What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Z "R"re-map

Grimreaper

Reaction score

a member of the rcz france fan club did a stage 2 on his R and with a bigger custom intercooler he crossed the 300cv
to know that rare are the R to have the 270cv announced, and little exceeds the 260cv
Interesting! Is this the standard 270 intercooler ?
also would it bolt straight on to a 200 THP ?

E.C.Ewe

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone had their "R" re-mapped, if so what were the improvements, ...that apart was the "R" under-tuned to comply with various countries emissions standards etc ? What in anyone's opinion is the max tuning torque -bhp keeping within safety parameters?.

Thanks

Do you actually own an RCZ R yourself? I get the impression you don't.

I think the std R is more than adequate for very fast driving on public roads. Like others have said I would be concerned about the additional heat generated by the turbo and therefore upgrading the inter cooler. Then I'd be concerned for the clutch. Brakes are big enough to handle a lot more power. In any case I have a Peugeot Warranty on mine so if any component failed like the turbo then it would be replaced. If I'd had it remapped and stuck a bigger intercooler on it then this will be rather obvious and Peugeot would probably not replace failed components. I am more than happy with 270 bhp.

E.C.Ewe

Reaction score
I saw a lot of thp270 video and rare are those with 270

A lot ............. the R is not a common car! How many cars? Same old with the internet, one person posts some thing negative whether true or false, then it is repeated thousands, millions of times, then all of sudden that product or item has acquired a crap reputation. How many RCZ R owners have had their cars on a dyno, one that is properly calibrated, with exactly the same climatic conditions? I've not had mine on a dyno. You are starting to look shaky.

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
Hi, my main concerns are 1. I don't want to put undue stresses on the engine beyond its safety parameters, or premature failure of parts. 2. I don't want to compromise handling for xtra power, as I presume the car is set up for 270bhp. + Surely Peugeot Sport have tweaked it to optimal performance already.

Its fine for a stage 1 map it won't do much more plus I've seen 308 gti owners with same engine running 340-400hp stock internals, the engine block needs forging after 400hp I think and someone is taking theirs to 550hp with alot of upgrades.

A stage 1 will be fine

Grimreaper

Reaction score

a member of the rcz france fan club did a stage 2 on his R and with a bigger custom intercooler he crossed the 300cv
to know that rare are the R to have the 270cv announced, and little exceeds the 260cv
Have you got the part number for the R intercooler please. ?

Flanners

Reaction score
Its fine for a stage 1 map it won't do much more plus I've seen 308 gti owners with same engine running 340-400hp stock internals, the engine block needs forging after 400hp I think and someone is taking theirs to 550hp with alot of upgrades.

A stage 1 will be fine

Thought the R had a forged/reinforced block and gb already, with mahle pistons etc. Reckon 300bhp would be ok as long as the extra heat could be accommodated by the 270ic; a good tuner should be able to ensure that.

Marmite

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone had their "R" re-mapped, if so what were the improvements, ...that apart was the "R" under-tuned to comply with various countries emissions standards etc ? What in anyone's opinion is the max tuning torque -bhp keeping within safety parameters?.

Thanks
Had mine done and it was much better in mid range but ended up causing me problems , had to get the turbo rebuilt so had it put back to stock ! Never again !! 270 bhp out of a 1600 is enough I would stick with reliability

Marmite

Reaction score

Thanks

Marmite

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

Thanks
270BHP in a car this light is not enough? o_O ;)
Hi and welcome, I have a mate who’s a forum member who’s had his R remapped and says it’s well worth doing with very noticeable power gains throughout but it’s the better throttle response and midrange that’s most impressive. His is knocking the 300bhp mark and evening the racing cup cars don’t do much more due to reliability issues.

Thanks

Thanks

Attachments

• 929956C5-717A-4002-B3C4-AC98979AEB00.jpeg
    929956C5-717A-4002-B3C4-AC98979AEB00.jpeg
    76.7 KB · Views: 22

RCZ-R

Reaction score
My dyno result is in the signature. I also don't buy into the fairytales of RCZ R having only 260 PS or lower.

Marmite

Reaction score
Those power figures were after mapping , stock it had 271 bhp an only 276 bhp and another 30 nm off torque but after a while it developed a water leak on the main bearing housing on the turbo so had the turbo rebuilt at midland turbo . I decided to put it back to stock as I would prefer reliability, maybe it would be ok to having it mapped again but I’m not chancing it .