What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

10,000 Mile Service

A

Anonymous

What are peoples opinion on doing the 10k interim service ?

Is it worth getting it done or just get an oil & filter change? For anyone who has got it done at Peugeot, what have they paid?

Car is sitting at 8.5k miles but will be a year old on the 26th January.

A

Anonymous

i recomend an oil and filter change at 10,000 they updated the computer and washed the car as well,£80.00 aprox well worth it.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Had mine done when a year old too. Well worth it IMO. Cost £99.
Was that a service RCZ1 ? Or just an oil and filter change. I was expecting that price tag for just the latter :beer:

RCZ1

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
RCZ1 said:
Had mine done when a year old too. Well worth it IMO. Cost £99.
Was that a service RCZ1 ? Or just an oil and filter change. I was expecting that price tag for just the latter :beer:

Well I think it was a bit of both :eusa-think:

It had an oil and filter change but also had checks carried out on everything else too - tyres, lights, wipers, etc. I got a full check list, A4 double sided Paper, of everything that had been checked.

A

Anonymous

Me thinks that the checks that you refer to are a free "health check" and does not constitute a service. I believe the bill was for an oil and filter change. Which is what I shall have done in another four thousand miles.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Me thinks that the checks that you refer to are a free "health check" and does not constitute a service. I believe the bill was for an oil and filter change. Which is what I shall have done in another four thousand miles.

Yes Ron your correct for once?? :lol: A free health check it is, they done this to my car when the car was in for repair

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I bow to your greater knowledge in these things :thumbup:
There is no need to bow RCZ1. I am not stating a fact merely my opinion. Marcus where are you when we need your input ? :beer:

A

Anonymous

I'll be getting mine serviced at 10K too. I think the standard 20K is far too long to leave it. I'd be miffed if a dealer replaced brake pads etc at 20K purely because they might not reach 40K ... but if I could eek another 10K out of them and get them replaced at 30K...... that's the Scots in me!!! :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Eugh, the price of an oil change frustrates me as it's something I could easily do myself but I suppose I'm paying for those stamps in the service book *sigh*

A

Anonymous

xzibit206 said:
Eugh, the price of an oil change frustrates me as it's something I could easily do myself but I suppose I'm paying for those stamps in the service book *sigh*

I would do it myself too (I used to on my really old cars - until resorting to a screwdriver through an oil filter in order to get it off - put me off). At least your books getting stamped at 20K intervals as recommended??? You changing your oil is for your own peice of mind. What about going to a wee local garage to give the RCZ a once-over? Might be cheaper than the stealers rates???

A

Anonymous

I've been rather lucky as it is. Got a second hand RCZ with only 5500 miles on the clock, year and a half old so the 2 year service in June will probably work out to be at the same time as me hitting the 10K mark. I knew when I bought it I wanted to treat it right and get the full service history officially. It's also why I've spent a small fortune (nothing relative to some members I feel! :eusa-think: ) on car care products.

I think it must be the scottish in me! :lol:

A

Anonymous

I missed the 10k oil & filter change but did the interim service (though not exactly sure what this covers) so will now wait until it hits 19k. Should be there in a month or 2 and am at 16k now. Had RCZ since May 11 with no issues. But some bugger has managed to leave a nice scrape on drivers wing mirror which I noticed whilst cleaning last weekend! Will have to get a quote for this to no doubt, which will probably be the cost of that missed oil change and a few extra quid for good measure. Happy new year!

A

Anonymous

In the end I got the intermediate service done at Ecosse Peugeot in Bo'ness. Excellent service just as I got when I dealt with them previously when I owned a 206CC and recommend them to anyone within reasonable driving distance of Bo'ness.

Book stamped and safe in the knowledge that a competent mechanic was looking at my car.

http://www.ecosse-peugeot.co.uk

A

Anonymous

That's good to know Derek, cheers. Not too far from Aberdeen :)
How long did they take? Is it possible to wait for it while it's being done? Were they expensive?

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
That's good to know Derek, cheers. Not too far from Aberdeen :)
How long did they take? Is it possible to wait for it while it's being done? Were they expensive?

Depends on what you call not too far :lol:

Intermediate service is actually free as a promotion to let you see how good they are, oil change would be additional cost.

I will be getting my 20k / 2 year service done there as I trust them to work on my car. The alternative is a Peugeot dealer with my local one not to be trusted to look after goldfish, nevermind cars.

For anything else, call them for a price, I'm sure they will be competitive. The owners, Diane and Matt are also great as well. They were originally more about modifying but are doing more servicing/maintenance now as the modifying market isn't what it once was.

Pupose built premises:

HARWOOD

Reaction score
Just had my interim service having received a reminder through the post but guess what - no oil or oil filter change included although the reminder states that the oil and oil filter will be changed??? So what exactly have I paid £50.00 for???
Having contacted the garage for clarification, they are adamant that the interim service does NOT include an oil and filter change, only checks on levels etc :crazy:
Totally confused.
PS Car has done 7500 miles.

A

Anonymous

The service interval is 20,000 miles and thats when mine will get done...

A

Anonymous

Just had an interim service at 4000 miles, it inc oil & filter change!