What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Xtrons Android head unit install

RCZ-mad

Reaction score
Hi all, so I went ahead and bought an Xtrons android touchscreen head unit, it looked good in promotional pictures but one thing that stood out before I bought it was that no sellers have photos of the unit actually in a vehicle. The only pics they have are photoshopped and from a direct front on angle, which to me, seems either lazy or intentionally deceptive.

But, I've bought an aftermarket android touchscreen for me Alfa 159 previously and it was perfect, was factory fit and looked like it was stock so I decided to take another chance and buy one for the RCZ.

However, this one for the RCZ? Absolute trash. It DOES NOT fit into the recess where the stock head unit sits, it actually is too wide and tall for the opening. And no, it isn't the wrong item, they expect you to have it sitting out like that.

Looking at the photos below, this is what they think is acceptable? What a joke.

Furthermore, I've researched a bit and found they have been selling this particular item, identical specs, for at least the last 3 years. So in all that time, they haven't sought to improve it by making it fit properly or change anything at all. What a crap company. But I shouldn't expect too much from these places that churn out cheap chinese manufactured electronics.

I'm in half a mind to rip out the guts of this thing and pay a 3D print place to design and print out a new frame that actually fits.

Anyway, I'm sending this crap right back and getting a refund.

RCZ - xtrons - side.jpg

RCZ - xtrons - top.jpg

RCZ-mad

Reaction score
Looks a bit odd ?
Yeah and the funny part is, their photoshopped picture shows it fitting perfectly of course. That's just straight up deceptive advertising.

See their picture below...and yes I know that is 308 dashboard but this head unit is supposed to fit that AND the RCZ, since everyone here should know by now those interiors are virtually identical. At least when it comes to that centre section, the climate control and head unit are identical as is the width of that section.

So I measure the width at the top of the climate control (which is where the bottom of the head unit butts up against) and it comes in at around 208mm.

But, the bottom edge of this android unti is 223mm, so clearly it won't fit and that photoshopped picture is meant to deceive.

Xtrons - android head unit fitment.jpg