What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

You are not going to believe this!!

A

Anonymous

Hi all,
Picked up my new RCZ this morning and I was soooo excited...until I saw the car. Whoever had valetted the car had left the polish on too long it had striped the chrome and caused some sort of scuffing on the roof. Not only that! the car was dirty and dusty inside and out. there was some sort of scratches on the driver side rear...I had paid extra for the supaguard, that means they supaguarded over the dirt :shock: .
As you can imagine...I was gutted, upset, furious and told them I don't want the car and they can keep it.

I know this may sound stupid, but i've even been put out off buying the same colour again now.

I am now looking to have to order a new one again...anyone know of a 156 manual shark grey, black leather for sale at a showromm...I'm so gutted :wtf:

FGRob

Reaction score
That's terrible news, what did the garage say, are you willing to tell use the name of the garage to warn future potential buyers of their bad service.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

To be honest the salesman was as shocked as me. They were obviously very apologetic and I don;t think he knew what to say....they didn't even try to pursuade me to keep it, I told them they should sack their valet man.
I don't want to name them as I am hoping this is a one off and there customer service up until this point has been very good.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Amber

That's terrible news. I know I would feel the same if it were me. But don't be too hasty. The supaguard can be removed and the paintwork put right, in the right hands. I would get a professional detailer (of your choice) to do it for you and get your dealer to pay for it. The detailer will get it looking stunning for you, much better than it ever would from the dealer (don't mean to be rude to the dealers on here - its just the valeters at dealer have very limited time to prepare cars whilst professional detailers will do a full and proper job).

Please don't let this put you off the colour that you original chose.

Your car can look stunning again and you will have a car that you will be really proud of.

G81

Reaction score
Thats bad news Amber. I hope they sort it out for you pronto!!

p.s. thanks for not naming the garage, as its one of our few rules here, re. naming and shaming - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Hi Amber

That's terrible news. I know I would feel the same if it were me. But don't be too hasty. The supaguard can be removed and the paintwork put right, in the right hands. I would get a professional detailer (of your choice) to do it for you and get your dealer to pay for it. The detailer will get it looking stunning for you, much better than it ever would from the dealer (don't mean to be rude to the dealers on here - its just the valeters at dealer have very limited time to prepare cars whilst professional detailers will do a full and proper job).

Please don't let this put you off the colour that you original chose.

Your car can look stunning again and you will have a car that you will be really proud of.

:text-goodpost:
As previously said, It is dissappointing but I totally agree with RCZ1. Hope it works out for you.

A

Anonymous

HI Amber,

I totally agree with RCZ1's comments above.
I really feel for you and hope you get it all sorted soon.
Good Luck, keep your chin up and don't be put off!
Bradders

A

Anonymous

hi amber i was very sorry to read about your experience i cant imagine how disappointed you must have felt,i hope you get sorted out soon as they are a great car;i feel the salesman should have taken some of the the responsibility has its not every day a customer picks up a car like this they are alot of pennies and he should have made sure it was in pristine condition for you

RCZ1

Reaction score
J_SLADE1 said:
hi amber i was very sorry to read about your experience i cant imagine how disappointed you must have felt,i hope you get sorted out soon as they are a great car;i feel the salesman should have taken some of the the responsibility has its not every day a customer picks up a car like this they are alot of pennies and he should have made sure it was in pristine condition for you

Very good point. You would think that the salesman would look over the car before they present it to the customer. :!:

FGRob

Reaction score
G81 said:
thanks for not naming the garage, as its one of our few rules here, re. naming and shaming - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47
While I understand the need for some rules, just remember if a garage fails to provide a service and say your engine blows up or even worse causes an accident because they have failed to carry out their job correctly then I'm sure I would like to know who that garage was and I certainly would not hesitate in posting their name, as far as I'm concerned it works both ways for both good and bad garages as long as it's factual and to the point.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Hi Amber,

Really sad to read about your troubles. Please dont let it put you off your RCZ experience!

How has your dealer left it, are they coming back to you with solution? Did you speak to the sales manager or just the sales exec?

Marcus

A

Anonymous

Not wishing to take this thread any further off topic but I've clarified the naming and shaming rules: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=278

To be honest as a user of many forums I would like to see naming and shaming as a valuable way of reviewing dealers/suppliers but as a small site with few resources it is not something we can monitor to ensure fairness. The majority of sites have similar policies and I hope you can understand.

Amber, it looks like the dealer in question is being reasonable about the errors and I hope you come to a fix soon.

Tony

A

Anonymous

Hi,
I am awaiting to see what the garage are going to this morning. I will not be taking the one they gave me though, it is not a new car to me anymore, due to what they are going to have to do to put it right. I know some people believe they could valet it out...I'm afraid the damage caused to the chrome was terrible and I would feel I have a Friday car and I won't enjoy it.

The manager of the garage hasn't called me, but to be fair. Both the sales exec and the stand in manager for the day, have been very good and are trying to find me a new car from stock.

I will keep you updated :(

dpb

Reaction score
Hi Amber,
Sorry to hear about your horrible experience.
Hope they get something sorted out for you soon.

A

Anonymous

Amber said:
Hi,
I am awaiting to see what the garage are going to this morning. I will not be taking the one they gave me though, it is not a new car to me anymore, due to what they are going to have to do to put it right. I know some people believe they could valet it out...I'm afraid the damage caused to the chrome was terrible and I would feel I have a Friday car and I won't enjoy it.

The manager of the garage hasn't called me, but to be fair. Both the sales exec and the stand in manager for the day, have been very good and are trying to find me a new car from stock.

I will keep you updated :(

This is terrible of the dealer to do this but I think your overreacting slightly, The chrome could be replaced and the scratches polish out
do you really want to wait another 4 months for your RCZ? :roll:

If the dealer had noticed this before you collected they would have sorted it and you would have been none the wiser

I mean fair enough if the car had been dented it would never be as good as new but a few scratches and some damaged chrome can be fixed easily, the reason the dealer wouldnt have tried to make you take the car is they will have customer lining up looking for an RCZ so they'll probably have it sold by the end of the week :roll:

dpb

Reaction score
Any update Amber ?
Has the dealer managed to sort anything out for you

A

Anonymous

There has been and it is still on going. It's now quite an amazing story and I am hoping it will all be sorted by tomorrow. I will update with the full saga, as soon as it is finalised.

Just a point for everyone........I was told today there has been a recall for RCZ on the exhaust bracket. Mine was already broken. It's a known fault. Speak to your dealer and they are suppose to be changing it over.

Hopefully I will have good news tomorrow.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Amber said:
There has been and it is still on going. It's now quite an amazing story and I am hoping it will all be sorted by tomorrow. I will update with the full saga, as soon as it is finalised.

Just a point for everyone........I was told today there has been a recall for RCZ on the exhaust bracket. Mine was already broken. It's a known fault. Speak to your dealer and they are suppose to be changing it over.

Hopefully I will have good news tomorrow.

Good luck Amber - hope it all works out for you in a very satisfactory way :thumbup: