What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Window motor problem

RichB

Reaction score
Hello!
I recently bought a petrol RCZ to replace my diesel because of the whole ULEZ thing. I was seduced by the solstice wheels and also running out of time!
Looking to see if I can fix the non-functioning window I removed the door panel (Huge thanks for the comprehensive explanation on here).
To my horror I found the motor is actually missing! I'm not sure if anything else has gone but that is definitely not there.
I went to look on ebay little realising I may have to sell a kidney on there too to pay for even a second hand one!
I'm now wondering if any other models use the same motor? The 307 perhaps? Or something citroen?
I quite like my kidneys where they are... please help!

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
The RCZ is based on the Peugeot 308. So possibly they share the part you need.

RichB

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm hoping someone has experienced of this. Is there a manual way to fully close the window please? I'm motorless with a slightly open window and the weather turning! :eek:0

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I had a window reg fail on a 407 and used plastic wedges to keep the window up until the new part came.
The issue with the RCZ is the window needs to drop when you open the door.

RichB

Reaction score
I had a window reg fail on a 407 and used plastic wedges to keep the window up until the new part came.
The issue with the RCZ is the window needs to drop when you open the door.
Yes I have noticed that. It doesn't sound great closing it with under an inch gap!

RichB

Reaction score
The housing for the motor seems to be there although adrift. And I think the thing attached to that is the regulator which is also there.
Will a missing motor potentially be why the passenger side window only partially works?
Thanks, Richard

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
Just a thought for a temporary fix. Could you swap the left motor over? If the drivers side works, you now know it is just a motor. Plus you can use the drivers side normally, keeping the passenger side closed until fixed at a later date?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes mate and that's unreal that someone would sell a car knowing that they have taken out the window regulator and motor out it it was from a car dealer I would be asking questions as the cost for replacement is not cheap..
All the best
Les

RichB

Reaction score
The previous owners didnt have the car long so it could easily be the owners before them. I think i cant swap over the one from the lhs as its mirrored.
Im very tempted to try one from another peugeot as it is £170 cheaper!
Many parts seem to have a dual peugeot and citroen stamp so i might look there too..

Pedro

Reaction score
The previous owners didnt have the car long so it could easily be the owners before them. I think i cant swap over the one from the lhs as its mirrored.
Im very tempted to try one from another peugeot as it is £170 cheaper!
Many parts seem to have a dual peugeot and citroen stamp so i might look there too..
Doubt it as the window setting from the door commands lower & return to full height so I suspect they knew exactly what the problem was when they sold it which shows how genuine they were maybe you should send them a thank you for selling you a repair bill with the car?

Kyemin

Reaction score
I know someone who does special things to people that I cannot tell here or anywhere... (joking! I'll talk about i anywhere! I mean... what?? Nah! Never said that!)
I would certainly confront the seller about this one. :p