What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Window Drop drivers door

Brolly

Reaction score
Hi All.
I have read about the water ingress in the boot and varying problem it causes.

I have stripped the boot lock and boot switch and they are dry as a bone with no moisture whatsoever. So that doesn't seem to be the problem.

All my issues are on the drivers door. The window does not drop when door is opened, the puddle light does not illuminate when the door opens. (works fine when you turn on the overhead switch). Also the heads up display does not show the door is open, but does if boot or passenger door or boot is open.

I expected a courtesy light switch fault but car does not appear to have 1 fitted.

All electric windows work perfectly

I have diagbox and cars shows no faults.

Love solving problems but this has me baffled

Any idea anybody.

Many thanks

Neil

Reaction score
Hi All.
I have read about the water ingress in the boot and varying problem it causes.

I have stripped the boot lock and boot switch and they are dry as a bone with no moisture whatsoever. So that doesn't seem to be the problem.

All my issues are on the drivers door. The window does not drop when door is opened, the puddle light does not illuminate when the door opens. (works fine when you turn on the overhead switch). Also the heads up display does not show the door is open, but does if boot or passenger door or boot is open.

I expected a courtesy light switch fault but car does not appear to have 1 fitted.

All electric windows work perfectly

I have diagbox and cars shows no faults.

Love solving problems but this has me baffled

Any idea anybody.

Many thanks
Did you ever resolve this problem?

Brolly

Reaction score
Hi Neil

It is intermittent., and I have not found a solution apart from Bsi reset which temp clears it.

it will be fine for months then all of a sudden start playing up for no obvious reason

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there and I had the same problem with the window it's down to the regulator and not the switch I removed the switch and each time it played up unplugged the switch and worked fine until next time expensive replacement repair....
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Neil

Reaction score
Hello, sorry for the long time in responding but where is the regulator and how do I remove it?

Pedro

Reaction score
You have to strip off the door card etc

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
No it is in the motor it just clips out and if it is faulty it is down to a capacitor not holding its charge