What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Window regulator

JC1

Reaction score
So last year the regulator went on my Mrs RCZ near side. Warranty covered most of it so job done. Drivers side has only gone today too! No warranty so I need to find 1 and sort it myself. Had a search. Like hens teeth!

JC1

Reaction score
There was a few creaking noises then the motor sized.

I just had a quote for a 2nd hand 1 at £350!!!

I will be replacing with a new item... better get the medication looked out!

Woodso

Reaction score
Try Synetiq breakers, if they don't show the part, go to their online parts dept chat help line, and ask if they can strip one out for you. Every part sold is money for them.

JC1

Reaction score
Cheers for that mate but I'm getting a new one, 2nd hand may not last a week and it's a pig of a job.

JC1

Reaction score
I think I have sussed the problem with these window regulators. During hard frost when you open the door the window lowers just a wee bit and when you close the door it returns. The window is sticking to the rubber and putting a resistance on the regulator.

Both have gone on the wife's car and both during winter in hard frost.

That's my theory anyway, has happend on other models with the same type of windows.

Any thoughts?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Quite possibly, a good tip is to use some silicone spray on the door seals this will help to stop them sticking in winter