What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

WIP COM 3-D system restart every 30 minutes

Maxelix

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just bought a RCZ 2.0 HDI yesterday and now, after having a longer drive, I had to experience restarts of the whole system, means that the navigation system and every connection (Bluetooth) restarts. The screen gets black and immediately restarts (the Peugeot logo appears) and everything works fine again. This happens like every 30 minutes I would say.

Does anybody know about this problem?

I had my phone connected via Bluetooth for hands-free and the AUX in with my phone to listen to music.

As this car is completely new to me I am a little bit lost. I hope nothing is broken and it just a simple thing. Hope you can help me out. Thanks in advance.

Many greetings,

Maxelix

Maxelix

Reaction score
What year is your RCZ as it sounds like a soft ware issue

It is from 11/2012 (no facelift).

Any solution for this issue? Does it depend or is it related to the connected smartphone? I mean the previous owner must have had the same issue then.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Doesn't have to be exchanged cable can be changed if you are confident to do it yourself

NF7

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with the cable, but with probable bad sectors on the HDD. Please try to reinstall the firmware and see if that helps.

Maxelix

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with the cable, but with probable bad sectors on the HDD. Please try to reinstall the firmware and see if that helps.
Ok, I will try this out. I think the cable seems to be less logical as this always happens in the same time period.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes when the cable starts to fail the screen flickers it doesn’t restart the system, I’ve had something similar and I pulled the fuse for a few minutes seemed to cure it but as already suggested I would install an software update as it’s probably never been done

Iainbor

Reaction score
Just found this thread after posting in a different one - I have this same issue, resets every 30 - 60 mins. Have just updated firmware to N42c - is this likely to fix the problem?

Not going to risk updating maps while I have this issue as likely to trash the unit?

NF7

Reaction score
Just found this thread after posting in a different one - I have this same issue, resets every 30 - 60 mins. Have just updated firmware to N42c - is this likely to fix the problem?

Not going to risk updating maps while I have this issue as likely to trash the unit?
This is more like a HDD issue. Probably better to see if replacing the HDD with CF Card will solve the issue. LINK

bolgarwow

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just bought a RCZ 2.0 HDI yesterday and now, after having a longer drive, I had to experience restarts of the whole system, means that the navigation system and every connection (Bluetooth) restarts. The screen gets black and immediately restarts (the Peugeot logo appears) and everything works fine again. This happens like every 30 minutes I would say.

Does anybody know about this problem?

I had my phone connected via Bluetooth for hands-free and the AUX in with my phone to listen to music.

As this car is completely new to me I am a little bit lost. I hope nothing is broken and it just a simple thing. Hope you can help me out. Thanks in advance.

Many greetings,

Maxelix
HDD degraded or EEPROM

I replaced first HDD and later EEPROM