What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Zombie1066 goes to SuperChips - Part 2 (now at 247 bhp)

A

Anonymous

Re: Zombie1066's RCZ goes to SuperChips - Part 2

nice ;)
if you use unichip u dont need take out yours ECU.
i think its better , and safer.

A

Anonymous

zombie amazing, but what about wheel horse power? how are the figures?

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
joaofisio said:
zombie amazing, but what about wheel horse power? how are the figures?

The figures in the graphs are from a rolling dyno at Superchips, so the results are at the wheels.

A

Anonymous

amazing Zombie. So great also, ive a doubt how many KM/miles you got with your rcz? got any problems till now after all the mods

Thank you and great great car mods

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
joaofisio said:
amazing Zombie. So great also, ive a doubt how many KM/miles you got with your rcz? got any problems till now after all the mods

Thank you and great great car mods

I put 90 miles a day on the car when I go into the office for work, that is usually 4 times a week. So I have put a lot of miles on the car since doing any of the mods and with no issues to report.

Thank you and I will be doing more mods when possible, and you can always check out more on my website at http://www.rczperformance.com. Check out the 'About Us' page to get a good understanding of the site.

:beer:

A

Anonymous

So mr Z :thumbup: whats the maximum the 1.6 thp engine can handle without a clutch upgrade/piston upgrade/brake upgrade or even gearbox whats your actual engine/wheel bhp goal??? without doing the afore mentioned upgrades as i think your fast approaching the limit of a 1.6 litre thp OEM engine :eusa-think:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
jassyo06 said:
So mr Z :thumbup: whats the maximum the 1.6 thp engine can handle without a clutch upgrade/brake upgrade or even gearbox whats your actual engine/wheel bhp goal??? without doing the fore mentioned upgrades as i think your fast approaching the limit of a 1.6 litre engine :eusa-think:

I believe I am close to the limits of keeping things stock (e.g. brakes, clutch, etc.). At 250 bhp I definitely would be looking at these, in fact brakes and suspension upgrades are in the pipeline now before I try to squeeze any more out of my car. I truly believe the engine can handle this, and along with moderate driving and vast experience with cars with much more horsepower, I know it will. If I was tracking the car where I was seeing WOT constantly, then definitely not.

A

Anonymous

Zombie1066 said:
jassyo06 said:
So mr Z :thumbup: whats the maximum the 1.6 thp engine can handle without a clutch upgrade/brake upgrade or even gearbox whats your actual engine/wheel bhp goal??? without doing the fore mentioned upgrades as i think your fast approaching the limit of a 1.6 litre engine :eusa-think:

I believe I am close to the limits of keeping things stock (e.g. brakes, clutch, etc.). At 250 bhp I definitely would be looking at these, in fact brakes and suspension upgrades are in the pipeline now before I try to squeeze any more out of my car. I truly believe the engine can handle this, and along with moderate driving and vast experience with cars with much more horsepower, I know it will. If I was tracking the car where I was seeing WOT constantly, then definitely not.

Its in the making then :thumbup: whats involved in upgrading the suspension? and the track on the rcz can that be exploited :eusa-think:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
jassyo06 said:
Zombie1066 said:
jassyo06 said:

Its in the making then :thumbup: whats involved in upgrading the suspension? and the track on the rcz can that be exploited :eusa-think:

Definitely mate, I can't stop...check out my 'About Us' page on my website to see what I mean ;)

As you know I am not a fan of spring only installs as this is not the correct way to improve handling. So I am looking at changing several components (shocks, springs). I will keep you posted. I have tracked most of my street cars in the past, so I probably won't stop now.

A

Anonymous

How has the fuel burn gone? Has it improved or gotten worse? As with my old Mazda 3MPS when it is remapped it actually improved the fuel burn so would be keen to hear how this goes

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
refused said:
How has the fuel burn gone? Has it improved or gotten worse? As with my old Mazda 3MPS when it is remapped it actually improved the fuel burn so would be keen to hear how this goes

Unfortunately 90% of my driving is on country roads and so I am never able to cruise or drive casually, and then of course I do like to put my foot down more often than not.

But I did do some tests in which I did see an improvement on my regular journeys (too and from work). So not just do I have more power, but if driven wisely you will see an increase in MPG.

I rarely see the motorway or dual-carriage ways, but I am sure if you do more driving on these you will see improved fuel burn.

Oh and if you are interested in a remap from Superchips, check out my site and look under Tuning for some savings :thumbup:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
sensen said:
kkrcz said:
Warranty void?

Just don't tell dealer about it :lol:

Exactly!

The remap is not detectable unless there is a reason to check the ECU. Superchips does offer a warranty program. Power modules can easily be removed without any detection by the manufacturer.

Lets face it, if you are worried about any violaton to your cars warranty, then do not do anything to to your car. But for those of us that are willing to do anything to our cars, we shall do so but knowing the implications if we do.

:beer: