What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Will standard 19" alloys fit my R?

stagger321

Reaction score
Lo there.
Anyone know if the standard 19" alloys (as below) will fit my RCZ-R. I can borrow some (from someone some way away) but want to know if they will clear the R 380mm discs and calipers. Plus what is the offset on these?

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Will standard 19" alloys fit my R?

Hey mate,

Not sure about clearance on the calipers, but if the offset is similar they should be close. Spoke design often plays a big part in caliper clearance.

I believe the standard offset is 27.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Offset on the original 19" RCZ R rims is 24
I doubt those will fit the big Alcon calipers.

stagger321

Reaction score
RCZ-R said:
Offset on the original 19" RCZ R rims is 24
I doubt those will fit the big Alcon calipers.
Well I have gone and sourced via Fleabay a set of 19" Pug "Technical" wheels/tyres as fitted to the GT's as standard.
While the inner diameter is fine - as you say the offset is the issue. I knew it would be - but the degree is what concerned me.

The distance from the Alcon caliper to the spokes on the "R" wheels is about 25mm. The Technicals fit fine - but have a clearance of only a couple of mm
So spacers are needed, and I should be fine.
How thick though? Don't fancy inch wide spacers and extra long bolts.
Advice welcomed here.

Note: I only have these for a short amount of time while my other wheels are refurbed, and maybe for running with winter tyres. They will not be for high speed use (over 70mph)

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Re: Will standard 19" alloys fit my R?

A couple of mm clearance from the calipers should be fine mate. The 406 coupe came standard with a couple of mm from the Brembos to the 16s. I also fitted 19s which were literally 1mm away and never had any issues for the 5 years that I owned it.

jr4070

Reaction score
Where are you getting the R wheels refurbed? I have looked into having mine done but the places I have been are retisent about doing them .. They say there not dimond cut originals and the painting and masking off would make the cost vast.. I think that diamond cut effect would be the best..

stagger321

Reaction score
jr4070 said:
Where are you getting the R wheels refurbed? I have looked into having mine done but the places I have been are retisent about doing them .. They say there not dimond cut originals and the painting and masking off would make the cost vast.. I think that diamond cut effect would be the best..
Still looking around. There is a place near Leicester that may have a go, although they are currently scratching their heads on this. I'll let you know if they are prepared to take on the challenge when I have the replacement wheels on.
The issue is they can diamond cut the kerbed section, but then to get the wheel looking un-patched they have to skim down to the hub area so it looks like a single cut.
As you know the wheels are a difficult profile for this.
My own set were locally dremmeled and patched painted/lacquered by the looks of things before I owned the car, and corrosion has got behind this section making it look worst that the kerbed bit. So I can't locally cut & patch that area again - and I really want a decent job this time. Having said that, I want it done as properly as I can - without a complete acid bath strip and repaint/recut which will cost many hundreds.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Not sure if this will help, but if you need a 19" space saver which I had for my RCZ-R, never used comes with brace and jack for sale.

regards Beej

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Just resurrecting this thread to let anyone who is thinking of buying either a standard RCZ alloy as a spare for their R or winter alloys, the R has 9” wide alloys to clear the front calipers the GT alloys are 8.5” wide no problem on the back of the R but will catch the callipers on the front. :thumbup: