What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Wish

Jh72i

Reaction score
When I was researching the z pre-purchase I read a lot about its dull interior. Maybe it's because all my fun cars before the z were very much(decades) older but I think the z's interior is just lovely.

But...

The control panel (radio, etc.) shiny plastic surface does, to my mind, let the rest of the interior down a little.

I might wrap those bits as a wee non-technical project but this has all got nothing to do with my question....

Not now, but I'm sure I won't be able to resist to upgrading to something like this...http://www.iceboxauto.com/peugeot-408-2 ... -8-v5634-b

But my kid recently put me on to Wish.com. Cautiously bought a few cheap things for him & it worked out ok. Then bought a few cheap things for me (rcz bits & pieces) & they were fine.

Now I wonder about buying something like the Android unit!!?? Anyone on here with experience?

Stu8

Reaction score
Jh72i said:
When I was researching the z pre-purchase I read a lot about its dull interior. Maybe it's because all my fun cars before the z were very much(decades) older but I think the z's interior is just lovely.

But...

The control panel (radio, etc.) shiny plastic surface does, to my mind, let the rest of the interior down a little.

I might wrap those bits as a wee non-technical project but this has all got nothing to do with my question....

Not now, but I'm sure I won't be able to resist to upgrading to something like this...http://www.iceboxauto.com/peugeot-408-2 ... -8-v5634-b

But my kid recently put me on to Wish.com. Cautiously bought a few cheap things for him & it worked out ok. Then bought a few cheap things for me (rcz bits & pieces) & they were fine.

Now I wonder about buying something like the Android unit!!?? Anyone on here with experience?
I installed one simular a while back no problems so far, plus I installed a reverse camera , makes a world of difference and brings the dashboard up too date.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Installed a double din Kenwood deck into mine a while ago.

Definitely simplifies and modernises the dash.

Jh72i

Reaction score
Doesn't fix the shiny plastic :wtf: but certainly distracts - love those pics.

Dare I ask where you purchased - guessing its not from wish.com!

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
I actually like the shiny metallic plastic, but it would be easy to spray / wrap to a different finish if desired.

I bought the Kenwood double din locally, but the dash surround online. Was pretty cheap from memory.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
If I didn't have the built in shat nav, I would update my head unit, but I fear losing the controls and the parking sensors.

I've got to admit that the sat-nav is pretty poor.

I would like to update unit and put in a data stick to have internet on the go and seen video of fitting unit for Alexa, which I think is pretty cool.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
If I didn't have the built in shat nav, I would update my head unit, but I fear losing the controls and the parking sensors.

I've got to admit that the sat-nav is pretty poor.

I would like to update unit and put in a data stick to have internet on the go and seen video of fitting unit for Alexa, which I think is pretty cool.

I’m sure in the RCZ official accessories brochure there is a gadget available to make your Z WiFi :thumbup:

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:

Can get sat Nav units that operate much better than the factory system and it's possible to retain parking sensors and factory stalk controls with an aftermarket unit also.

Jh72i

Reaction score
SilverGTi_6 said:
Plecodoras said:

Can get sat Nav units that operate much better than the factory system and it's possible to retain parking sensors and factory stalk controls with an aftermarket unit also.
Would you have a link to a unit that would have all the features guaranteed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Just google mate. Most of the high end units have sat nav these days. Try Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer etc.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I have ng4 flip up and JBL, if I could find something that would work with that I'd fancy a change.