What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

You had a splutter and a drop in power?

A

Anonymous

Have a look at these photos of the cylinder head. Get your cars in to the garage if you have accelerated and it had a drop in power! The cylinder head and valves etc should be shiney a clean! As you can see they are black Coated in carbon, and it's called metal fractures and pitting etc

A

Anonymous

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364547732.280627.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364547732.280627.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,972
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364547751.509692.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364547751.509692.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,972
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364547781.805895.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364547781.805895.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,972
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364547794.017598.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364547794.017598.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,972
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364547806.509253.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364547806.509253.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,972
A

Anonymous

It's about time they did something about all these issues, there has been too many of the same failures, some major and very expensive. I require a new cylinder head for there poor choice of engine

Tomas_90

Reaction score
I'm assuming these are intake ports? Cause if they are exhaust ports they look incredibly good. Those are usually all black from soot, on older engines atleast.

A

Anonymous

Looks like the end of a trumpet to me :?
But hey I'm old and Welsh. :lol:

A

Anonymous

Fozzerman2 said:
It's about time they did something about all these issues, there has been too many of the same failures, some major and very expensive. I require a new cylinder head for there poor choice of engine

Find someone in UK who do this: http://www.carbondoctor.co.za Thats who we use. Common problem for direct injection motors. Check how bad the RS4 looks!

Tomas_90

Reaction score
MaX83 said:
Fozzerman2 said:

Find someone in UK who do this: http://www.carbondoctor.co.za Thats who we use. Common problem for direct injection motors. Check how bad the RS4 looks!
Oh i see. That looks like a serious problem. :(

A

Anonymous

MaX83 said:
Fozzerman2 said:

Seems Audi's TFSI engines look worst of all. But most photos ARE from Audi/VW engines it's hard to compare to other brands.

A

Anonymous

TomC said:
MaX83 said:
Fozzerman2 said:

Seems Audi's TFSI engines look worst of all. But most photos ARE from Audi/VW engines it's hard to compare to other brands.

VAG outsells Peugeot quite dramatically in South Africa. I will have mine done on 30 000km and upload photos... but that is still very very far away.

A

Anonymous

Put Redex in your tank every time you fill up and you wont get this problem, I have been adding it since 1965, owned 30 cars in that time and have never had an engine problem.

A

Anonymous

bradshaw said:
Put Redex in your tank every time you fill up and you wont get this problem, I have been adding it since 1965, owned 30 cars in that time and have never had an engine problem.

Wont work as no fuel pass through intake mani. Fuel goes directly into combustion chamber.

A

Anonymous

Those are the valves, all the valves are fuc*ed. It's because of how the fuel is injected. It's ment to be direct injection and by this cooling them. Of course it has not. My dealership says its the 3rd they have had like this. It is a common problem

A

Anonymous

They are surprised how its still running. I say again get your cars checked for this and timing chain tensioner

A

Anonymous

They are doing under warranty I've asked them how much it would of cost and they estimate £4000 with parts at cost and labour!

A

Anonymous

After how many miles did this occur? Had you taken it in for investigation due to the spluttering and loss of power when this was unearthed?

Tomas_90

Reaction score
So does that mean you can randomly just walk into the dealership and say: My car feels slow. Would you mind awfully taking a look and cleaning out the intakes for me? Even tho it might not be That bad yet.

How are they to know how an RCZ is supposed to go? Cause i bet to a 99% certainty that none of the mechanics or salesmen in my nearest dealership has driven a THP 200.

A

Anonymous

Tomas_90 said:
So does that mean you can randomly just walk into the dealership and say: My car feels slow. Would you mind awfully taking a look and cleaning out the intakes for me? Even tho it might not be That bad yet.

How are they to know how an RCZ is supposed to go? Cause i bet to a 99% certainty that none of the mechanics or salesmen in my nearest dealership has driven a THP 200.

I think the symptoms must be relatively severe for them to open up the motor. I knew about this already when I had my C4 and tried the "my car feels slow" spoof but they didnt bite... lol

Guys from carbon clean reckons after about 50 000km the intake mani will require a clean. My direct injection GTI, now with 40 000km on the clock, shows no symptoms yet, makes proper power, idles smooth and has no dips in the actual power delivery...

A

Anonymous

Simple if you have experienced one drop in power, then it should register a fault code. Such as my rcz did. First state of play was to clean the cylinder head with these canister things. They are expensive but are covered under warranty. This contaminants oil so they also do oil filter and complete oil change. This didn't work for me, so they opened her up for the third time to inspect and this was the result. Just take it to the dealership, and ask them to check fault codes. My rcz didn't bring a engine management light up

A

Anonymous

I only have 24k on the clock. Started to experience it around 13k and then it all started from there. Peugeot have offered another years warranty when it runs out in October