What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

winkers mod

A

Anonymous

I've exchanged stock winkers to LED !

stock winker

LED winker with electronic circuit to prevent high flash

This item is made by BREX http://www.brex.jp/jp/s25bulb/.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxcYrttFtck[/youtube]
successful!

No high flash, no error massage on the board.

A

Anonymous

Why, it's a lower lumen output so it's not as bright, the only advantages are a quicker blink from off to on and possible lamp life?

A

Anonymous

Why? Because it looks better in my opinion. Nice job Carrarawhite!

A

Anonymous

The main advantage of the LED option would be the longer life - presuming the LED version is a good quality brand.

A

Anonymous

RCZ White said:
Why, it's a lower lumen output so it's not as bright, the only advantages are a quicker blink from off to on and possible lamp life?

I would agree with RCZWhite, it looks a lot dimmer !

A

Anonymous

I don't understand this fascination with exchanging perfectly good serviceable bulbs with these LED's. I keep reading that daytime running lights, numberplate lights are being converted and now indicators! It's beyond me,

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
I don't understand this fascination with exchanging perfectly good serviceable bulbs with these LED's. I keep reading that daytime running lights, numberplate lights are being converted and now indicators! It's beyond me,

I agree actually especially considering the manufacturer bulbs tend to be a lot higher quality than the aftermarket bulbs like that one and you can see clearly that the LEDs are not as bright as the normal bulbs so they are not as safe as than manufacturer ones.

A

Anonymous

tomy90 said:
OO58RON said:

I agree actually especially considering the manufacturer bulbs tend to be a lot higher quality than the aftermarket bulbs like that one and you can see clearly that the LEDs are not as bright as the normal bulbs so they are not as safe as than manufacturer ones.
Thank you. I am so pleased that it is not just me. Was considering changing my user name to Victor Meldrew! But I shall leave it as it is for the time being.

A

Anonymous

Hi all I'm a Lighting designer and my comments are based on the appalling misunderstanding about LED's I come across daily.
They are superb in the right application and are indeed better than filament lamps ,for instance see our rears on the RCZ.
I just sometimes feel that the assumption it's an LED it's got to be better is disappointing when it's not unless it's designed well.
They can be perfect for indicators as the switching does not damage them and as daytime lights as they use marginally less power, can be made into interesting shapes and last longer.
In this instance it seemed dimmer hence my comments.
That being said if you like them that's all that is important and the post with video is excellent.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for your many comments!
Indeed I know this might not be better than the stock practically, but I only wanted to try something new .

I also ever did a similar mod to my Mercedes W202 in the rear winker like this;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDS4w72EEqA[/youtube]

A

Anonymous

Keep up with your lighting Mods. For some of us out there do like to be different.

As RCZ White said, if you like them that what is important.