What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Windscreen washer problem

Linzi_

Reaction score
Hi people, I'm new to this & just looking for some help. My windscreen washer has stopped working for some u know reason 😔
The usual sound can still be heard but no water to follow. The tank is full of water & washer. Any help would be appreciated 😁

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi people, I'm new to this & just looking for some help. My windscreen washer has stopped working for some u know reason 😔
The usual sound can still be heard but no water to follow. The tank is full of water & washer. Any help would be appreciated 😁

if you can hear the motor then it’s probably a blockage which means tracing the pipe work from the washer bottle back.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Does you Z have xenon headlights? If so, do the headlamp washers work?

the only other thought was, it hadn’t been particularly cold when you tried it had it? Just a thought at this time of year that the pipes could have been frozen?

misterx

Reaction score
Weirdly my car failed the MOT test earlier this year becaue the headlight washer was not squirting the water where it should have gone. Seems there is no requirement for a washer on a headlight in the first place, but if one is installed it is a fail if it misdirects.

Woodso

Reaction score
If you have LED/HID Bulbs and they are not working,major fail. If ordinary bulbs, minor fail. That is you have them fitted in the 1st place. My view, more trouble than they are worth, just something else to wrong when they are not really necessary.

My wonder is how any vehicle fitted with LED/HID bulbs can pass an MOT anyway as the bloody things blind anyone coming the other way. I live in a tiny hamlet in rural Cheshire and all the local roads are unlit. These bulbs are absolutely blinding in this type of situation, so much so that on a few occasions I have had to stop cos I couldn't see the road ahead. They could light up a Lancaster bomber at 30,000 feet. On well lit roads, they aren't that bad.

It's alright these buggers saying these bulbs are great cos they are some much brighter and light up the road farther. They forget about the poor git coming the other way.

frankvdb

Reaction score
Well that is why the auto leveling is also required with Xenon etc.
The problem is when people "upgrade" their conventional halogen bulbs with modern much brighter alternatives without having the leveling.
I would expect that the leveling prevents blinding.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, I have xenons, and I got so fed up with people flashing me at night when I was driving towards them I took the car back and asked them to lower the lights for me. They checked them and told me they were in the correct position, but I asked them to lower the beam anyway.

I have only had the occasional flash since. 👍

frankvdb

Reaction score
Good to know that that is an option.
I've only experienced opposite traffic flashing at bumpy German autobahns, so I don't really care!
Dutch roads are smooth as silk and paved with gold because of the ridiculously high road tax (EUR. 113 per month for RCZ HDi).

Mrrcz

Reaction score
Hi I'm new too and mine stopped working too. sometimes the fuse blows if your window washer fluid is frozen. it's a 10 amp fuse and it's in the engine compartment. your manual tells u where it is. the tweezers are in the glove compartment