What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Wing mirror RCZ

A

Anonymous

I can only get the RCZ in/or out of my garage with both mirrors turned in and then with about 1" of clearance on

both - and on a radiused turnout of the doorway. Resulting in (yesterday) 1 mirror impacting on the doorframe

and it (altho' electrically operable) being now lose (floppy) with it's supporting stalk elevated a half inch or so above

the usual mounting that projects as normal to the door (still firm without any deformity).

Can anyone inform me how to proceed to rectify the limply hanging (and inoperative) mirror covering please ?

tianorth

Reaction score
To get help it might be wise to add a photo for use too see what exactly you mean, I know it's embarrassing to show, but we are only concerned with giving the best info to help resolve the issue.

A

Anonymous

Tianorth, thanks for your contact. I will get back to you with photo a.s.a.p.,

A

Anonymous

tianorth said:
To get help it might be wise to add a photo for use too see what exactly you mean, I know it's embarrassing to show, but we are only concerned with giving the best info to help resolve the issue.

Picture size is to big to send. Any chance I can email you the pictures?
Thanks

renegade79

Reaction score
The photobucket website and app will automatically resize the photo for you and then copy and paste the img code and paste it in this thread.

A

Anonymous

My response to both tianorth and renegade 79 is thanks to you both for the solicitation, but I decided in view

of the complexities involved to have the issue resolved by so-called experts - in this case Bosch Service

AutoCare in Chepstow , with the following monetary cost to me and my comments thereon:

Labour - REPLACE N/S/F DOOR MIRROR MOTOR £ 58.00
note this does not say fit a new mirror.
Parts-
ENVIRO ENVIRONMENTAL CHARGES 7.40

P8154HN DOOR MIRROR SUPPORT 185.95
and that is sans a new motor which to me amounts to a majority of 'plastic' innards.

PAINT AND MATERIALS 50.00
the paint being a cover-over of fitment damage by the garage.

PARTS SUB TOTAL- 243.35

NET TOTAL- 301.35

VAT- 60.27
--------
INVOICE TOTAL- £361.62

Autocare informed me that the DOOR MIRROR SUPPORT (1 off) costing was the invoiced amount by Peugeot
and that I find hard to accept for what Peugeot is said to have forwarded. Which was in effect to me a lot of
'plastic' parts and NO new mirror motor. Which I term-so from what was given-over to me by AutoCare.

I would welcome your comments on what I note herein.

For JACTAC (or indeed any other) you are welcome to stop-by to see the build-up and pitting inside of the innards
that were given-over to me - by pre-arrangement please to NP16 5JB, Chepstow. The white build-up on the alloy
parts I see as the origin for the dribbling down the door of a white trace for the often said corrosion - corrosion to
me is something solely allied to ferrous inclusions and not applicable to a deterioration of a die-cast alloy casing &
possibly created by salinity as gained from road wet-deposits (?) Pse note that I am not an expert on corrosion.

A treatment I apply to the innards of the mirror casing is a blown-in silicone lubricant that | purchase from
Harrods and is what I see as being a more lasting covering than petrol based (?) WD 40.

<[email protected]>

thornebt

Reaction score
When you say:-

the paint being a cover-over of fitment damage by the garage.

...does that mean that the mirror was supplied painted the correct colour and they have charged you £50 to touch up or respray the mirror to fix damage caused by the fitter? That seems a bit cheeky to say the least.

A

Anonymous

Part of the mirror-casing's detached / separate front rim that surrounds the actual mirror

was resprayed and not very effectively. The rest of the outer casings covering shell

(above what I term as the black "plastic" bottom half) was not resprayed (painted).

A

Anonymous

To thomebt. I should have said that the top outer-shell covering (Amber coloured)

above the bottom outer-plastic casing was NOT part of the

Peugeot supply and was not repainted by the garage - it was left "as was" - as

original.

thornebt

Reaction score
It's not like the old days is it! If you clouted your door mirror you went to the local motor shop and bought a new one for a fiver and fitted it yourself - it was just two screws. We have such lovely high quality cars these days with so much technology built in that it costs over 350 quid just to replace part of the mirror.