What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

windscreen warning

A

Anonymous

Just had my windscreen changed (crack from a stone chip) and suddenly found that when fitted the cover for the wiper sensor was on the wrong side so wouldnt fit..it transpired that the windscreen they fitted was LHD and not RHD so now they have ordered a new LHD cover to fit under the mirror assembly. Cost is only £6,99 plus VAT but be aware if you need the windscreen changing that they fit the RHD version and that the sensor assembly is on the LHS !!

A

Anonymous

its a nervous sight when they did change it...Both Arches need to come off (torsion bolts at the front and clips at the rear) then the piece under the wipers (where another front bolt exists for the arches)...Zeddy looked very bare when ready for the new screen . Fitter did say that the rain detect system was the fastest reacting they had ever seen :)

Only another 4 weeks and bonus time..hence Quads :)

A

Anonymous

adrian said:
its a nervous sight when they did change it...Both Arches need to come off (torsion bolts at the front and clips at the rear) then the piece under the wipers (where another front bolt exists for the arches)...Zeddy looked very bare when ready for the new screen .

I had a screen replaced in my last car by the local mobile windscreen replacement company. It was a breeze but then I had a popular model. I expect they'll get a shock if they get asked to replace THIS one :wtf:

A

Anonymous

Sadly I also had to have a repalcement srceen. I sucumbed to the ads from a national screen repairer to get your windscreen chip repaired before you were left stranded with a broken screen, it was really the tinyest of chips, however as the repairer poked his thing into the screen to I assume clean it out, it cracked :shock: Oh he said "it happens" "there's a 50/50 chance of it cracking shall I order you a new one we could have her for ...." I was fuming as I new at that point I would have to fund £70 excess for new screen. If he had told me in the first instance that there was a 50/50 chance of cracking I would'nt have gone ahead.

Anyway after discussions with insurance company and windscreen repairer who by the way claimed that the repairer should have warmed me about the risk and that he shouldnt have said that its a 50/50 chance as the repair rate is much higher, they (windscreen repairer) agreed to pay half. They would only pay half as good will gesture as the repairer claimed he had warned me about the risk :|