What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

You had a splutter and a drop in power?

A

Anonymous

The drops in power are very rare when I'm pulling away from a junction, say 2nd or 3rd gear it just judders for 2 secs then it goes. Usually when foot flat to floor

A

Anonymous

Hmmm

Well, my car showed the engine fault message, and the power reduced, but next time I started up it had gone.

As it was due for a service, I mentioned it to the service guy.

I got a call from them saying Pug UK were asking for more info etc. Next day another call from the service dept and was told that they had been told by Pug UK to replace the cylinder head and something to do with the timing.

All of this only took 7 days including a weekend, so I was very impressed with their swiftness.

The car certainly runs better now.

Shame yours is taking so flippin long!

Hope she comes back fixed properly.

D

A

Anonymous

I just hope they do a good job! PUG have apologised as I put a complaint in. And compensated me with another years warranty when it runs out, as clearly there is something not right

A

Anonymous

Fozzerman2 said:
I just hope they do a good job! PUG have apologised as I put a complaint in. And compensated me with another years warranty when it runs out, as clearly there is something not right
Will help provide some peace of mind :thumbup: I think that is very good of Peugeot UK :clap: Hope they get it sorted this time and you are happy with the results

A

Anonymous

Fozzerman2 said:

Hi Fozzerman,
just wondered how you logged your complaint with Peugeot uk? was it through your dealer? As I have just become a victim of the cylinder head problem, my car has only covered 13,000 mls and i'm not very happy especially as I read on here that it's quite a common fault and my warranty runs out in 4 months!

A

Anonymous

Mines only done 6000 miles and is spluttering and losing power already waiting for peugeot to book car in they want to do oil change 1st to see if this clears it up . Not mechanically minded so not sure if this will work :?(

hanswuk

Reaction score
Richardjallen said:
Mines only done 6000 miles and is spluttering and losing power already waiting for peugeot to book car in they want to do oil change 1st to see if this clears it up . Not mechanically minded so not sure if this will work :?(

Cannot see how that could possibly make the slightest difference!

A

Anonymous

Car is pulling timing for what ever reason. Are you running premium fuel?

A

Anonymous

Car booked in next Wednesday for them to sort problem out will update when it's sorted . Will it happen again ? Warranty runs out in September :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

MaX83 said:
Car is pulling timing for what ever reason. Are you running premium fuel?

Richardjallen said:
Car booked in next Wednesday for them to sort problem out will update when it's sorted . Will it happen again ? Warranty runs out in September :eusa-think:

So no?

A

Anonymous

I have done over 21k in my car, I use good fuel. I have just purchased a obd2 wifi dongle and it sends info to dashboard command app on my iphone. As no warning lights came up but the faults are readable using this. For £20 and £30 for app it's worth it trust me

A

Anonymous

I got I touch with pegeout headquarters thru there complaints

A

Anonymous

Fozzerman2 said:
I have done over 21k in my car, I use good fuel. I have just purchased a obd2 wifi dongle and it sends info to dashboard command app on my iphone. As no warning lights came up but the faults are readable using this. For £20 and £30 for app it's worth it trust me

Post how many degree's timing pull you are getting when driving hard in hot weather. Not when cold or at night, drive it till its heat soaked and when its nice and hot outside, put it in 3rd, drop revs to 1000rpm, then floor it all the way to the limiter and then post your logs.

Those apps wont show you other errors than the car. If your car is not logging an error then this wont pick it up either. The logs should show if there is something to worry about. If you post the log I will send it to one of our tuning gurus and have him give feedback on how healthy your car really is.

A

Anonymous

The car was logging the error but not displaying it, and you wouldn't even know it had a fault without a code reader as there were no lights or messages displayed at all and this code had been up many times.

A

Anonymous

Fozzerman2 said:
The car was logging the error but not displaying it, and you wouldn't even know it had a fault without a code reader as there were no lights or messages displayed at all and this code had been up many times.

What was the fault? Knock detected or misfire?