What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Would you buy another ?

Having owned and ran an RCZ would you purchase another ?

• Yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

I must admit I've "scratched that itch", the RCZ isn't the most practical of motor (for me) i.e. practically a two seater, has the ground clearance of a pregnant dacshund, bit useless in NE Scotland with any significant snowfall and IMO a bit of a pain in the butt to park in most carparks. I fret too much.

I can imagine it'll be back to a little motor again after this, but I do (and will have) loved every moment of owning one.

...plus (at the moment) I'm not keen on the facelift.....perhaps a completely revised model might sway me to think otherwise.....

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
I must admit I've "scratched that itch", the RCZ isn't the most practical of motor (for me) i.e. practically a two seater, has the ground clearance of a pregnant dacshund, bit useless in NE Scotland with any significant snowfall and IMO a bit of a pain in the butt to park in most carparks. I fret too much.

I can imagine it'll be back to a little motor again after this, but I do (and will have) loved every moment of owning one.

...plus (at the moment) I'm not keen on the facelift.....perhaps a completely revised model might sway me to think otherwise.....
You are forgiven Donna. I can see from where you are coming, fortunately none of your reasons apply to myself and so I can continue to enjoy my ownership.

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:

what little motor would you take donna !! a ds3 ...audi a1 ...208gti ? :?

A

Anonymous

mel said:

I almost ordered a DS3! Would probably still have one, but I think they'd feel a bit slow now :(
208 ... again, yes I'd have one in a minute as I LOVED my 207 .... but never the GTi, I presume they still haven't sorted out the continual saga with the timing chain issues. I owuld like a fully loaded diesel, but agian the 1.6 might feel a bit gutless.
Never an Audi, they just rob ya ....... NOTHING comes as standard, unlike the Pug and the interior is basically bland as custard.
...could possibly be tempted by a 2L diesel Clubby, but never driven one, an ALL4 would be ideal.
I want an Evoque but I can't afford one :( no chance of kerby those rims!

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:

Donna i will agree with ya min Just this ONE TIME......... :lol: The rcz is a bugger to park and i too fret much.The doors are so long you need at least 4 ft clearance from the next car parked to get the door opened fully to get oot and as for ground clearance i have taken some paint off the bottom of the front bumper entering the site i am working on which has a pot hole/raveen at the gates.......... :thumbdown: and i will need to get it painted before its handed back to the leasing company.... :dance:

A

Anonymous

I disagree with you ther Jassy, I have been driving since 1964, had many, many cars and the RCZ in my opinion is one of the best I have owned t for ease of parking, access in or out of the car is simple even open to the first notch.

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
mel said:

I almost ordered a DS3! Would probably still have one, but I think they'd feel a bit slow now :(
208 ... again, yes I'd have one in a minute as I LOVED my 207 .... but never the GTi, I presume they still haven't sorted out the continual saga with the timing chain issues. I owuld like a fully loaded diesel, but agian the 1.6 might feel a bit gutless.
Never an Audi, they just rob ya ....... NOTHING comes as standard, unlike the Pug and the interior is basically bland as custard.
...could possibly be tempted by a 2L diesel Clubby, but never driven one, an ALL4 would be ideal.

donna the ds3 comes with the same engine as the 156 z so i reckon it could be a right little mover :cool: :cool:

A

Anonymous

mel said:
donnaj1dlh said:
mel said:

donna the ds3 comes with the same engine as the 156 z so i reckon it could be a right little mover :cool: :cool:

0-62 in 7.3secs...so quite a bit quicker!

A

Anonymous

I test drove a ds3 sport it was as fast as my rcz but I felt a bit disconnected from the car it was all too fly by wire but overall enjoyable.

Oh and another thing when I was choosing a car I tried the insurance comparison sites just had an email from them for each car

The DS3 the top 3 cheapest were £370 £458 & £463.

The RCZ the top 3 cheapest were £318 £346 & £391

Unbelievable I don't know how they work them out.

A

Anonymous

Makes me wonder how many people on this forum actually have an RCZ... Only 30 votes on a simple poll !!!

RCZ1

Reaction score
That's about standard response on a poll and there has been a similar thread in the past. Furthermore, it's only been up for a few days, give it time.

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
mel said:

But I'm a diesel girl :)

Ds3, I've been tempted many times, love the look of the car. :thumbup:
My only issue is that there's one on every bloody corner :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Couldn't agree more Jactac. I do think that they're pretty smart looking cars but there are SO many of them on the roads!!! :thumbdown: