What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Would you remap the engine? (2014 Red Carbon 156bhp/1.6)

PocketteRockette

Reaction score
Hi all, looking for some honest advice from those who have “been there and done that”.

I bought this 58k petrol version about 3 weeks ago and am finding it lacks get up & go, which is critical when driving around MK (most roads have a 60mph speed limit and I need to get away from roundabouts quickly 😅).

Has anyone tried remapping their engine? What are the potential pitfalls? Will the insurance company accept this mod? What else (if anything) will need to change to improve performance?

Thanks 💋

Pedro

Reaction score
Firstly you must tell your insurer your uprating the Engine if you don't then legally your not insured & the Insurance companies look upon it as fraud if its discovered after an accident
If you remap the car go to a bona fide garage with a rolling road (important) & with full diagnostic equipment they can determine both mechanically & electrically if the car is in the right condition to be remapped safely & preferably not from a laptop as that is like plugging a OBD2 scanner into the car & will not test the load parameters at speed hence the rolling road hook up
I have read owners remapping the 156 up to 190 without any issues but you need to find out if it will be possible if you want even more power
If you add a quad exhaust & a high flow K&N panel filter then its almost at stage 1

Pedro

Reaction score
You could take a chance but personally I would go find a proper garage with the right set up there is a guy in Warrington who has all the right tech & a good review history but its a fair way out from where you are but surely there must be a remap guy near you who has a rolling road etc?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I had my 156 remapped about 4-5 years ago absolutely transforms the car and I’ve had no issues at all just stage 1 and extra fuel economy too! Totally win win.
And allegedly a remapped 156 is quicker off the mark than a standard 200 due to gear ratio and the difference in turbo boost.👍🏻

Reaction score
Hi.
If you have any issues with insurance at all for a re-map then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.