thats the only time mine will get done. Modern cars and modern oils don't need mollycoddling.

HARWOOD

Reaction score
HARWOOD said:
Just had my interim service having received a reminder through the post but guess what - no oil or oil filter change included although the reminder states that the oil and oil filter will be changed??? So what exactly have I paid £50.00 for???
Having contacted the garage for clarification, they are adamant that the interim service does NOT include an oil and filter change, only checks on levels etc :crazy:
Totally confused.
PS Car has done 7500 miles.

Have taken it up with Peugeot :eusa-think:

RCZ1

Reaction score
mr shiney said:
RCZ1 said:

What 1000 mile service? Is this in the service book? According to mine the 1st service is due at 20,000/2 years. Thats the only time mine will get done. Modern cars and modern oils don't need mollycoddling.

It's not in the service book and is a free check up just to make sure that all levels are okay and topped up if necessary.
The 10,000 mile service isn't in the book either but is recommended by Peugeot but there is no need to have it if you don't want to. I did just for peace of mind.

A

Anonymous

You mean you paid over fifty quid for someone to check your levels?

Can you let me have your credit card number and Cvv please, I want some new shoes.... ;)

RCZ1

Reaction score
mr shiney said:
You mean you paid over fifty quid for someone to check your levels?

Can you let me have your credit card number and Cvv please, I want some new shoes.... ;)

No, it was an oil and filter change and a general check over the car.

A

Anonymous

What it actually was is a quick and pointless revenue generator for the dealer.
:)

Each to their own.

HARWOOD

Reaction score
As I said, I'm taking it up with Peugeot. I expected an oil/oil filter change as I think 20k miles or 2 years is too long on a new car. I was quoted £50.00 and an oil/oil filter change is what I am going to get - fighting talk. Watch this space :twisted:

A

Anonymous

HARWOOD said:
As I said, I'm taking it up with Peugeot. I expected an oil/oil filter change as I think 20k miles or 2 years is too long on a new car. I was quoted £50.00 and an oil/oil filter change is what I am going to get - fighting talk. Watch this space :twisted:

Why do think two years/20,000 is to long? Are you an automotive engineer?

It's standard for most modern cars. Engines are built to finer tolerance which means less wear and oil is way more advanced. Manufacturers would not state those parameters if they were not satisfied they were appropriate as they have to warranty. It's dealers that try to push the service as its lost revenue stream.

Anyway each to their own I guess.

HARWOOD

Reaction score
No I am not an automotive engineer and I am probably only airing on the side of caution. Many of the posts on this topic seem to believe that an oil/oil filter change after one year is beneficial and I’ll stick with the majority on this one irrespective of whether it makes a blind bit of difference. If you take a look on the Peugeot servicing website http://www.servicing.peugeot.co.uk/peug ... m-service/ it clearly states that an oil/oil filter change is included and recommended especially on low mileage vehicles – which mine is and that’s what I expected to receive during my interim service. But like you say – each to their own! Anyway, having spoken with the lovely people at Peugeot UK, they have arranged for the garage to do an oil/oil filter change FOC

Thank you Peugeot UK – great customer service. :clap:

A

Anonymous

With my previous motors, I've just got them to do the 'whole hog' everytime. Needless to say it wasn't particularly cheap but it puts my mind at rest.
Not sure what i'm going to do with the RCZ though, first time I've bought a car from a stealership.......

A

Anonymous

I have just booked Pearl2 in online for her 10,000 mile thing-a-me-jig. It quoted me a cost of £79 :thumbup: Have requested a software update and for them to look at the rusty hubs. Watch this space :roll:

A

Anonymous

Ron, just paint the hubs with Hammerite silver, did mine 13 mths ago, still look good.

A

Anonymous

bradshaw said:
Ron, just paint the hubs with Hammerite silver, did mine 13 mths ago, still look good.
I do not have the were with all to even remove the wheels. I intend purchasing a trolley jack and an official RCZ replacement wheel when funds allow, but due to the encouragement of RCZ1 I am low on general reserves at present and refuse to dip into the capital expenses pot for such things. However I do have the equipment and materials to keep my pride and joy looking good.
Besides they were rusty in the showroom on the day of purchase, so I feel that it is up to them to take corrective action. Just hope that they take care and do not damage the alloys in so doing. I haven't kerbed them yet but one was slightly damaged by a tyre fitter after the car sustained two nearside punctures at the same time :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
I have just booked Pearl2 in online for her 10,000 mile thing-a-me-jig. It quoted me a cost of £79 :thumbup: Have requested a software update and for them to look at the rusty hubs. Watch this space :roll:
Now for a RANT.
What is the point of companies and in particular for this rant Main Dealers providing customer friendly interfaces if they do not use the bloody systems !!!????
The online booking system that I used to book this service said that I would be contacted SHORTLY to confirm my booking. Two days later and nowt !!!!! So now I shall have to try and find the time tomorrow to telephone them and see if they can now fit Pearl2 in at what will then be short notice. Grrrrrrrrr. God I hate main dealers :thumbdown: Why are they so bloody inept ? Had making a phone call been an easy option for me then I would have done it this way originally, however it is extremely inconvenient and there is a very strong likelihood that I wouldn't manage to do it or indeed remember to. Damn and blast them to hell and back :roll:

A

Anonymous

Calm down Ron, you can now see why Peugeot came 3rd from bottom in the dealer survey in this weeks Auto Express, they really do need to work at it.

A

Anonymous

bradshaw said:
Calm down Ron, you can now see why Peugeot came 3rd from bottom in the dealer survey in this weeks Auto Express, they really do need to work at it.
I blame this particular dealership. They sell possibly every marque and in my experience of several of their dealerships, the standard of product knowledge and service is way below par.
I would so dearly love to use a different one, but am too afraid to. I work incredibly unsocial hours and so this dealership is close enough to collect/recover my car from home or work, if the need ever arises. Where as my preferred dealership is too far away. If I used these for routine work then I fear that I couldn't call upon the crap dealership if the need arose. I have gone into their showrooms to buy cars and walked out without, only to place the order elsewhere as they are so damn poor. They are big, local and sell all marques so you have a big job on your hands if you want to avoid them.

A

Anonymous

Snowy I have told them how bloody useless they are. Each and every time I have been forced to deal with them. They know that I have had shocking service from their company, however of course the examples that I quote to them are from other parts of the business. I was told by one of them "it's a waste of time giving you a valuation on your car because you will only go elsewhere and get a better price. Come back when you have an offer and I will beat it" I was exchanging a 12month old Vauxhall TwinTop for a new one and they were the local Vauxhall dealership. I could go on and on and on but suffice to say they are not bothered. They are too big and no manufacturer would dare to tackle them as they are so large.